World's quickest current production car to 60MPH is....

FikseSTS

I was gonna make a clever sound related comment... But then I realized anyone complaining about sound when they just did 0-60 in 2.5 sec are just trolling. :tyson:

It depends on the application.

For a regular DD, doesn't matter.

For an exotic or typical sports car, it definitely matters.

It depends on the application.

For a regular DD, doesn't matter.

For an exotic or typical sports car, it definitely matters.

Even for a DD for me it matters, can't wait to hear the rumble of the C63 in the morning, maybe when I get older and start carrying less about what excites me now I'll be happy to drive around a soulless appliance but not yet.

There is a paradox I see here, what is the purpose of this electric car? Is the purpose to save money in fuel? I don't buy their "green" credentials since they are still sucking electricity generated by coal power plants, I know that's not everywhere but majority of electricity production pollutes.

The electric cars are so expensive to get into that it counteracts the cost of its fuel so that can't be it, for the same money you can get a fuel burner that is 10 times more luxurious and the performance is almost on par, why would you buy a car which is full of plastic inside and spend more money on it that you'd spend on a fully loaded S Class? 0 to 60 can't be it, who cares about that in a grocery getter ?

This electric car business will be good for the future when you will be able to buy a Toyota Corolla equivalent for the same price a Corolla sells now, when majority of the commercial transport is electric Etc.

Now to me at this level is pointless but I guess early adopters create trends and if the trends work out to be beneficial for our future I am all for it.

I think its cool for those who have to commute into an office. In South Florida, you also get free access to the HOV lane which costs people that have long commutes $300-$600/month, plus the gas savings-can easily make that $2,000 lease payment into a $1,000 payment. For those who work where they want and/or when they want, maybe some of the allure wears off? It is definitely a technological marvel-what Tesla has created.

A few people just leased leftover P90D cars for 800-900/month.... $135k ish... I tested on at 2.65 to 60 MPH...

After seeing its performance I priced one on a lease... Over 2k a month. fcuk that..

A few people just leased leftover P90D cars for 800-900/month.... $135k ish... I tested on at 2.65 to 60 MPH...

Probably 3 yr lease. I wanted 2

2 years, some had demo miles on them though.... Inventory showed 266 cars last week, there are 80 left (https://ev-cpo.com) I was about to pick one up but then the P100D came out... so I'll wait...

Probably 3 yr lease. I wanted 2

Even for a DD for me it matters, can't wait to hear the rumble of the C63 in the morning, maybe when I get older and start carrying less about what excites me now I'll be happy to drive around a soulless appliance but not yet.

There is a paradox I see here, what is the purpose of this electric car? Is the purpose to save money in fuel? I don't buy their "green" credentials since they are still sucking electricity generated by coal power plants, I know that's not everywhere but majority of electricity production pollutes.

The electric cars are so expensive to get into that it counteracts the cost of its fuel so that can't be it, for the same money you can get a fuel burner that is 10 times more luxurious and the performance is almost on par, why would you buy a car which is full of plastic inside and spend more money on it that you'd spend on a fully loaded S Class? 0 to 60 can't be it, who cares about that in a grocery getter ?

This electric car business will be good for the future when you will be able to buy a Toyota Corolla equivalent for the same price a Corolla sells now, when majority of the commercial transport is electric Etc.

Now to me at this level is pointless but I guess early adopters create trends and if the trends work out to be beneficial for our future I am all for it.

The tree hugger crowd swears that electric cars are way greener/cleaner/better/cancer curing than fossil fuel powered cars. It's one of those "I said so" type of arguments without a nice pricing breakdown. :rolleyes:

Eventually Electric cars will relegate gasoline powered to premium sports cars........and gas cars will probably go the way of the 3 pedal manual transmission.

Not sure how far away we are, and even though the Tesla is impressive, we're probably still a ways away from Electric making gasoline obsolete that quick.

US government just allocated $4.3B to electric charging infrastructure. I would guess that will motivate Detroit to move that direction. Procrastination does pay off.

Saving money is one thing (almost $10k a year here), but far from the most important one. The electric drive-line is so much more responsive and smoother than any ICE car, simply better to drive. The car requires a way less maintenance, and is constantly getting new features. I use the Autopilot a lot in my commute. And no matter how you twist and turn it, an electric car will ALWAYS pollute less than a gas car, and can in addition be zero emission with wind/water power etc, something a gas car can never be.

Gas cars in general drives and feels like old outdated machinery.

But then again, people laughed at the idea of automobiles when horse and carriages were around... :icon_thumleft:

Saving money is one thing (almost $10k a year here), but far from the most important one. The electric drive-line is so much more responsive and smoother than any ICE car, simply better to drive. The car requires a way less maintenance, and is constantly getting new features. I use the Autopilot a lot in my commute. And no matter how you twist and turn it, an electric car will ALWAYS pollute less than a gas car, and can in addition be zero emission with wind/water power etc, something a gas car can never be.

Gas cars in general drives and feels like old outdated machinery.

But then again, people laughed at the idea of automobiles when horse and carriages were around... :icon_thumleft:

My friend I am happy you've found automotive Nirvana, myself I will take that old outdated, noisy, polluting, oily, machinery :icon_mrgreen:

My friend I am happy you've found automotive Nirvana, myself I will take that old outdated, noisy, polluting, oily, machinery :icon_mrgreen:

Ah yes, that is exactly what Henry Ford was talking about..."“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” I still love my petrol cars for fun, but would never go back to a ICE car for a daily.

Ah yes, that is exactly what Henry Ford was talking about..."“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” I still love my petrol cars for fun, but would never go back to a ICE car for a daily.

I can see this happening on a decent scale.

I've even commented that an ideal daily probably shouldn't be too much fun so as to give the more exciting cars a nice contrast.

I respect those that can afford to daily a 911 turbo S with 5 hypercars in the garage, but not sure that's ideal. But it's a first world problem I wouldn't mind being wrong about either. :icon_thumleft:

Tesla is plenty fast and lack of sound is no worse than your typical ordinary sedan.

ICE to EV isn't donkey cart to automobile, it's just another source of propulsion which personally I don't believe it to be ideal, it's probably the best we've got so far but far from perfect, we haven't yet found the perfect replacement for oil and gas.

I understand the excitement about EV but I don't really get the mass hysteria, the way I see it, gas powered tools and equipment v electric powered, gas powered yes it's noisy and oily etc. but it's reliable and you can trust on, electric powered it's clean, makes no noise etc. but comes with a lot of stress, have they been plug in, are the batteries dead or alive? I am sick of changing batteries in electric scissor lifts and forklifts, spent $1500 to $2000 in batteries many times over this year due to all sorts of issues, the oily crappy machinery you just put fuel in it and it gets going, you feel comfortable with having them around because you can rely on it doing its job.

The bigger issues I have is with batteries deteriorating over time, I look at everything batterie powered, electronic devices etc. eventually the built in batteries hold less and less charge, we don't know how the batteries in these cars will behave 5 to 10 years down the road, sure you can buy brand new under warranty but what will happen with these cars when they are out of warranty? Will they become just an expensive door stop? Recycling them etc.

Don't get me wrong I have absolutely nothing against EV, I even order a Tesla 3 for my wife, I am only telling how I personally feel about it, the tech is in its infancy, maybe not the tech but rather the entire infrastructure/scenario it has long ways to go until it will be ideal for everyone that's if it will ever get there, personally I don't believe electricity is the ideal fuel, it has too many limitations.

What would be ideal is to perfectly and safely harness atomic power and use that as fuel, I want a ICE atomic powered Lamborghini :icon_mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta agree with Placid. Driven one and been a passenger in several. It's freaking AMAZING. It's so insanely responsive, quick and quiet. Touch the throttle and you are gone - 0 lag. You can't get that responsiveness even with huge V8s. Loved how it drove. I for one love the interior. It's simple and clean with an awesome touch screen that you can all sorts of things with and all the small details, like showing you how your car looks on the outside with your current lighting setting. When your turn signal is on, it will blink on the little car as well.

I gotta agree that ICE engines (while they are more "fun": engine/turbo sounds) feels very, very dated after experiencing the Tesla.

It's the first and only E-car that works like a real car. All other shit like the E-golf, Zero have too little capacity and slow charging, so IMHO they are gimmicks. Tesla solved all that. I had a guest from Switzerland with one (yeah, he drove it from Switzerland to Norway) and also a guest from Germany (he did the same). No problem at all they said. You want to take a break anyways when driving for hours on end.