After 40yrs, Ecclestone ousted..

Griza

Love him or hate him , he made formula 1 what it is today . He should get more kudos for what he has done instead of all the hatred , but then again , all successful people end up being hated at one time or another

Agreed.

Not always done business right by social standards but has done business and the wealth the sport has is only down to him.

The times he has been tough on teams that have not played the game right are well documented but the times he has paid for mechanics and support crew when teams go into administration skirts under the radar.

He has been brave and bold. He did not jump into social media and kept firm on it and screwed every he could get out of broadcasters.

Basically if he was your boss you were getting paid.

I understood some of the Bernie hate but not all of it. As a very late (and casual) F1 fan I have always enjoyed all the pomp and circumstance surrounding race weekend. At least here in Abu Dhabi they go out of the way to make sure you are getting your money's worth on race weekend!

Maybe next year some of you will join me for the Abu Dhabi Etihad Grand Prix finally. Had 3 friends stay at my place for the weekend and we had a blast.

Not exactly ousted, he cashed in his chips. Bold little weirdo bought the tv rights in the 70s and grew the sport and his fortune incredibly well.