• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha, CNN is a for profit station, they get eyeballs with sensationalism. News is a product, not the truth, that goes for ALL stations.

Very true. I often remind folks that the news is a manufactured product, not always truth.

Very true. I often remind folks that the news is a manufactured product, not always truth.

I've stopped watching the news years ago, when I feel like being lied to I will start watching again.

Russian foreign minister says Trump accepted Putins assurances that they did not meddle in the election.

Lmao.

Overruled all the intelligence agencies because what, vlad said "i promise?"

Un fcuking real.

I've stopped watching the news years ago, when I feel like being lied to I will start watching again.

:iamwithstupid: Or you can always talk to your local politicians as well :lol2:

Russian foreign minister says Trump accepted Putins assurances that they did not meddle in the election.

Lmao.

Overruled all the intelligence agencies because what, vlad said "i promise?"

Un fcuking real.

So who is the fake news today? Cnn or MSNBC

IMG_9811.jpg

IMG_9810.jpg

Being scared of the Russians it's like being scared of the dark after you grow some balls you get over it :rolleyes:

:iamwithstupid: Or you can always talk to your local politicians as well :lol2:

My wife takes our daughter to gymnastics almost everyday, she's been doing it for years now, few hundred meters before the gym there is a train crossing, it gets so congested that sometimes you have to wait 10 to 15 minutes to cross it, the obvious solution would be a bridge, every time the local election happens certain politicians promise a bridge if they get elected, she always votes for the people who promise the bridge :lol2:

The last pack of liars were advertising on the billboard right in front of the train crossing, my wife took a photo to make sure she will vote for the right guys haha

They never deliver and my bet with her is that it will never happen so I am working on moving the gym in a different location :icon_thumleft:

My wife takes our daughter to gymnastics almost everyday, she's been doing it for years now, few hundred meters before the gym there is a train crossing, it gets so congested that sometimes you have to wait 10 to 15 minutes to cross it, the obvious solution would be a bridge, every time the local election happens certain politicians promise a bridge if they get elected, she always votes for the people who promise the bridge :lol2:

The last pack of liars were advertising on the billboard right in front of the train crossing, my wife took a photo to make sure she will vote for the right guys haha

They never deliver and my bet with her is that it will never happen so I am working on moving the gym in a different location :icon_thumleft:

Saint Fortis...a go-getter can trust :lol2:

I need to visit your side of the world and get you a beverage at some point :icon_thumleft:

Meanwhile, some CNN footage of Trump and Putin's first handshake has emerged...

uUJHaGg.gif

Saint Fortis...a go-getter can trust :lol2:

I need to visit your side of the world and get you a beverage at some point :icon_thumleft:

Meanwhile, some CNN footage of Trump and Putin's first handshake has emerged...

uUJHaGg.gif

Hey I am a capitalist and I can't help myself if there is an opportunity I go for it :icon_mrgreen:

You are welcome anytime just let me know.

Being scared of the Russians it's like being scared of the dark after you grow some balls you get over it :rolleyes:

The Russkies are butthurt because they are not a superpower anymore. Tears in the vodka comrades...

"Hackers are not best when they are state actors. You know how a country feels cocky when they have nukes and know people won't push them around? Imagine you are the nuke, a person with the ability to shut down a power grid and kill thousands in hospitals. How long do you think they'll bow to their bosses before they bite the hand that feeds them? They don't play well with others." - friend in cyber security

I would add an addendum to that: **If you are the United States**

Russia isn't a superpower anymore, but it is still big enough to push a lot of the smaller nations in the area around and invade them even if it wasn't for the U.S. presence in the area.

The Russkies are butthurt because they are not a superpower anymore. Tears in the vodka comrades...

"Hackers are not best when they are state actors. You know how a country feels cocky when they have nukes and know people won't push them around? Imagine you are the nuke, a person with the ability to shut down a power grid and kill thousands in hospitals. How long do you think they'll bow to their bosses before they bite the hand that feeds them? They don't play well with others." - friend in cyber security

Are they any individual state hackers though who literally "are the nuke" so-to-speak? My understanding from what I have read is that those types of hacks involve multiple teams of people, where each team works on a different portion of the hack. There isn't one or a few lone guys with ultimate power.

On another note, I read an article some years back about a guy who caused some freaking out in the U.S. government because as his Ph.D dissertation, he basically figured out the layout of the U.S. power grid. His thesis was rejected if I remember, but he got a job with the U.S. government showing them how he figured out the grid.

I would add an addendum to that: **If you are the United States**

Russia isn't a superpower anymore, but it is still big enough to push a lot of the smaller nations in the area around and invade them even if it wasn't for the U.S. presence in the area.

Wheels get out of your basement from time to time for a breath of fresh air.

The whole civilized world struggles with a bunch of disorganized thugs in ME and you talk like you are ready to take over the world, put the koolaid down.

Wheels get out of your basement from time to time for a breath of fresh air.

The whole civilized world struggles with a bunch of disorganized thugs in ME and you talk like you are ready to take over the world, put the koolaid down.

Being scared of the Russians is a legitimate thing if you are a smaller country in that region. The thugs in the Middle East only have influence because of all the oil that they have. Otherwise, that area would be as ignored as Africa is.

Being scared of the Russians is a legitimate thing if you are a smaller country in that region. The thugs in the Middle East only have influence because of all the oil that they have. Otherwise, that area would be as ignored as Africa is.

83354F7A_48F6_4CA5_9631_A204B87A0A4C_1962_00000671EBBCA1D0.jpeg

Are they any individual state hackers though who literally "are the nuke" so-to-speak? My understanding from what I have read is that those types of hacks involve multiple teams of people, where each team works on a different portion of the hack. There isn't one or a few lone guys with ultimate power.

On another note, I read an article some years back about a guy who caused some freaking out in the U.S. government because as his Ph.D dissertation, he basically figured out the layout of the U.S. power grid. His thesis was rejected if I remember, but he got a job with the U.S. government showing them how he figured out the grid.

#1 our infrastructure is fcuking terrible. An individual can inflict immense damage on their own with a botnet but maybe not ruin a country. Not like going to the dark ages with an AR15, you'd cause damage, but not conquer England by yourself.

Imagine taking down the powergrid in the middle of summer. for 72 hours Remember the 120 degree temps in Phoenix recently? Drop the grid; no water, no gas. Thousands in medical care will die fast, then seniors and when panic sets in poor and people stuck in gridlock trying to leave places like Vegas heading for the coast.

#1 our infrastructure is fcuking terrible. An individual can inflict immense damage on their own with a botnet but maybe not ruin a country. Not like going to the dark ages with an AR15, you'd cause damage, but not conquer England by yourself.

Imagine taking down the powergrid in the middle of summer. for 72 hours Remember the 120 degree temps in Phoenix recently? Drop the grid; no water, no gas. Thousands in medical care will die fast, then seniors and when panic sets in poor and people stuck in gridlock trying to leave places like Vegas heading for the coast.

There is actually a movie, it might be on Youtube, about a hypothetical where the power grid in the U.S. gets taken down mid-summer for a week straight. The story covers multiple people, some who end up dying, via their cellphone recordings. A really good book on how society would fall apart if the power grid and all electronics were taken out via an EMP is "One Second After."

Two questions though:

1) Why haven't terrorists already done this if there are individuals capable of doing it?

2) Regarding medical care, wouldn't major facilities have generator power?

Two questions though:

1) Why haven't terrorists already done this if there are individuals capable of doing it?

2) Regarding medical care, wouldn't major facilities have generator power?

we can go crazy on hypothetical what ifs, and it is on topic since a lot of people think Trump is pissing enough people off to incite this. I think if the ursskies hacked our elections, it is probably in their favor with him in the oval orifice.

1) maybe it has not been someone objective to do just that yet. its like asking if we have nukes, why haven't we nuked anyone lately? People are very cautious with first-striek capabilities.

2) hospital generators are often prepared for a 24 hour back up, in most cases. tax the load with a catastrophic event, and that number dwindles. People will loot a hospital and self inflict for shelter. Old people will die en masse in retirement homes.

Let me give you a scenario, remember "The Shelter" on the Twilight Zone? It's a fascinating study in a society destroying itself in the face of adversity. Think of what would happen if after 24 hours of heat people start hearing you are off the grid with solar/wind power. We are a few days away from people becoming animals. After a short while, money will be useless during the instability.

Currently googling "marinated shitzu" recipes....

meme_eat_pets.jpg

we can go crazy on hypothetical what ifs, and it is on topic since a lot of people think Trump is pissing enough people off to incite this. I think if the ursskies hacked our elections, it is probably in their favor with him in the oval orifice.

He's upsetting liberals, but I honestly think the chances of such an attack may be reduced with Trump in office however as enemies have more respect for him.

1) maybe it has not been someone objective to do just that yet. its like asking if we have nukes, why haven't we nuked anyone lately? People are very cautious with first-striek capabilities.

I think that is a bit different. We have nukes only as a deterrent, not as something we intend to use. With terrorists, they are bent on destroying us, so if they can do such a hack, they will.

2) hospital generators are often prepared for a 24 hour back up, in most cases. tax the load with a catastrophic event, and that number dwindles. People will loot a hospital and self inflict for shelter. Old people will die en masse in retirement homes.

Let me give you a scenario, remember "The Shelter" on the Twilight Zone? It's a fascinating study in a society destroying itself in the face of adversity. Think of what would happen if after 24 hours of heat people start hearing you are off the grid with solar/wind power. We are a few days away from people becoming animals. After a short while, money will be useless during the instability.

Currently googling "marinated shitzu" recipes....

I agree. However, that is why I won't tell people if I am off the grid with solar/wind power :)