new VB exhaust for the SV!

SV-N-IT

Does he have any sound clips?

Does it increase performance?

What other products does he have in the pipe line?

By the way Albert, in the documentation they are sending out it says the exhaust isn't street legal.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he have any sound clips?

Does it increase performance?

What other products does he have in the pipe line?

By the way Albert, in the documentation they are sending out it says the exhaust isn't street legal.

Thanks, Fortis: the sound clip is an excellent Idea.

I already wrote all your questions: I will meet Valentino Balboni within three hours from now.

ciao

Thanks, Fortis: the sound clip is an excellent Idea.

I already wrote all your questions: I will meet Valentino Balboni within three hours from now.

ciao

looking forward to hearing what he has to say

VB coming out his everyday car this morning: it's an honor to meet such a pleasant, important and VERY FAST old guy.

My Mercedes is on the background: we met at Lamborghini spraying plant.

Before starting to talk about the SV VB superspecial Exhaust, I have to say why I was there this morning: Fortis car was under spraying just this morning. It's a stunning blu Cepheus SV Roadster (congrats, Fortis, for the fantastic car and color choice!). Me and Valentino had the pleasure to look at the car but we couldn't take any picture (Lamborghini denied the permission) so Fortis was crying all morning long because I saw his Aventador SV Roadster before him ...

A green small man coming from Mars (on Mars they don't care about what Lamborghi tells them...) took some pictures of the car fully sprayed and with Mr. Balboni smiling aside the blue Cepheus SV Roadster and sent them to Fortis. But Fortis is still crying as he cannot share them as Lamborghini will send him (and the photographer, that is the green small man from Mars...) to jail if he shares anything, so forget any picture...

But VB told me to say a big "Ciao" to all the forum

ciao

[bhakn7.jpg

great info/story! any news on this exhaust would be appreciated!

did you guys happen to see a twin Blue Cepheus SV roadster in the facility?

mine is also being assembled as we speak!

the "up to" 10% increase is factoring in remapping and the race exhaust FYI

they are only claiming this on the SV from what dealer told me.

my dyno butt says it feels much better across all rpm's and sounds 10x better! ;)

great info/story! any news on this exhaust would be appreciated!

did you guys happen to see a twin Blue Cepheus SV roadster in the facility?

mine is also being assembled as we speak!

Yes, I saw it: very nice too!

ciao

Ok, here you are my small Valentino Balboni "interview" about his SV exhaust: hope you like it.

A: Nice to meet you, Valentino, and thank you very much for coming here. What can you tell us about your brand new Limited production special exhaust for the SV?

V: Well, talking with an Italian exhaust firm that I know since a long time, we had the idea to develop an high end special exhaust, something with the best quality available and without any cost limit. I gave the idea and the name too, giving my help and experience when needed and checking step by step the project. I can confirm that we did the best one we could do, and I’m very proud of the result.

A: so the exhaust is all made in Italy?

V: Yes, of course!

A: We read it’s all hand welded and it requires 350 hours of work. Is that true?

V: I can confirm that the exhaust is all hand welded, I have no idea of how many hour it takes: at present we built just very few of them so maybe those are the hours we needed to do the very first production ones, very likely the last ones will need much less time, I hope.… or we will go on bankrupcy… (here Valentino was smiling)

A: What can you tell me about the istalling on the car?

V: It’s very easy to intall, you just have to remove the rear bumper and the stock muffler. Here (he points his finger towards the Imperiale official assistance point) we needed just two hours to do everything, but here the guys are very skillful and expert so maybe others could need three or four hours, but no more. It doesn’t require any ECU tuning, uses the standard exhaust valve, cats and so on. We already wrote is not street legal, and that is, even if the noise is not much more than the stock muffler, but different and even better than the stock one, in my opinion. Consider that the SV already has an excellent stock muffler, so it’s not easy to improve!

A: can we hear its sound?

V: (Valentino takes out his smartphone and let me see a small video with his exhaust installed on a car roaring: I sent the video clip to Fortis, but he cannot share nor this, as it’s a beta video with a test mule car and Valentino asks to wait for the full video that he will put on his site as soon a sit will be ready… The sound is excellent, in my opinion). This is the very first road test we did, here at Imperiale assistance point, with the mule test car. In the United States we installed in on the car of the Google owner to show it to the Lambo customers (Valentino told me where, maybe Los Angeles, I don’t remember anymore, sorry). We asked him the permission to use his car through the dealership were it was stored and then he asked us to leave the exhaust on the car, becoming the very first Customer to have my exhaust installed. And there is another one already installed on a car in the USA.

A: you just will produce 30 special exhaust, each numbered: shall we expect other standard exhaust later or other exhaust fro other models?

V: No, those 30 special ones won’t be followed by anything. No standard exhaust, never. I don’t want to produce anything else. Nor exhaust, nor T-Shirt, caps, rims and anything else. My name will be just on this exclusive exhaust and no more.

A: what Lamborghini says about this special exhaust?

V: They asked me the possibility to have two of them! (Valentino smiles…)

A: But does your exhaust increase the engine power?

V: To increase the top end power you should need to remove the Catalyzator and do a lot of mods to the electronics and so on. That is not the purpose of my exhaust. It’s not intended to be a race exhaust, it’s built to increase the pleasure to own an Aventador SV, having an exclusive hand made ultra light exhaust on the car that (in my opinion) enhances the wonderful voice of the engine car and it’s much lighter than the stock one. It increases a bit the low and mid RPM power and reduces a lot the weigth: I think it’s what everyone wants.

A: I’m sorry Valentino, I have to talk a bit of money: how much does it cost?

V: the price is the same worldwide: 35000 USD.

Well, I have to say that until yesterday i thought that such an high price was a waste of money. But now, after seing in person the car were it has to be installed, hearing the words of Valentino (that never told me a lie before…) that confirms those were the only 30 exhausts that will have his name on them, having the assurance of the top quality, I have to say that they are even cheap…

ciao

2myrifp.jpg

2ni2u14.jpg

thank you Albert for giving us all that insight, and damn i feel excited about hearing the final result of the exaust, in all honestly if i would own an SV and wanted to uprade my exaust this would be a no brainer, 30 pieces and VB brand!!! i am normally a kreisegg fan, but this sistem seems the one to have!!!

thank you Albert!

At least he was honest and said that there will be no performance gains which is 100% true.

Even the factory race exhaust with their tune returned only 16whp and lost a bunch of power in midrange for one of the members here. I do love the work and the exhaust but sorry for $35k to me at least it is not worth it. It aint producing any sound that a good system like Kreissig, Powercraft, Larini or IPE cant produce.

At least he was honest and said that there will be no performance gains which is 100% true.

Not exactly true: less weight (expecially on the back) will enhance car performances much more than some extra HP

ciao

Not exactly true: less weight (expecially on the back) will enhance car performances much more than some extra HP

ciao

Which you could have with pretty much any aftermarket exhaust system without spending $35k. And trust me unless you are a world class driver, you are not going to feel a 10kg difference. Like not never.

The thing is, this exhaust is a piece of art tuned by a legend whom perhaps heard more Lambo engines running than all of us combined.

I had the opportunity to hear it in the raw video Mr. Balboni sent across, it's obviously quite hard to hear it properly because it was filmed with a phone but it sounded so crisp, no abnoxious also it looks so damn good that it would actually be a shame to hide it in the back of the car.

Is it expensive? Very, but most things are on these cars so I am sure he will have no issues moving them.

I also believe Mr. Balboni deserves this, he did and still does more for this brand as an ambassador than anyone else I can think of!

This is more than just an exhaust.

Even the factory race exhaust with their tune returned only 16whp and lost a bunch of power in midrange for one of the members here. I do love the work and the exhaust but sorry for $35k to me at least it is not worth it. It aint producing any sound that a good system like Kreissig, Powercraft, Larini or IPE cant produce.

I would love to see the dyno sheet that shows a power loss from the race tune and exhaust. doesn't make sense to me.

I would love to see the dyno sheet that shows a power loss from the race tune and exhaust. doesn't make sense to me.

Member is 07pearl feel free to contact him. He was super excited to get this done and he lost power in mid range which he was not happy about. Same dyno chassis before and after. Dealership contacted factory and they were no help. There is no reason he would lie.

Member is 07pearl feel free to contact him. He was super excited to get this done and he lost power in mid range which he was not happy about. Same dyno chassis before and after. Dealership contacted factory and they were no help. There is no reason he would lie.

Heard a similar story from a credible source.

I don't want to discuss about Aventador exhaust systems, as I don't even have an Aventador. But I know that an used LP 550-2 VB costs almost twice than a standard LP 550-2 ( that we all know are the same car except a stripe and the name). That is not a Lamborghini decision: Market rules.

If one day I will buy a Gallardo, it will be the VB, just because it's dedicated to the Lambo legend and will be for me a great honor and privilege to own and drive it. Who cares of the other models and who cares of the cost.

Ciao

The thing is, this exhaust is a piece of art tuned by a legend whom perhaps heard more Lambo engines running than all of us combined.

I had the opportunity to hear it in the raw video Mr. Balboni sent across, it's obviously quite hard to hear it properly because it was filmed with a phone but it sounded so crisp, no abnoxious also it looks so damn good that it would actually be a shame to hide it in the back of the car.

Is it expensive? Very, but most things are on these cars so I am sure he will have no issues moving them.

I also believe Mr. Balboni deserves this, he did and still does more for this brand as an ambassador than anyone else I can think of!

This is more than just an exhaust.

:iamwithstupid: The guy is a legend and is trying to make some cash with limited edition product, I'm all for it. Let's not forget, as much of a legend as he is to us...he was still just a factory worker so it's not like he left Lamborghini rolling in dough. So it's $35k? More power too him, I don't think it's unfair for him to earn back a little cash after helping build Lamborghini into what it is today.

I still would like to see the dyno for my own knowledge. hard to believe the factory claim in writing is up to 10% more power across the power band from SV tune/exhaust and the truth is this package takes away power. maybe there were other factors involved. we will never know until we see the dyno prior/after the install.

I still would like to see the dyno for my own knowledge. hard to believe the factory claim in writing is up to 10% more power across the power band from SV tune/exhaust and the truth is this package takes away power. maybe there were other factors involved. we will never know until we see the dyno prior/after the install.

Its very easy to believe. A catback exhaust does nothing for power. We know from other Lambos including my own LP640 you don't gain power unless the primary cats are removed which doesn't happen with factory race system. So did you think a tune was going to add 70hp on an NA car? Hell no.

There are many documentations of Aventadors with a real full exhaust with all cats removed and tune gaining 30-40whp so there is no way that anyone would expect 10% increase with just a tune and catback exhaust which does nothing for performance power wise. I will try to contact him and get the dyno before and after.

Fortis also has stated that he has heard from very reliable sources that the factory race setup had similar results. The sad part is that most Lambo owners drop $10-15K on an upgrade but wont spend $250 to get a dyno lol. Always makes me scratch my head.

But feel free to drop $15k on the factory setup and show us the before and after if you want to take that chance :)

Here is My dyno sheet attached. I was waiting to see what the factory would do to fix this before posting a sheet but its been months and I havnt gotten a response besides them saying it made power up top so its good. This is unacceptable to me for 15k and advertising a gain of 10percent in the mid range.

green is fully stock

blue is with the exhast and tune

red is with exhaust only after my tech took the tune back off to see what would happen and surprising it made a bit more power up top but same loss low and mid range.

Aventador_dynos.jpg