1999 Diablo SV Shift Knob

Double

How often do you see a Diablo - especially an SV - without the wing?

Time for a change. Bumperless, Wingless, Diablo GT taillights and center 'net'. And some of the sickest wheels you'll ever see anywhere on a Diablo. Plus a major freshening of the suspension and drivetrain.

Went in the shop today. Hope to have it done by this year's Toy Rally. Pix around then.

Thanks Kevin~

Lamborghini had SV-R engines sitting around during 1999 model year construction. They put 26 of them into SV's, randomly.

From an emissions/legality standpoint it seems absurd. But the proof lies in the fact that certain parts on this engine not being the same as what is called for in parts catalogs for a 1999 SV. Dealer contacted the factory and this is what was told.

Understand how 'small' Lamborghini was, pre-Audi. They wouldn't just discard 26 new engines.

That's the only USA black 99SV if I remember the registry correctly, rare car.

very rare I'm sure and I saw it on Saturday! clean as a whistle :icon_super:

• 1 month later...

Incredible Color combo WOW!

I am a big believer of the SV decal. Suits the car perfectly.

The day that I bought it.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure how I missed this a couple months ago. In for updates!!

My Man Chip!

Was in for service (only drove 600 miles in 12 years) plus a couple of light mods. Really wanted it in time for this year's South Florida Toy Rally. Turns out that it wasn't going to happen in time (worked out anyway; weather sucked) so now doing a full engine service including shimming valves.

Going to have the sickest wheels, of any Diablo on the planet.

Hope to have it back on the road in February. I love this car.

Thanks!

My Man Chip!

Was in for service (only drove 600 miles in 12 years) plus a couple of light mods. Really wanted it in time for this year's South Florida Toy Rally. Turns out that it wasn't going to happen in time (worked out anyway; weather sucked) so now doing a full engine service including shimming valves.

Going to have the sickest wheels, of any Diablo on the planet.

Hope to have it back on the road in February. I love this car.

Thanks!

:icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

• 3 months later...

Do you know what parts are different? I wonder what motor my 99 has.

Thanks Kevin~

Lamborghini had SV-R engines sitting around during 1999 model year construction. They put 26 of them into SV's, randomly.

From an emissions/legality standpoint it seems absurd. But the proof lies in the fact that certain parts on this engine not being the same as what is called for in parts catalogs for a 1999 SV. Dealer contacted the factory and this is what was told.

Understand how 'small' Lamborghini was, pre-Audi. They wouldn't just discard 26 new engines.