Blue Diablo with 6.0 Wheels on ebay- WHO WanTS TO HEAR A STORY???

kmb58

First of all- I'll start off by saying that I generally have faith in people. People can be good, reasonable, sensible, generous, respectable etc.. This guy selling that car- Wholey shyte.. what a piece of garbage.

This all started because I had a hunch that the wheels pictured on his car may have been MY OLD WHEELS- that I restored back in 2003. I had this hunch because they looked to be slightly darker silver and because the wheels I sold went to a guy in Toronto and this car- was at one point being sold out of Toronto.

Ill place the auction here- but because I am clever- I'll also put a pic as eventually this will no longer be view-able.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Lamborghini-D...=true&rt=nc

So I wrote the guy- this was at beginning of February, or maybe it was the end of January. I could go through the history, I have all of the conversation saved. I basically said "hey, that car is great but people generally go for original examples, and while I like it- I bet it might do better with the original wheels". I went on to explain what I mentioned above, about how those could possibly be my old wheels and how I would love a crack at buying them back.

So some conversation and negotiation later and we agreed upon a sale price of $5400USD shipped for the set, without tires. I thought this was a fair price for a set of used wheels, and when all is said and done, similar to what I sold my old wheels set for, with tires.

We ended up using my mothers account to take advantage of a credit card with a higher allowable, as well as added purchase protection. You know, because I also know to not just shell out cash for such a thing and because I could then have a few weeks to get the funds together. As you can see- I was very careful, as always to NOT send as a friend and to be VERY DESCRIPTIVE with the note pointing to the ebay auction where the wheels were viewed, auction number, VIN of the car listed in the auction. Very specific. Why was I so careful? So pro active in knowing that this has a high potential for going wrong? Because if you read THIS thread, you can see what a scumbag this guy appears to be. Not without a good deal of research and planning, would I be so quick to send off $5400 to some yahoo in another country.

<a href="http://www.another board/vbforum/f45/diablo-sale-ontario-give-me-freakin-break-139593/" target="_blank">http://www.another board/vbforum/f4...n-break-139593/</a>

SO- money sent. Let the games begin.

Somewhere in our conversations, I made it clear that I would liked to have pictures of the wheels off the car and without tires, a proper bill of sale etc..

I was adamant about this bill of sale because with any assembled/restored car- in NYS it will be an uphill battle. I need to prove the origin of very major piece of the car. I was specific in the email that I needed the VIN and an accurate description.

This is what he sends. Not. Quite. What. I. Asked. For.

So when i saw that- I became alarmed. I mean, sort of vague, not as clear as I need for NYS.. and I called him on it. I explained again that I needed to see the vin, a statement that you currently own the car and are selling me the wheels etc. I never really received any answer speaking to this at that time. Because I cannot just get things out of my mind, I immediately started thinking of all of the possible outcomes- first being that he could potentially have a set of the crappy aluminum replica wheels sitting at his shop, planning on tossing them in a box and washing his hands. Would a person really do that? I mean, I know there are scummy people out there but really?

Mind you- the wheels I had asked to ship, and for images of broken down- have still not shipped- a week later. He cited weather making it impossible to move the car. I thought this was hollow because even if it was snowed in, sitting in a garage- one could simply jack the car and swap the wheels out.

Lack of communication forced me to send an email through the website that claims to own the car. I had the thought that maybe some douchey employee was running the auction, took my money on the side.. etc...

their website- by the way

http://www.jiffycarsales.com/

The response I get to my POLITE message--youll have to read it bottom to top

So- that escalated. Claiming harassment, claiming waiting until the auction ends- which was NEVER discussed or agreed upon and also claiming 30 day ship time. ALSO- never discussed or agreed upon.

My polite, classy response which states- send a refund if you don't like the terms we have agreed to.

So fast forward through another week or two- where I actually had our friend Diabolz try to back door a deal to see what this guy was doing (Thank you Brian) and OH he was willing to talk, as I suspected. But nothing came of it....

we ended up with some rather aggressive back and forth after I said enough was enough.

SO- Basically- I filed a claim with PayPal. They gave this character until 2/27 to get the wheels to me or a refund would be issued. The wheels were shown as shipped on I think it was the 20th? 22nd? I don't recall. They were due to show up Thursday at 10:30am and I made arrangements for someone to be there to accept them. MAINLY because I suspected that this guy would try to pull some shyte. Thursday morning comes and the fedex tracking states "pending" rather than 10:30am. What the heck is this? Just my luck.

Fedex never calls, doesn't provide any info. I was kind of annoyed and ended up calling them three different times to eventually be told that it was freezing rain that delayed them. Why me. (must have been a guardian angel)

Okay- they will show up Friday. Friday comes, now its says Customs delay. Because the clown didn't include an invoice, they were held up at my hub. (Again, guardian angel). I scrambled to get them the pathetic bill of sale that was previously sent, filled out some paperwork and emailed it off to Ms. Jessy Mays at FedEx who informs me that "they would be released later today (Friday 2/26) and delivered Monday". This was not super ideal considering the paypal claim's ultimatum date of 2/27. I was able to talk them into diverting the packages to the hub's counter so that I could pick them up TODAY (2/27) first thing. She said "it might not go through" but we can try. Later last night, while I was at my 9yr old daughter's "Loved one's dance" I got a call from Local FED EX who stated that they recieved the request and their eyes are open... and that I would get an email if they make it to their desk. HOW NICE!

OH I was very excited this morning to see that email. I got up, had some breakfast with the wife and kids and was out the door.

NOW- I am a pretty cautious guy. When I saw the duct tape packaging, I was immediately on guard for damage but the more I looked, these just don't look right. THey don't look like the massive 18"x13" wheels that I once had.... I was able to talk the nice person who works at FedEx into letting me slice the take and l

This is a real thing

Reported to his local Sault Ste. Marie Police.

Shockinly- the officer (who was very polite/professional) knows exactly who I am dealing with.

Why me.

So you did research and saw he was a scumbag and then sent the money? I am confused

Bahh.. cmon, don't play it like that. This is why we have "buyer protection" with paypal and credit cards and such.

That buyer protection crap is a huge pain in the ass and how many stories have you heard about people being screwed by PayPal et all? You knew upfront something was wrong and you should have trusted your gut. I hope you get this resolved but you shouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

That buyer protection crap is a huge pain in the ass and how many stories have you heard about people being screwed by PayPal et all? You knew upfront something was wrong and you should have trusted your gut. I hope you get this resolved but you shouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

Fair enough, I do understand your points and appreciate your well wishes. And yes, people have been screwed by paypal- but I think I was clear enough and careful in all communications...

Call me crazy though- I like to think that people are generally good and that you get back what you give out. Discover has already said that we just have to give them proof of return for a full reversal. Unfortunately, and the SSM PD agrees, I just don't feel that I should have to shell out money to send these back. They're not "not as described".. this is blatant fraud.

Justice would be their local PD going over and confiscating my wheels, impounding the car etc.. I am not sure how the law would work in this case.

Was it worth the headache? Ill let you know soon.

I HATE buying things online, it happened to me twice on LP actually LOL, lost money every time, glass bonnet for my 04 Gallardo which was fully stripped by the vendor prior sending it out I ended up giving it away, burnt $5k, second time I bought shocks absorbers for my Superlegerra, the vendor showed me photos of a different model ( with lift system) sent me the cheaper non lift version, ended up taking it off the car and giving it away with the car when I sold it because I hate having junk lingering around, can't remember how much it was I am guessing $4k to $5k again.

When you deal online you take your chances, your biggest mistake is to assume that everyone is a genuine and as honest as you are LOL.

Good luck!

I HATE buying things online, it happened to me twice on LP actually LOL, lost money every time, glass bonnet for my 04 Gallardo which was fully stripped by the vendor prior sending it out I ended up giving it away, burnt $5k, second time I bought shocks absorbers for my Superlegerra, the vendor showed me photos of a different model ( with lift system) sent me the cheaper non lift version, ended up taking it off the car and giving it away with the car when I sold it because I hate having junk lingering around, can't remember how much it was I am guessing $4k to $5k again.

When you deal online you take your chances, your biggest mistake is to assume that everyone is a genuine and as honest as you are LOL.

Good luck!

Cheers to that. This world is unreal.

did you use a credit card on these or did you just cut a check, pay from paypal balance etc.?

If you don't feel real warm and fuzzy from the get go don't do the deal.

I understand your wanting to believe that people are generally good but I have been let down so many times in my life that I am now jaded.

If you don't feel real warm and fuzzy from the get go don't do the deal.

I understand your wanting to believe that people are generally good but I have been let down so many times in my life that I am now jaded.

Yah- I do get that. BUT- we all have to have a little faith in people at some point. I mean deals are done every day and some are worth a little risk. The way we see it (wife is an Attorney) is that the guy runs an exotic car dealership. One should be able to have SOME level of confidence when dealing with an established business, using a credit card etc.. I guess its just another example of how disgusting people can actually be. Sad. Just- sad.

That sucks

You always get what you deserve

thanks for the kind words..

you'd (and i) like to think that holds true, but how does that explain why I deserved this? (haha) Sigh.

It's easy to get excited and caught up in a deal but as soon as a deal sounds fishy, swim away. When it comes to money even decent people can change.

It's easy to get excited and caught up in a deal but as soon as a deal sounds fishy, swim away. When it comes to money even decent people can change.

Agreed. And when it did begin to get stupid, i did ask for a refund.. at that point it would have been no harm, no foul.. just a little annoying..

. I am still in awe over this.. seriously hoping the PD confiscates the wheels and car... forces hi. to send them..

Cheers to that. This world is unreal.

did you use a credit card on these or did you just cut a check, pay from paypal balance etc.?

1st instance I transferred funds, 2nd I gave cash to a friend with a PayPal account to transfer funds on my behalf, I'd never open a PayPal account again.

In both instances the goods arrived but they were misrepresented, I couldn't be bothered dealing with it, learned my lesson and moved on.

That scummbag clearly robbed you! I feel sorry for you, I hope you will get your money back.

thanks for the kind words..

you'd (and i) like to think that holds true, but how does that explain why I deserved this? (haha) Sigh.

haha only you can understand why this happened to you

haha only you can understand why this happened to you

ouch... haha.

I asked Roman to help me edit some photos- he ended up removing them all. I can add them again in the post below but had the thought to send them all in PM to him to see if he wouldn't mind dropping the corrected photos in. Basically just edited out an address.

ouch... haha.

I asked Roman to help me edit some photos- he ended up removing them all. I can add them again in the post below but had the thought to send them all in PM to him to see if he wouldn't mind dropping the corrected photos in. Basically just edited out an address.

You're kidding... right????

Its 14 photos dude... Just post them below... People can figure it out.

You're kidding... right????

Its 14 photos dude... Just post them below... People can figure it out.

No- I get that, I didn't mean in "their correct places". I just meant at the bottom of the post so that it wasn't confusing.

sorry about the discontinuity.

i-x2VqHbx-L.png

i-BHDZcWB-M.png

<a href="http://www.another board/vbforum/f45/diablo-sale-ontario-give-me-freakin-break-139593/" target="_blank">http://www.another board/vbforum/f4...n-break-139593/</a>

i-GkBf2KH.png

i-Q6qZf4M-L.png

i-zpZS74w-L.png

i-vPSr4qJ-L.png

i-QzD7jJf-L.png

i-GsPscZc-L.png

i-72w2w9X-L.jpg

i-mjhpfJC-L.jpg

i-k4PzH5W-L.jpg

This is a real thing

i-69pL6dd-L.jpg

i-dnbX2Td-L.jpg

i-dGCh9f5-L.jpg

So how much will you sell the Diabro wheels for?

I don't follow? I am looking for diablo wheels.. not selling..