Italian Stampede, Rally from Los Angeles to Monterey

Andrew R.

Was considering driving my car out from Oklahoma and joining in. What time Thursday morning do they leave?

Typically around 9:30am... so you would want to come in the night before, which is what most out of town'rs do. And the night before, Wednesday, we have a very informal gathering at the Four Seasons Westlake. (which is the place I ran into AllanLambo's GF Angelyne two years ago in her pink corvette)

It is a blast! You should join us while there are still a few hotel rooms left in Monterey.

There is an LP member driving from Indiana this year! (he has done it a few years in a row now!!!)

Typically around 9:30am... so you would want to come in the night before, which is what most out of town'rs do. And the night before, Wednesday, we have a very informal gathering at the Four Seasons Westlake. (which is the place I ran into AllanLambo's GF Angelyne two years ago in her pink corvette)

It is a blast! You should join us while there are still a few hotel rooms left in Monterey.

There is an LP member driving from Indiana this year! (he has done it a few years in a row now!!!)

Nice, I live next to the FS Westlake. I'll stop by

Andrew, I'm putting together a little drive and dinner after Concorso on Saturday, would love to have you and the others join us.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=79137

Kevin, I would love to participate! But, it's a rush for me after Concorso now that they have moved it to Saturday. That is the day that we have the Lamborghini Club Party in the evening... why don't you guys do your drive and then have dinner with us at the event? The event is always a great time, and with special guests.

Here are some pics from years past:

http://serataitaliana.com/2015-serata-ital...mborghini-gala/

http://serataitaliana.com/2014-serata-ital...ni-gala-photos/

I signed up....will be in white/red LP640 roadster with wife.

My only concern is driving up with top off and baking in the sun....gonna be hot.

Great to hear that you signed up! You will have a blast!

Do you have your hotel room set for Monterey? If not let me know so I can give you some leads.

I signed up....will be in white/red LP640 roadster with wife.

My only concern is driving up with top off and baking in the sun....gonna be hot.

Having been in a convertible on the Stampede let me tell you it's too hot to be top down. Fortunately we were in a performante so we were able to put the top down and not bake.

It's a very well done drive and weekend. Andrew deserves kudos. The serrata is first rate too.

Having been in a convertible on the Stampede let me tell you it's too hot to be top down. Fortunately we were in a performante so we were able to put the top down and not bake.

It's a very well done drive and weekend. Andrew deserves kudos. The serrata is first rate too.

Thank you for the kind words!

Here is a cool drone video clip from last year's event:

Great to hear that you signed up! You will have a blast!

Do you have your hotel room set for Monterey? If not let me know so I can give you some leads.

Hey Andrew, I'll be at Monterey Plaza Hotel.

Which Lamborghini party is Saturday? Is it open or invite only?

This poses a problem in the LP Roadster....if I have the top on, I believe I can't drive high speeds on the highway. Does anyone know how fast I can go without the toupè flying off?

What to do......

Hey Andrew, I'll be at Monterey Plaza Hotel.

Which Lamborghini party is Saturday? Is it open or invite only?

Yes invite only for Lamborghini Club members.

Go here and put your name on the wait list, we are working with the venue for more space.

http://serataitaliana.com/

This poses a problem in the LP Roadster....if I have the top on, I believe I can't drive high speeds on the highway. Does anyone know how fast I can go without the toupè flying off?

What to do......

Depending on the route there isn't a lot of really high speed driving that you can do safely that exceeds 100mph or so. You could keep the top on until the lunch stop then remove it for the second leg to Monterey. Wear light colored clothes and a cap for sure.

The Saturday night Serrata is a must do party.

Bummed to hear you guys are going to be in Westlake on the 18th, I'll be back in MI to visit the fam and check out Woodward that weekend. Otherwise would have been awesome to at least swing by and say hello before you head out!