The Lineup: TI Monsters

Speed Syndicate

And to think... UGR cars still don't just dump the exhaust out some random hole in the car. We still run gasoline. We still have full interiors. We still have AC. No fuel cell. No plexi-glass. OEM or upgraded stock brakes.

They look stock to 98% of people.

And they win....

Mike

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to think... UGR cars still don't just dump the exhaust out some random hole in the car. We still run gasoline. We still have full interiors. We still have AC. No fuel cell. No plexi-glass. OEM or upgraded stock brakes.

And they win....

Mike

:iamwithstupid: -1 for leaving off no fat sidewall tires out back though. :icon_mrgreen:

And they win....

Mike

Hi Mike,

....and you can drive across the usa and back with full confidence you will have no worries and car will run like oem :)

cheers,

john

as stated earlier my Viper will be out there...cutting it close but its coming along nice! Spring TI will be sick.. Way to many cars making over 2000whp, def. a TI to watch!

Awesome! Are you going to be there driving it? Looking forward to watching it run....

........buddy of mine with a DP car said they are on meth and 80mm+ turbos........ so now GTR and some gallardos on meth...they all have to run meth to keep up with ugr.. whats ugr gonna do be the question...? TI is turning in to race car event.... so sad

........buddy of mine with a DP car said they are on meth and 80mm+ turbos........ so now GTR and some gallardos on meth...they all have to run meth to keep up with ugr.. whats ugr gonna do be the question...? TI is turning in to race car event.... so sad

Wow really ?

It's amazing what these guys do to their cars to keep up with UGR lol

Well there's always 90 and 100mm! Hah!

Anyone know what size turbos a UGR 2R or X run?

If my memory serves me right...

2R = 72mm

X = 76mm

so race gas = street car and meth = race car? maybe everyone should be forced to run 93oct supplied by the host to ensure total parity.

so race gas = street car and meth = race car? maybe everyone should be forced to run 93oct supplied by the host to ensure total parity.

Even in drag racing Alcohol is a completely different class compared to gasoline.

What is next, start mixing in 10% Nitro?

....mama read between the lines sum... running 5 gallon fuel cell and belt driven pumps.. exhaust pipes out the hood or fenders.... turbos stuck in bumper with no way to add filter because it will eat a rock...big race 15 inch wrinkle wall radial tires.... those are not street cars my friend.. use some sense before you posts.........

I really don't care what the competition brings out, I hope they bring their best and I hope they are all there. I hope everyone has a safe event as well. As far as the race car aspect of it, consider this. If they didn't do what they did, if they showed up on the same tires as we run and gasoline, there wouldn't be much competition and the event would suck. So I say let them bring whatever they want. Win or loose, I can guarantee they will get our best shot.

Only two other tuners besides Underground Racing have won King of the Streets event, LMR and A`M`S. These TI events are not easy to win, we feel very fortunate to have won 6 of them. There is a lot more to winning than having the most power. I expect T1, A'M'S and the other Lambo tuners to be very tough competition. It will be anyone's race.

Even in drag racing Alcohol is a completely different class compared to gasoline.

What is next, start mixing in 10% Nitro?

ii couldn't tell you what's next, but i suppose whatever the race organizer is willing to allow. it's just that we're talking many different shades of grey, and folks here all have opinions about where the cutoff between white and black is. first it was the argument that R888s are street tires, but drag radials are not. then it's shop car vs. customer car (that some customers don't even drive). now it's how someone mounts their turbos and/or exhaust b/c of physical constraints. folks need to just show up, race and shake hands afterwards. let the organizers set the rules without the competitors trying to define classes within a class that has few limitations.

I really don't care what the competition brings out, I hope they bring their best and I hope they are all there. I hope everyone has a safe event as well. As far as the race car aspect of it, consider this. If they didn't do what they did, if they showed up on the same tires as we run and gasoline, there wouldn't be much competition and the event would suck. So I say let them bring whatever they want. Win or loose, I can guarantee they will get our best shot.

i commend UGR's ability to run streetable cars and win a lot of these races. i also know that when push comes to shove, you guys will take measures as necessary to win the races. that's why i don't think it's fair for folks here to use the latest UGR creation as the definition of "street," and anything beyond that "not street."

i commend UGR's ability to run streetable cars and win a lot of these races. i also know that when push comes to shove, you guys will take measures as necessary to win the races. that's why i don't think it's fair for folks here to use the latest UGR creation as the definition of "street," and anything beyond that "not street."

Like i've told many others, my definition of street car is the 'wife' factor. Will my wife get in it and head out to dinner? Most of these lambos, especially the DCT cars, she wouldn't know it wasn't completely stock.

Something with drag tires, aluminum seats, no a/c, etc.

Look at the drag week cars, they are technically street cars that see nearly 1000 miles of highway use in a week, but it's not exactly a luxurious ride.

People from all sides can say whatever makes them feel better, but as Justice Potter so famously said, I know it when I see it.

Like i've told many others, my definition of street car is the 'wife' factor. Will my wife get in it and head out to dinner? Most of these lambos, especially the DCT cars, she wouldn't know it wasn't completely stock.

i can appreciate that. heck, i'd take a ugr lambo over a t1 gtr 8 days out of the week. but at the end of the day, a race is about getting to the finish line first. "you are only competitive only b/c you converted your gtr into a pure race car" is not a valid argument. however, "i like my car better because i can whoop your ass at the track, then go pick up my wife and take her out to dinner" is a valid argument.

Only two other tuners besides Underground Racing have won King of the Streets event, LMR and A`M`S. These TI events are not easy to win, we feel very fortunate to have won 6 of them. There is a lot more to winning than having the most power. I expect T1, A'M'S and the other Lambo tuners to be very tough competition. It will be anyone's race.

Spoken like a champ. Our sport is lucky to have contenders like you with an insatiable determination to win. The only way to get a taste of what I am talking about is to be at the event when you see all of the rigs lined up, drivers in the grid, and a pair of big power cars ripping down the runway at 200mph+, its just insane. We had an event for the Dallas locals at the airfield last weekend. Cars were trapping 140-160mph mostly. One of the TI monsters went out to make a test hit and the people watching about shit their pants. Photos and videos just don't do it justice. Looking forward to seeing you fight for the 7th win in a few weeks Kevin.

I agree with this, and that was my point too...

Competition is great. And it is amazing that we have come as far as we have, as quick as we have.

We have cars going 21X in what 1300ft now... That was mile territory what... three years ago... half mile territory 2 years ago.

To get in the car and actually use it off the race track, it quite amazing.

Mike

A16 full weight and interior on E98 beat an X version of UG in TX , You can drive a A16 anywhere you want. Lets 's realistic, none of these cars will be used to drive cross country LOL at 16$+ a gallon or meth.. They are weekend bruisers. I doubt anyone daily drivers an X with dog box or A20 everyday.

For a true daily driver ( for me anyways ) i would say A12 power on E85 or UG stage 3 Gallardo. 1200-1300whp. Is a fun daily driver. rest needs to be at Ti or half mile event.

Lambos have a huge advantage over the GTRs. Which we have discussed. Like Kevin said , better to have some kind of competition then Zero. We know the supras have been pushed out.. Vipers are making a come back , but in the end will struggle with RWD. If it were not for the GTRs UG might have stopped at 1R..who knows.

It's not what you bring that matters.... It's what you do with what you bring.....

Almost time to put up or shut up.

For a true daily driver ( for me anyways ) i would say A12 power on E85 or UG stage 3 Gallardo. 1200-1300whp. Is a fun daily driver. rest needs to be at Ti or half mile event.

Hi Vegasgtr,

Agree 100% - UG stage 3 Gallardo is perfect as a daily driver:)

cheers,

john

Very well said .. You changed the whole idea of race cars no more broken cars no more loud noisy cars no more leaky car .. Those lambos you build are just unbelievable 👍👍