2003 Murci on ebay

FrankD

Spoke to owner.....here's the story...

He says he bought the car 5 years ago but never registered it. Claims he drove it with his brothers dealer plate from his repair shop.

No real service history...said he did 2 oil changes in the last 5 years...original clutch. Last at a dealer in 2009.

Car will have to be titled in his name then the title can transferred her in NJ

Says car has no issues or paint work.....runs as it should

Thoughts? What value would you place on it?

Thanks

Did you do a carfax? I've never seen a Murcie with the rear spoiler deployed at rest. I'd get a very thorough PPI

Car fax is clean for accidents but service history very spotty. Owner is a bit of a pita.....he has no idea what these cars need relative to maintence. I've seen cars with clean car faxes that looked like they were hit by a trail and painted with a mop.....I'd never trust it fully. I offered to have Wil at Exotic Cars do a PPI ( he's about 1/2 hour from him) but the owner basically ignored the request. Like the car but I think it's going to be to much of a pain in the ass. Awaiting a call back from him to see the car tomorrow am.....we ll see what happens

Didn't Someone recently have an issue with the bat wings staying deployed? I think it was just an issue of a reset?

I'm pretty sure it is a quick reset. Any shop with the Lambo computer can do it

I've never seen a Murcie with the rear spoiler deployed at rest. I'd get a very thorough PPI

:iamwithstupid:

Didn't Someone recently have an issue with the bat wings staying deployed? I think it was just an issue of a reset?

You can reset the bat wings by yourself. As Tara said, the spoiler needs to hook up to a Lambo computer for a reset.

roberbaron had the problem recently....he was able to reset himself. Anyone with that issue can search his posts

Bat wing reset is a known thing and DYI, as VCR said you need the Lambo computer to fix the spoiler thing.

Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon thought with some owners. They don't understand the importance and the destructive nature of not changing hydraulic fluids on an annual basis. Now a days, pure synthetic motor oil is probally changed out more frequently than needed in cars that are driven on such a limited basis.....but only my humble opinion.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, I think the time of being able to snag a perfect early/manual Murcielago for a "reasonable" price has passed. While I have no delusions that the manual Murcielago is going to veer off towards Countach/Diablo valuations, it is clear that they're in demand. If a manual Murcielago is what you want, I think you have to be willing to accept buying one without full service history and that might have some (fixable) issues, or pay top dollar to pry a top one out of someone's hands. In my limited 10 years of buying exotics, I've bought some with full service history and some with none; I've never personally observed any correlation between unexpected maintenance and known service history (although full disclosure, I don't put a ton of miles on my cars). I think the most important thing in buying a car is lack of accident/paint history (you can never change this), then cosmetic condition (much harder to fix), and then mechanical condition (less hard to fix and definitely doable, even if $$$). Get a PPI...hell, if you're really worried, get two. PPIs are intrinsically crap-shoots anyway; they'll catch some things and miss others. Fix what they find after the fact. But I think to be able to land a manual Murcielago, you have to be willing to accept a car that isn't perfect to some degree...but trust me, you'll be happy you did.