Looking for decent earbuds

BLK85

So I need new ear buds. I've asked on Facebook and I got a good response, One response(member here) is good which Im leaning towards(Shure SE112). I am just looking for more options.

I have some cheaper ones now, The Skull Candy, I've bought about 4 pairs now. Its time for a new brand, they seem to last 6 months or less. I plug in and unplug them a lot(computer to phone/tablet), I think that is my point of fail.

Looking for suggestions sub $200 for sure preferably around the $100 or less range. As long as they are quality I will consider them all, as long as they arent more than 200.

Ear buds are a hard one top find/pick. The last pair I bought and loved (then lost) AiAiAi they cost about 150 at the time.... but AiAiAi stop making high end earbuds. Bose I would go with.

I would find a palce in SD that you can go and talk to them, cause ears are all different and the buds/fit and sound different.

Eff skull candy they are a terrible company. Good lucxk on your search!

Funny story about how I might have discovered hi-fi, which is related to the OP.

Many moons ago back in high school I had cheap head phones and were ok with the sound. But they broke and other cheap replacements broke too. This was getting to be very annoying.

So the logic of getting something decent was hinged sadly more on something more bulletproof than maybe sounding nice, but of course I would appreciate the latter too.

I picked up the old Sony MDR-V200 headphones for $49 plus tax and never looked back in many ways.

Those, the Sony MDR-V6, the Shure SRH-440, Audio Technica ATH-M30, Shure SE115 earphones....all the portables I've ever owned and the one thing in common with them all is they never ever broke. I think it's possible of course if you really try, but even moments of "Oh s***", definitely would break, they didn't. Any time there is a bias towards one side, it's always the connection point, not the cables.

Cheap headphones have to be treated like kid gloves over a lifetime to be able to do that.

Those, the Sony MDR-V6, the Shure SRH-440, Audio Technica ATH-M30, Shure SE115 earphones....all the portables I've ever owned and the one thing in common with them all is they never ever broke. I think it's possible of course if you really try, but even moments of "Oh s***", definitely would break, they didn't. Any time there is a bias towards one side, it's always the connection point, not the cables.

I hope they hold up. Maybe Ill get more into sound after this. I bought the Shure SE112 and they come tomorrow. I love Amazon Prime.

Sub $100 I found the Klipsch S4 to be great, I think you can pick up a pair for around $50 now..

+1 I'm a huge fan of Klipsch. I think the new version is called the R6. Regardless, they sound great. If you can, spring for the reference series. The cables are upgraded, more durable. I use their reference headphones because they have a detachable cord. Most of the time, the cord goes before the speakers, so when the cord goes, I just buy a new one. Have had them for years.

Grado iGi or iGe.

Grado is kind of an oddball. Their low-end and highest-end earbuds/headphones sound great but their mid-end ones are comparatively less in sound quality. You get what you pay for though. The iGi/iGe are not exactly robustly built but sound per dollar, they sound very good. They do have their own tonal signature which you have to audition to find out whether or not that is your cup of tea.

If you like the Shure's thicker-than-proper-but-pleasant-sounding midrange tonal signature, go one step up from the SE112 and go for the SE215 instead. The leap from the 112 to the 215 in sound quality is far greater than say the 215 to the 315 or even the 425. And they are also fairly tough in build-quality.

If you like the Shure's thicker-than-proper-but-pleasant-sounding midrange tonal signature, go one step up from the SE112 and go for the SE215 instead. The leap from the 112 to the 215 in sound quality is far greater than say the 215 to the 315 or even the 425. And they are also fairly tough in build-quality.

Thanks I will consider it after I get them and try them out. Im pretty excited about them on how Fellipe talked them up to me. I almost bought Beats before he told me his opinion.

who cares if they break. Have had mine for 2 years already.

I do. Spend $20 on the ones I have bought before and they fail after 6 months. $50+ Im already at what good ones cost.

I bought the Seenheiser i80 headphone EricLV mentioned ( the cheaper $300 version). Not a fan, had a problem finding the right earpiece setting they kept falling out. They are sitting in a drawer somewhere. I bought these amazon ones (bluetooth, wireless) absolutely love them. They sound good and the battery last along time. The hooks they provide fit perfectly in my ear.

I tried several time to mix and match the ear buds on the $300 set, but fuckers kept falling out even when sitting.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00STP86H...arch_detailpage

10,000 reviews mostly positive. At that price you wont get upset if you loose a set.

Please do not buy beats or skull candy.

http://www.geek.com/news/one-gross-trick-t...chines-1625800/

For 200$ price you get 7$ worth of packaging materials, 7$ worth of mechanical structure, and only 1-2$ worth of actual transducers.

Markups with many company are huge, but those might be worst.

I only use huge over ear headphones, so zero references from me.

I bought the Seenheiser i80 headphone EricLV mentioned ( the cheaper $300 version). Not a fan, had a problem finding the right earpiece setting they kept falling out. They are sitting in a drawer somewhere. I bought these amazon ones (bluetooth, wireless) absolutely love them. They sound good and the battery last along time. The hooks they provide fit perfectly in my ear.

I tried several time to mix and match the ear buds on the $300 set, but fuckers kept falling out even when sitting.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00STP86H...arch_detailpage

10,000 reviews mostly positive. At that price you wont get upset if you loose a set.

Well I didn't need any headphones but read what you said, looked at the reviews, and always wanted some wireless buds so I just ordered a pair. $22 why not...