Diablo difference 91 to 94

citrus

Hello everyone looking for people's experiences with respect to the differences regarding a 91 vs a 94. For example how does the 94 car feel improved with respect to the clutch , pwr steer , bigger brakes , controlled suspension. Looking at the 94 or 95 Diablo primarily because of price . Preferable newer models are very expensive. I have been looking for an early model mucielago 6speed however prices and availability seem to all be going north . Thanks for everyone's time.

Hello everyone looking for people's experiences with respect to the differences regarding a 91 vs a 94. For example how does the 94 car feel improved with respect to the clutch , pwr steer , bigger brakes , controlled suspension. Looking at the 94 or 95 Diablo primarily because of price . Preferable newer models are very expensive. I have been looking for an early model mucielago 6speed however prices and availability seem to all be going north . Thanks for everyone's time.

'94 had power steering, all wheel drive, revised dash....probably other changes over '91-'93.

'94 had power steering, all wheel drive, revised dash....probably other changes over '91-'93.

Bigger brakes...Personally id rather have an earlier pre VT

Bigger brakes...Personally id rather have an earlier pre VT

Agreed.

If you can find one of the 12 '96 2WD models (assuming you're US based) that's the best of both worlds. I think those are commanding strong money now too though, and are of course hard to find...

Agreed.

If you can find one of the 12 '96 2WD models (assuming you're US based) that's the best of both worlds. I think those are commanding strong money now too though, and are of course hard to find...

The 96 model prices are in the high 200 category which puts me in the best model 2001 category . ( of course these are just advertised dealer prices not sale prices ) I was really looking for any input with respect to drivability regarding earlier vs later models. Thanks

Agreed.

But are they any different/better than the '91s besides being 5 years newer?

Curious about interior, brakes, etc.

I just saw a black '91 on youtube that has a fresh paint job, SV wheels (polished or chrome)....it looks really, really good.

But are they any different/better than the '91s besides being 5 years newer?

Curious about interior, brakes, etc.

I just saw a black '91 on youtube that has a fresh paint job, SV wheels (polished or chrome)....it looks really, really good.

'96 2WD is the exact same as a VT ("better" brakes, power steering, smaller gauge pod, etc.) save for being RWD.

'96 2WD is the exact same as a VT ("better" brakes, power steering, smaller gauge pod, etc.) save for being RWD.

Power steering eh?

Might as well just get an SV then. :icon_thumleft:

Now you keep the unassisted steering, and give me the better brakes and smaller gauge pod and you have a serious diamond in the rough.

Honestly, I've seen 91/92s come up for sale with smaller gauge pod swaps. Upgrading the brakes wouldn't be a big deal....Brembo even still offers a compete kit available new!

Yes just get brembo bbk, it is the same unit as the ones for murci I believe. 6 pot front and 4 rear.

The later murci uses gallardo brakes. I wonder if g brakes fit early Diablo. Probly not.

Yes, you can get the Brembo kits which bolt on, but you have to upgrade the wheels to 18"

To keep the stock 17", you need to get Brembo to make you a custom job, which has been quoted at $3k per corner.

Yes, you can get the Brembo kits which bolt on, but you have to upgrade the wheels to 18"

To keep the stock 17", you need to get Brembo to make you a custom job, which has been quoted at $3k per corner.

Prefer the 18" wheels, but nice to know that those that prefer stock have an option.

Are these Brembo brakes essentially as good as that on the SV and GT cars?

Prefer the 18" wheels, but nice to know that those that prefer stock have an option.

Are these Brembo brakes essentially as good as that on the SV and GT cars?

Better in terms of size and fade resisterance...slightly worse in terms of pedal feel (longer travel)

My VT clutch is just as firm as a 91/92 car, which is to say it's a pretty strong push that a lot of folks find unnatural. '95 got a 12" disc vs. the '94's 10" disc. The center console is also reorganized in the VT. VT has the finished carbon fiber engine bay walls and VT badge. IIRC the larger Brembo brakes were at first an option, but almost every new owner opted for them.

You can convert any VT to 2WD very easily and it is fully reversible. Then you get the small dash pod, bigger brakes, lower weight, reduced clutch stress, and 2WD aggression. The flip side is rear tire wear, and losing the personality of the [partial] AWD if you like that. The VT as AWD is slower in the 1/4 mile than 2WD, but any 2WD Diablo is more of an animal that needs your skill to manage so you might end up slower if you let it step out of line too much. However, AWD at this stage in Lambo evolution wasn't anywhere near as high tech as it is today. It's actually pretty primitive, and not wholly active for much of what constitutes normal driving as power is divided, heavily biased in favor of the rear wheels. Yet it does feel slightly more refined as AWD and the rear end is noticeably more controllable than it is in a 2WD configuration. I'm currently in 2WD configuration.

try to find a 2wd with the later engine

i mean the ones with the double drive chains

they are as reliable as a VT and still 2wd pure wild cars

best of the best and rare cars

one day worth something imo

Thanks again especially the response with respect to braking on the VT models. I have noticed two 1996 cars for sale one is 298 and the other is over 300k which seems unrealistic when a low mileage 2001 is in the same price range. Hmmmmm I'm late to the Diablo table !

Thanks again especially the response with respect to braking on the VT models. I have noticed two 1996 cars for sale one is 298 and the other is over 300k which seems unrealistic when a low mileage 2001 is in the same price range. Hmmmmm I'm late to the Diablo table !

two years late

the early cars are the easiest to work on and rarely break down

Anybody have an idea of a fair market price for a 94 or 95 VT Diablo low miles 11000 to 17000 mileage car. Predictions of future prices lol

I'll hazard a guess thinking 85-100k for a car with "high" miles depending on condition (higher mileage than your range). Up near 130k for some of the cleanest examples below your mileage range, but I could be wrong as the market keeps moving to the right and I don't sell cars for a living. But whatever the top end is, I don't see it happening for a lot of cars for what they're listed. The $220k 94 VT on eBay is well into fantasy land (seller has several cars with crack smokin' prices). With prices on the rise, a lot of sellers are probably a little too optimistic for now. They need to wait until the 90's kids hit 40.

• 4 weeks later...

Diffrence between 2wd early model and later 4wd is model year 1992-1993 so called "Ibrid models"

NLA12831 Attleast starts to show parts of new style enginebay, black airfilter boxes.

PLA12853 is my car 2wd car, it's with 4wd body, old high dash interior, but partly 4wd interior due to 4wd body. New style engine look, but engine bay is 2wd.

PLA12861 is new 4wd body, new low dash interior, 2wd car with new upgraded engine

If anyone has car close to these chassi numbers, please take photos from your car and post them here, it will be very helpfull.

I haven't open my engine yet so much that I could say if I got uprated chains or not.

Next you would ask; what is diffrence between 2wd body and 4wd body? see pictures.

post-7319-1461485813.jpg

post-7319-1461485829.jpg