Escalade leasing?

Luxeous

With our first child on the way, we're thinking about leasing a new escalade. Cadillac is offering what seems to be a great special on them right now - $799 a month, 10k miles a year for 36 months. This is with $6,679 down.

I've read you can put down multiple security deposits to lower the money factor. I've also read I do not want to put anything down if possible.

This lease special is for a 77k msrp Luxury edition, we want to get the Premium which has an msrp of $81,500 and invoice of $78k. I also qualify for this thing called Cadillac Conquest cash which is a $3,000 discount as we have a competing brand already in our home.

With all of this, do you guys think I can realistically get the car for $75k i.e. Less than the $799 lease special? I have never leased a car before, looking for pointers on how to make it a solid deal.

Platinum edition with massage seats or gtfo.

Realistically though get the money factor as low as possible. That opposes the normal view of putting zero down unless the deposits are refundable. If you plan on keeping it only three years, lease it under your Corp.

I just purchased a '16 with the new pearl white a few months back. I didn't go with the platinum, didn't see the value there.

I also thought about leasing but I prefer to own and not be stuck with it for 3 years if I didn't like it, also 10k a year is low for these trucks.

Thanks guys. Is there any way to find out the MF on the car before going in to negotiate? I want to make sure I have everything in line.

Thanks guys. Is there any way to find out the MF on the car before going in to negotiate? I want to make sure I have everything in line.

Ask them? They should be willing to disclose it pretty easily, it's generally set by caddy no?

Maybe online but the MF can change with better credit scores and certain promotions. To calculate the apr multiply the MF by 2400.

The trick to a lease is low money factor plus cap cost reduction. Lease residuals are calculated on MSRP. So if you get the number down off the Msrp and keep a low MF you're golden.

For example a 100k Msrp with a 50% residual that you negotiate to 75mm then you basically pay 25k over three years times the apr (that's overly simplified but it's the gist.)

Also, use two or three dealers against each other. All of this can be done by emails with a little effort. Even if you have to go with a dealer or two that are a couple hundred miles away. Escalade are common enough they'll get aggressive to earn your business!

multiple security deposits are 100% refundable.........but not accepted in all states, so you need to double check that. Try not to put money down, reason being if you total the car the minute you leave the dealership, you lose that money. In the end the "over all" cost math works out to be about the same whether you do a down payment or not.

check the cadillac forums for the MF, im sure someone there will know.

FYI that $3k conquest cash is money in the dealerships pocket.....so dont let them tell you "we're losing money on this deal"....right away they're pocketing $3k. Any manufacture incentives or rebates are offered from the manufacture and dont impact the dealerships profit.