8 year service? What is it?

Livethedream

Dealer is saying Gallardo is due for its 8 year service? What is this and what all is checked/replaced, etc? They are quoting around $5,000. Does this seem right?

Dealer is saying Gallardo is due for its 8 year service? What is this and what all is checked/replaced, etc? They are quoting around $5,000. Does this seem right?

no

No such thing as 8 years service

Check your manual for service interval against your mileage.

Most likely, you need plugs, brake fluid, engine oil, coolant flush, trans fluid, cabin filter, air filter and an inspection. This would run you $3-4K

Their rent payment must be due :icon_mrgreen:

Did I miss your new car thread?

What did you get?

Congrats!!!! Looking forward to seeing it at CnC

Just follow what's in your manual. Oil, coolant and brake fluid deteriorate with age but it's not 8 years. Belts and hoses just need inspection regularly. I'd follow the manual

Seems like the dealer is taking you for a ride. Agree with what everyone had said: refer to the owner's manual and it should depict what needs to be done.

They do have a sheet that shows service items in terms of years, it goes 1-11 across the top axis and then down the left axis are the items. I'll snap a pic and upload it in a little while.

2277_001_Page_1.jpg

2277_001_Page_2.jpg

They do have a sheet that shows service items in terms of years, it goes 1-11 across the top axis and then down the left axis are the items. I'll snap a pic and upload it in a little while.

Interesting. Going by either the years or the mileage in this chart the service shouldn't be over $2,000. I'm calling BS.

Just FYI I just had the 5 year service and brake flush, coolant flush, injector flush, differential, etc done on my 2011 LP570 and here's what it cost:

5 year service

$1699.90 [Labor]

$1430.60 [Parts: O ring, washer, oil filter, 20w50, filter elements, gear oil, brake fluid, coolant]

=$3130.50 Total

I dropped my car off a couple weeks ago to get an oil change. Dealer called me after drop off and and said it needed a "2 year service". Costed $3000. I wanted to check the service schedule in the manuals, but the manuals were all in the car. So I just told him to go ahead.

Is the consensus that service is due by mileage versus time-based?

You don't need injector service.mflid change should be 3 hrs. $1700 for labor is excessive.

I just wanted to do everything because I was getting the car ready to sell, and I switch between MS109 and 93 Octane so I figured why not.

I dropped my car off a couple weeks ago to get an oil change. Dealer called me after drop off and and said it needed a "2 year service". Costed $3000. I wanted to check the service schedule in the manuals, but the manuals were all in the car. So I just told him to go ahead.

Is the consensus that service is due by mileage versus time-based?

This is my 2nd gallardo and I've always done an oil change once a year regardless of mileage. But otherwise yes I think be guided by mileage or error codes. ;)

Brake fluid is every year or two. That is the most neglected fluid.

Engine oil can last two years easily. Definitely a year for sure.

Coolant is somewhat subjective. I recommend every 5 years and 7 max.

Gear and trans fluid are not subject to time. A lot of shops push for this as part of annual service and just pocket the money because you don't really have a way to check.