First time lambo owner: 08 SL

Torn

Hey guys,

After much lurking and reading up!! I finally bought my first bull. An 08 superleggera! Love this thing so far!! Getting used to the egear as we speak but its becoming more natural! I traded in my 2015 c7 Z. First impressions: while slower then my fbo Z or my old '14 gtr.... Its a different feeling; almost visceral! Looking forward to ownership and hopefully will become a long term bull owner! I attached some pics from my delivery a few days ago!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Congrats, an orange 08SL is a hell of a first bull, it's the perfect Gallardo and perfect color IMO.

Thanks guys! Working on some mods to clean it up! Looking at a LP570 Bumper, RSC SV Wing (I have the small wing), might go with some new shoes (or powdercoat the stockers), and LOC exhaust with fabspeed test pipes.

Can't wait!

Thanks guys! Working on some mods to clean it up! Looking at a LP570 Bumper, RSC SV Wing (I have the small wing), might go with some new shoes (or powdercoat the stockers), and LOC exhaust with fabspeed test pipes.

Can't wait!

Don't mess with the bumper . . . if that is what you really wanted you should have bought an '11 or newer SL. The older look is specific to a single model year and looks great. The stock wheels are great and are also very light - powder coating is a great option. I am not sure if there is a car on this planet that sounds better than an '08 SL with an exhaust. Hope you enjoy the hell out of it.

Don't mess with the bumper . . . if that is what you really wanted you should have bought an '11 or newer SL. The older look is specific to a single model year and looks great. The stock wheels are great and are also very light - powder coating is a great option. I am not sure if there is a car on this planet that sounds better than an '08 SL with an exhaust. Hope you enjoy the hell out of it.

I wanted the sound of the PRE-LP along with the raw characteristics.. But I honestly do love the updated look of the LP570 Bumper! :(

I wanted the sound of the PRE-LP along with the raw characteristics.. But I honestly do love the updated look of the LP570 Bumper! :(

I hear ya.

Don't mess with the bumper . . . if that is what you really wanted you should have bought an '11 or newer SL. The older look is specific to a single model year and looks great.

Ummmm no.

Do the bumper and the rims and calipers lower the car on the factory shocks and it will look updated and modernized but still have the '08 rawness. Best of both worlds.

Ummmm no.

Do the bumper and the rims and calipers lower the car on the factory shocks and it will look updated and modernized but still have the '08 rawness. Best of both worlds.

I have to agree 100% with Twin here. I dug up pictures of my 08 just before I sold it.

Lowered on stock coils, 15mm wheel spacers and RSC front bumper conversion. I think this

should make it an easy decision for you. :icon_mrgreen:

Best of luck with the new car!!

I have to agree 100% with Twin here. I dug up pictures of my 08 just before I sold it.

Lowered on stock coils, 15mm wheel spacers and RSC front bumper conversion. I think this

d3e3f1aa-f151-421e-8b7b-70e74472958c_zps

d3e3f1aa-f151-421e-8b7b-70e74472958c_zps

Haha yea both your cars looked sick! I was thinking of doing the renown lp570 bumper instead though. I figured if I am already spending that kind of coin.... Get what i really want!

I hadn't considered the spacers but i guess powdercoat and spacers it is! Also the rsc sv wing. You guys have me looking forward to this now!

Thanks

No problem powder coating lightweight wheels and changing the strength or properties of the metal? Does it stand up to the high temp process?

OP - your mods sound great. Looking forward to updates.

No problem powder coating lightweight wheels and changing the strength or properties of the metal? Does it stand up to the high temp process?

OP - your mods sound great. Looking forward to updates.

I'd like to hope not! But I will ask my guy to get additional insight on the matter! Thanks cake!

congrats!

I just got my SL two months ago.

Where you located?

Just got my spacers in, just need to find time to install and lowery the car now.

I think we have met before! Your screen name is familiar? Didnt you have a gtr? I had a white on red gtr a few years back! Hres on it with full bolt ons and duckbill trunk if it rings a bell! Im located in bergen county!

I think we have met before! Your screen name is familiar? Didnt you have a gtr? I had a white on red gtr a few years back! Hres on it with full bolt ons and duckbill trunk if it rings a bell! Im located in bergen county!

Moneymakindave did have GTR so you must have met him, when you guys meet up let me know as I'm in NJ as well. I still havn't seen Dave's new ride yet. Congrats on the car, and listen to the others that have told you to get an upgraded bumper. That is the only bland part of a Pre LP in my opinion.

congrats!

I just got my SL two months ago.

Where you located?

Just got my spacers in, just need to find time to install and lowery the car now.

Just for reference, in the Picts of my 08 SL, my front coils were dialed all the way down as low as possible.

I think the rear were about 3/4 of the way dialed down. When I lowered my 07, with the rear all the

Way down it was too low and I had it adjusted back up a bit.

We must have met an an event/meet then.

We'll need to get all the jersey bulls together !

Moneymakindave did have GTR so you must have met him, when you guys meet up let me know as I'm in NJ as well. I still havn't seen Dave's new ride yet. Congrats on the car, and listen to the others that have told you to get an upgraded bumper. That is the only bland part of a Pre LP in my opinion.

Sounds good guys! Lets do it

check with Hovik to see when the next Bullfest is scheduled.