Does dad life = no more Lambo?

Luxeous

Jason, please sell it to me, then in 5 years you'll want it back and I'll have to then double the price! Kidding aside you're in the early stage of Father hood, as they get older they do become easier and start to have more activities that eventually get old. Such as a Birthday part for a friend every other weekend...these are the times that I have a car life, while still participating on 90% of all their activities I do find the time for me time which is very important. As mentioned above I believe our specific cars will begin to appreciate more so in time, so if you look at it that way you sell now for X, while holding on to it value goes up as if your money was being put to work. I have two girls ages 6 & 8, one shows interest in the cars the other does not, I do hope shes's my car enthusiast.. moral of the story you'd regret selling it, this was and is your dream car!

+1 you'd regret it - unless you need the money and space more, don't bother selling - much better to drive it even once a month than not have the option at all

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless you need the money from the sale of your car to sustain the family, otherwise keep the car. You will absolutely regret selling it.

Good advice here! I rarely drive my Murci but couldnt imagine selling it. Especially considering the rarity of a Monterey Blue Roadster (Whytrys old car?) that is a car you would most likely never ever will be able to repurchase again and will always have a high demand. If you need the money do it, if not keep it.

this thread has changed my perspective, throwing my kid's seat in the GTR and I will take him to cars and coffee and some drives this summer.

Absolutely! Kids love being involved with their parents, and if they see you are passionate about something, it rubs off. And if you get them into cars it's something you can share together.

I have a two year old boy and 6 month old daughter-- my kid loves the cars and I don't even take the car seat out of the gallardo. He comes with me just about every time. Like someone mentioned above, the kids are joining my life and I guess they have to live with my boost addiction. :) I actually bought the GTR so I can put everyone in the car and cruise around.

:iamwithstupid: I don't even take the seat out of the ASV either. My son is 3.5 and loves going for drives. He thinks it's like being in a spaceship.

ports__Medium_.jpg

:iamwithstupid: I don't even take the seat out of the ASV either. My son is 3.5 and loves going for drives. He thinks it's like being in a spaceship.

Man that is a tall 3.5 year old. Can I option his NBA contract?

Man that is a tall 3.5 year old. Can I option his NBA contract?

We've been raising him solely on GMOs and bourbon. Are we doing it right, doc?

Good advice here! I rarely drive my Murci but couldnt imagine selling it. Especially considering the rarity of a Monterey Blue Roadster (Whytrys old car?) that is a car you would most likely never ever will be able to repurchase again and will always have a high demand. If you need the money do it, if not keep it.

You are right on - that's what made me really question it as the car is very rare and I don't want to regret getting rid of it, especially when my son can enjoy the ride too.

This is awesome! I turned the airbag off and took my son for a short drive in his car seat this past weekend - he fell asleep within the first 5 minutes haha. I guess a v12 is soothing bedtime music? haha

This is awesome! I turned the airbag off and took my son for a short drive in his car seat this past weekend - he fell asleep within the first 5 minutes haha. I guess a v12 is soothing bedtime music? haha

If you're stuck on Malibu canyon behind a Winnebago the 3000 RPM's at cruise speed drone to a perfect pitch to lul you to sleep.

We've been raising him solely on GMOs and bourbon. Are we doing it right, doc?

Add cigarettes after age 4. Nicotine is good stuff.

You are right on - that's what made me really question it as the car is very rare and I don't want to regret getting rid of it, especially when my son can enjoy the ride too.

Luxeous that is hilarious. My son fell asleep too within a few minutes. I agree I think the V12 droning is soothing.

My son is also 3.5 year old but he's far from falling asleep in the V12, he's a little car nut and can't wait to jump in also he actually changes gears in my GT4 from his booster seat, it's so funny, he times them perfectly up and down, after going up a gear or down one he just sits back and proceeds to start sucking his thumb again until the next gear is required LOL.

My son is also 3.5 year old but he's far from falling asleep in the V12, he's a little car nut and can't wait to jump in also he actually changes gears in my GT4 from his booster seat, it's so funny, he times them perfectly up and down, after going up a gear or down one he just sits back and proceeds to start sucking his thumb again until the next gear is required LOL.

That is viral video worthy.

when hubby was little his Dad did the same - but I think he was closer to 7-8 years of age. Way to start 'em young Fortis! Great story!

when hubby was little his Dad did the same - but I think he was closer to 7-8 years of age. Way to start 'em young Fortis! Great story!

I don't know about this kid, he says he likes the GT4 better than the SV, I might have to disown him LOL

I don't know about this kid, he says he likes the GT4 better than the SV, I might have to disown him LOL

Manual>all

These are the greatest memories. I remember as a young kid my dad used to let me shift the manual in his 924. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

I used to daily my Lotus Elise (avatar) which was pretty much a track car, had harnesses. My son would love to be strapped in the harnesses and I'd also let him shift the manual.

To this day he loved that car over any of my current cars.

Totally thought of this thread today. My son started snoozing when we were chilling on the fewways cruising at 72mph. Then he woke up when we found a back road and 130 and some twisties.

Owning a Lambo doesn't mean you will have to get rid of the car... however make sure you are spending quality time bonding with the baby... even if it's an infant. I'll typically go out a cruise once a week but I always make sure that I have been helpful to my wife helping out around the house before I go out. Also I found myself using the car more during the week for errands or going to the gym... It's a win / win... she can't argue with me for going to the gym for health reasons and I get to get out in the Murci. :icon_thumleft: Happy Wife = Happy Life

On another note my son was afraid at first of my car but he seems fascinated by it for a 20 month old. He loves cars. I captured a hilarious moment starting the car up near him..

if your wife or kids are cramping your style ... I can help

"with one call I can change your wife"

Dad life will not = no lambo unless you let it.

LOL.

Don't let Dad life be the end of you. There is still hope. Call now. Free consultation

I have the video but I don't want it online :( he's so cute doing it.

PM your digits :icon_thumleft:

Good for you for keeping your kids off the net. We do the same, and people are always shocked when i ask them not to post any photos on FB. Never had any resistance, but some raised eyebrows.