• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome,

congratulations, will make a great addition to the garage :D

I know you are a fan, certainly a great addition, I hope it will keep me interested enough so I can keep it for a while.

congrats! It should be really fun to drive!

Thanks Assman, as we all know it gets rave reviews, looking forward to seeing for myself.

Ahhhh Fortis!! That is soooo AWESOME!!!

Congrats and enjoy for many kilometers in the best of health!

As you know - we bought the racing yellow GT4 as I thought I'd never get a build slot.

On Friday Nov 13 my dealer called and told me they were able to make a swap with another dealer. I got a build!

Mine won't be built until March (probably - not sure yet). It'll be Agate Gray with LWS bucket seats. Hubby wants PCCB but I'll probably stick to steel brakes since there's a good chance this will turn into my track car if I can bring myself to let go of the Cayman R that I so dearly love.

The shifting feel of the GT4 is the best (by far) that I've ever experienced. Many others say the same. And the auto blip feature is cool and makes it almost "too easy" to drive (if there is such a thing).

I wish I could do paint to sample but that's been closed for awhile and rumored that it won't reopen before production closes.

Can't wait for your impressions once you get some time with it!

Heartiest congratulations!!!

Cake it's so funny because while I was looking at the car on the showroom floor I was thinking to myself, Cake would approve of this :icon_mrgreen:

I believe you are guilty of this purchase, after reading your reviews I had to have one but I was too late with placing my order and as we know all the spots were filled.

I had a deposit with an interstate dealer who said he might be able to get one but I knew the chances were slim to none, the color I specced for my "wish" order is the same color you specced your new one in, love that color, BTW congrats on you being able to get a build allocation, if anyone deserves one that would be you.

I love the way this car is specced aside of few interior trim pieces, I would've loved some carbon accents but other than that it's perfect, stripped down, track oriented, spec.

Blue seems to be in vogue at the moment so I didn't mind giving it a go.

Looking forward to enjoying it soon! Thank you for the inspiration.

Nice. Love caymans, we just put in a order for a Cayman GTS for my wife's track car. Going to steal it a decent amount myself. We wanted PDK so GT4 was not an option. Carmine Red with black wheels, all the options (even PCCBs, wanted the 6 piston calipers will change rotors and pads right away though). We have a May delivery.

Best of luck with it.

Your wife's car souds like a great spec, carmine red with black wheels is a very nice combo, that's the color of the GT4 the local P dealer had on the showroom floor, it looked very good.

Thank you for the well wishes and enjoy yours in the best of health when it arrives.

I have been reading every bit of info possible about owners' track experiences, especially those who moved from the Cayman R to the GT4.

I'm very nervous about giving up the Cayman R, and ultimately I may not. Most reviews of the GT4 are very positive, and of course it depends on what you want and how you'll use the car. For some, the steering feedback and small, light, nimble feel of the Cayman R is lost when moving to the larger GT4. It has plenty more power, that's obvious - but several have written about a somewhat dead spot in the middle of the power band which would be a bit frustrating. I'll have to experience it for myself to know if it's for me (on the track). Even if it turns out to be a street car - I know it's a fabulous car on many levels. I'm just not sure if I want to give up the light nimble feel of the cayman R which is so "flickable". I might be able to get there in the GT4 given some time, but it took me 3 seasons to get there in the R - and just at the point I'm having a blast since I know the car so very well - I'm now thinking of changing yet again.

Of course there will be similarities with the mid engine and rear wheel drive, and I gotta say that shift feel may be enough to change cars on its own (it's THAT good IMO).

I plan to take our yellow GT4 for an early season track day if I get lucky with the weather. It comes out of storage April 15, and there's a track day April 16 at my local track. I'll take it out for enough sessions to give it a try, and I may try to have the Cayman R there so I can drive for a side by side comparison.

Some folks have cautioned me not to sell the R because they miss their R. Others say once you drive a GT4 you never look back. Everyone is so different I know I'm the only one who can figure out what will make ME happy on the track. I'm not motivated by trying to be the fastest - I know that'll never be me. I love being able to slide the car and know just where the edge is - and it has taken a while to get to that point and I'm not eager to start all over again. I'm also a bit nervous tracking a car at the value of the GT4. The R is no slouch but it's less than the GT4. We get insurance so it's a bit of a "non-issue" but somehow it would feel worse for something to happen to the GT4. Not sure why - I guess cause it's worth quite a bit more and it's new.

I'll have to spec and lock my build before I know my preference for track. Our plan is to keep the yellow car for street if I love the GT4 for track, and we'll make the gray GT4 a track-mobile with cage, etc., and sell the R. If I don't love the GT4 on track we may sell the yellow one and keep the gray one for street, and I'll keep the R for track (I'm not a fan of the yellow).

All "first world" problems to have and I'm a very lucky girl to be in this dilemma.

Did I mention I was at Daytona a couple weeks ago and got a ride AT SPEED in a GT4 with a PRO DRIVER (so did hubby). All I can say is

OOOMMMGGG - FABULOUS. This guy could DRIVE and the car was amazing. When hubby was in the car they got passed by a 991 GT3 and then he was on a mission to catch it. We were in 3 pt belts (he hadn't fit the car yet with cage/harness. Hubby said it was an amazing ride and he kept catching the GT3 in the corners but on the banking and straighter sections it would pull away.

This pro driver has a company near Daytona. He primarily did engine swaps from 987 Caymans (like mine) and replaced the 3.4 flat six with a 3.8 (just like the GT4). He would tune them into track beasts. That business has dropped off - but now he is busy taking the 3.8 and making it a 4.0 liter and doing a power tune that puts it a lot closer to a GT3. In that case, on some tracks with lots of corners and fewer, shorter straights - the GT4 could very well be faster than a GT3 (cool thought) because of the mid engine balance.

Looking forward to seeing it all play out, and hearing what you think about it!! I take full responsibilty for your predicament :eek3dance:

VERY happy for you!!!

So will your gt4 arrive before your SV? If so I hope the SV won't feel like a big pig once you are used to driving the little nimble gt4.

Yes GT4 will arrive months before, I will make a decision on the SV after the arrival of the Huracan Superleggera but that could be years away and in the mean time I will have some fun with the SV.

I don't need more than one exotic car at once, not enough time or opportunities to enjoy them and I am not a collector, if the H SL will appeal to me more I will let the SV go.

The GT4 I don't mind having as a track toy, I was always on the look out for a lightweight track toy just for a bit of fun, the GT4 can be it.

I have been reading every bit of info possible about owners' track experiences, especially those who moved from the Cayman R to the GT4.

I'm very nervous about giving up the Cayman R, and ultimately I may not. Most reviews of the GT4 are very positive, and of course it depends on what you want and how you'll use the car. For some, the steering feedback and small, light, nimble feel of the Cayman R is lost when moving to the larger GT4. It has plenty more power, that's obvious - but several have written about a somewhat dead spot in the middle of the power band which would be a bit frustrating. I'll have to experience it for myself to know if it's for me (on the track). Even if it turns out to be a street car - I know it's a fabulous car on many levels. I'm just not sure if I want to give up the light nimble feel of the cayman R which is so "flickable". I might be able to get there in the GT4 given some time, but it took me 3 seasons to get there in the R - and just at the point I'm having a blast since I know the car so very well - I'm now thinking of changing yet again.

Of course there will be similarities with the mid engine and rear wheel drive, and I gotta say that shift feel may be enough to change cars on its own (it's THAT good IMO).

I plan to take our yellow GT4 for an early season track day if I get lucky with the weather. It comes out of storage April 15, and there's a track day April 16 at my local track. I'll take it out for enough sessions to give it a try, and I may try to have the Cayman R there so I can drive for a side by side comparison.

Some folks have cautioned me not to sell the R because they miss their R. Others say once you drive a GT4 you never look back. Everyone is so different I know I'm the only one who can figure out what will make ME happy on the track. I'm not motivated by trying to be the fastest - I know that'll never be me. I love being able to slide the car and know just where the edge is - and it has taken a while to get to that point and I'm not eager to start all over again. I'm also a bit nervous tracking a car at the value of the GT4. The R is no slouch but it's less than the GT4. We get insurance so it's a bit of a "non-issue" but somehow it would feel worse for something to happen to the GT4. Not sure why - I guess cause it's worth quite a bit more and it's new.

I'll have to spec and lock my build before I know my preference for track. Our plan is to keep the yellow car for street if I love the GT4 for track, and we'll make the gray GT4 a track-mobile with cage, etc., and sell the R. If I don't love the GT4 on track we may sell the yellow one and keep the gray one for street, and I'll keep the R for track (I'm not a fan of the yellow).

All "first world" problems to have and I'm a very lucky girl to be in this dilemma.

Did I mention I was at Daytona a couple weeks ago and got a ride AT SPEED in a GT4 with a PRO DRIVER (so did hubby). All I can say is

OOOMMMGGG - FABULOUS. This guy could DRIVE and the car was amazing. When hubby was in the car they got passed by a 991 GT3 and then he was on a mission to catch it. We were in 3 pt belts (he hadn't fit the car yet with cage/harness. Hubby said it was an amazing ride and he kept catching the GT3 in the corners but on the banking and straighter sections it would pull away.

This pro driver has a company near Daytona. He primarily did engine swaps from 987 Caymans (like mine) and replaced the 3.4 flat six with a 3.8 (just like the GT4). He would tune them into track beasts. That business has dropped off - but now he is busy taking the 3.8 and making it a 4.0 liter and doing a power tune that puts it a lot closer to a GT3. In that case, on some tracks with lots of corners and fewer, shorter straights - the GT4 could very well be faster than a GT3 (cool thought) because of the mid engine balance.

Looking forward to seeing it all play out, and hearing what you think about it!! I take full responsibilty for your predicament :eek3dance:

VERY happy for you!!!

Cake thank you so much, as I said you are responsible for this LOL and I would like to thank you for it, I am very excited to get the car and after your recommendations I ended up spending countless hours reading on it and realised just how lucky I am to be able to get one at all! I had no idea how sought after the car is until I started looking into it.

I was damn lucky to walk into that dealership that day! :shock:

Thank you once again :icon_thumleft:

Please check your PM.

Well now that looks like fun.

Congrats! The GT4 is a hell of a car, very unique. It's raw and sharp, the perfect drivers car.

We're about to finish a 400whp+ bolt on package if you're interested in learning more. :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you, I am really looking forward to getting this car.

400 whp + that sounds impressive, I am not into modding my cars but that package sound interesting, looking forward to learning more.

I want to know which garage you'll keep it in :D

Unfortunately for the GT4 it will have to live outside the main house garage in the third available spot with the rest of the Germans :icon_mrgreen:

PERFECT SPEC! WOWW.... congratulations. i'm very jealous! can't wait to see the real deal!

Thank you my friend, in a very strange way the car reminds me of the blue FD3S I had in my Fast and Furious days :icon_mrgreen:

Unfortunately for the GT4 it will have to live outside the main house garage in the third available spot with the rest of the Germans :icon_mrgreen:

From the photos of your house....

I'm guessing your "worst" garage parking space is still more deluxe than most, and certainly befitting a GT4!