Countach 3D Model

BBoyJmE

Hi all!

Just wanted to share the progress of my take 2 on modelling a virtual Lamborghini Counach. I have already done it in the past but this time I got Allan-Herbie's car scanned and modeled over it with 99% accuracy :)

I plan on building all variants minus the 25th anniversary. I also will be 3D printing it then making molds and casting them out of resin at 1/4 scale - that is 1m (39.3 inches) in length, 0.5 m (19.7) in width... HUGE

I have already started printing my old model but stopped when I knew I can get my hands on a laser scan. here are some images of the old model 3D printed to give you an idea of how big it will be.

post-213591-1470277520_thumb.jpg

post-213591-1470277528_thumb.jpg

post-213591-1470277534_thumb.jpg

Wish to own a Countach one day, mainly to give it to my awesome dad! Been my dream since I was a toddler. My dad had one in the 80's and I grew up to photos of it. I was born after he was bankrupt due to the Lebanese civil war where he had to sell it.

post-213591-1470277614.jpg

Here is Allan-Herbie's Countach reproduced digitally. First image is the laser scan, the rest is my rebuild over that laser scan.

post-213591-1470277172_thumb.png

post-213591-1470277188_thumb.png

post-213591-1470277202_thumb.pngpost-213591-1470277215_thumb.pngpost-213591-1470277195_thumb.png

Head over to my Facebook page to see other renders/screenshots of the progress.

https://www.facebook.com/JnVisuals/photos

Cheers!

Good deal and welcome to a real Lambo forum. Btw, how did you go about scanning Alan's car?

Sorry to hear about your dads misfortune. Curious, what's he doing now? Is he still in lebanon? My inlaws are Lebanese and suffered similar fates. Any idea where his old car is?

Good deal and welcome to a real Lambo forum. Btw, how did you go about scanning Alan's car?

Sorry to hear about your dads misfortune. Curious, what's he doing now? Is he still in lebanon? My inlaws are Lebanese and suffered similar fates. Any idea where his old car is?

Thank you!

I made a contact on the Fchat forum of someone who wanted to find a white Countach to scan, and I wanted a scan of A Countach and I introduced Allan to him and they met and scanned the car. I am modelling the car to give to the scanner and in return, I get an awesomely accurate Countach model to keep :)

My dad lived in Lebanon, then Australia at age 18, then Texas then in his 30's he married my mother in Lebanon and settled in Australia for a few years then sold everything an went back to Lebanon around 1982. That is where everything went south and lost almost everything. In 2000 he decided to go back to Australia and the whole family followed, we have been moving back and forth since. He is now just selling household appliances in Lebanon barely breaking even. He just reopened his store (where initially was built as a garage for the Countach).

He is a machine that hasn't skipped a day of work from the day I was born until now. Honestly, I think we went to the beach 10 times and to the village and about a handful of times. (your in-laws may tell you how awesome it was to have a 3 month summer holidays and how they would go to the beach resort or the village). It was always my mother taking us out as he was too busy working. (Mother's village called Douma is in he vintage photo).

post-213591-1470285302.jpgpost-213591-1470285357.jpg

I really wish I can save up to buy him at least a Murcielago. I remember when I was 12, I told him that I will buy him a Countach when I grow up. He did say that he would prefer the later model as he already had one. I got into 3D at the age of 15 to hopefully design a car to sell it for millions and to buy him a Lambo... I now am a professional 3D artist and I wish life was that easy!

I've been trying to locate his old car, could just made it's way to some prince or sheikh in Dubai/Saudi Arabia or something. His Countach was the second Countach in Lebanon , the first one being an LP400S that is still there - a very VERY wealthy importer owns that one.

Sorry about the wall of text, a Countach is so sentimental to me and I can't help explain why.

Welcome to L/P.

That's an incredible story as is your work. Keep us posted on your progress and wishing you to realize your dream soon.

Welcome to L/P.

That's an incredible story as is your work. Keep us posted on your progress and wishing you to realize your dream soon.

Thank you VCR!

Hey Jimmy! I'm so glad to see you came back to the board. :icon_thumleft: ;)

There are a lot of great people here that have helped me get to where I am so far. Let's reach our goal together! I look forward to seeing your posts. :)

Hey Jimmy! I'm so glad to see you came back to the board. :icon_thumleft: ;)

There are a lot of great people here that have helped me get to where I am so far. Let's reach our goal together! I look forward to seeing your posts. :)

Cheers Doc_K :) hopefully we will!

I Love your work and your story! Good on you for looking after your father, I am sure he's very proud of you and I am sure he values what you give him more than he would a Lambo :icon_thumleft:

Welcome to LP.

Cheers Doc_K :) hopefully we will!

You are so close...why don't you just go all the way and make the 1:1 model??

Thanks all for your kind words!

You are so close...why don't you just go all the way and make the 1:1 model??

I would rather build something of a decent size I can have in my room to look at all day and that looks finished VS building a 1:1 that will take forever. If I want a 1:1 scale replica It will set me back $80k AUD but it will be VERY VERY close to the real one, lots of OEM parts and the body is a fibreglass mold of the real one.

I can't wait to finish the 3D model to start printing, I want to make 3 LP500s, 1 Tahiti blue with gold wheels and white interior, 1 red on white,1 black on black, 1 QV FI White on red for Alan :P and an Orange LP400

So awesome you got one!

Lebanon in the 80s was rough, I remember as a kid living in boom shelters most of the time until my dad brought our family to this great country. Your dads work shop now was a killer to read, I'm sorry you guys went threw all that. Wish you all the success and hope he can turn that shop back into the lambo garage.

Lebanon in the 80s was rough, I remember as a kid living in boom shelters most of the time until my dad brought our family to this great country. Your dads work shop now was a killer to read, I'm sorry you guys went threw all that. Wish you all the success and hope he can turn that shop back into the lambo garage.

Amazing! You were in Lebanon during the civil war too. You see my dad started building a building over a villa he bought, he was ripped off during construction and inflation struct and he decided to finish the building no matter what. I guess he should have canceled construction and save himself the remainder of the money ( like many have done, you see lots of buildings still under construction since the 80s nowadays). Sad thing? after finishing the 5 floor building, he was never paid for 3 floors of it...people live there now thanks to loopholes in the legal system, and have not paid a dime for rent/purchase.... Good on your dad I am sure you are very thankful and he is proud of what you have done with the second chance of life he gave you and your family!

:)

Looking back at it now it's easy for me and you to say he should have,could have etc..... Took balls to build during that time.

Yes I appreciate the second chance he gave us and think about that everyday, especially since he threw everything away for us. I've been fortunate enough to support my parents and give them a sense of security they gave me my whole life.

I truly hope you get your dad a Lamborghini and I have so much respect for him for still working!!!

Looking back at it now it's easy for me and you to say he should have,could have etc..... Took balls to build during that time.

Yes I appreciate the second chance he gave us and think about that everyday, especially since he threw everything away for us. I've been fortunate enough to support my parents and give them a sense of security they gave me my whole life.

I truly hope you get your dad a Lamborghini and I have so much respect for him for still working!!!

Thank you again, really inspiring.

Great respect for you! That is my dream! My dad is around 68 years old and still working like crazy. I do have an invention that has a patent pending that I am hoping someone will help me out or invest in it. Might post it in the business section. Was hoping if it succeeds, that it gives me what I need to buy him a Lambo!