Texas Invitational 2017 KOTS Update Thread

VentadorGER

Also on the real streets there is no gas station every 5 miles to fill up that methanol fuel cell LMAO

So dumb. I have only been to TI once. I feel like KOTS lasted maybe 2 hours. This thing has gone all day.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a true invitational event with a big pay out. Leave all the cars sub 200 at home.

Like going to a NFL game and after every quarter the middle school team comes out to play a quarter, then the high schoolers and then finally back to the NFL.

Seems Amir has a hard decision to make since its clear the Huracan slingshotted from behind, but so did other cars earlier, and despite the distance, its still a sling shot, either 2 cars length or half a car.

But if one thing we can all agree is that this runway has clearly become too short for this event, you need a good 6000ish ft runway for this event and even though I have a GTR and root for the GTR camp, I would not put a car with a chute and a small rear brakes in the same category as a street trimmed car. You want to compete at the KOTS, then you dont run a chute and must be able to ensure you can stop safely with your high performance brakes or any street mod, not a strictly off road mod.

Win, lose, or draw Tony's car is fast as balls! Will be hard to beat that thing. Got to give credit to him. His car was a league above the rest this weekend.

Heard Kevin cried like a baby and refused to race. Way to Ruin the weekend Kevin

It is quite simple. If this jumping behavior was allowed all day then you can’t change the rules for the final race.

Heard Kevin cried like a baby and refused to race. Way to Ruin the weekend Kevin

You mean he stood up for his and his customers rights and not let them take advantage :)

Maybe the light was green when he came from behind. And Tony had bad reaction time

The Huracan indeed came slingshotted by two car lengths and was on par with Tonys GTR when the light went green, but the Huracan was already at full tilt when Tony hit it, there is no way he could have won even if he tried to overcome the slingshot.

The Huracan was already at a higher MPH and momentum due to the slingshot tactic, but again as Duhawks pointed out, many races were similar and the judges let it go.

You mean he stood up for his and his customers rights and not let them take advantage :)

Bingo. You didn’t see Kevin bitch when he got sling shot. He realized ok these are the rules today.

so now what happens to the 10k side pot? everyone gets their money back or does ross get his win?

Should go to Ross

People lost for respect for Kevin , not the driver . VERY WEAK move on Kevin’s part.

Maybe this will teach tony to stop going first off line and let uG go first and pace them .

I don’t care if tony lost if it was even slightly close on the hit... this was garbage

So what happened now ?

Should go to Ross

As you definitely know, on the street, if there is a contest to the start and there is a clear signs of a jump and the other party didn't chase. So a rematch is enforced, if other party forfeits and doesnt run the rematch then they lose or the pot gets dissolved back.

video looked like you hit the brakes too hard , it was after you crossed the line? you were off the throttle ? unless I watched the wrong video.

I didn’t hit the brakes until after I lost control. I almost did the same thing during qualifying earlier today but I saved it. I was WOT when ur went into a spin. Honestly I don’t even know why I’m arguing with you lmao.

As you definitely know, on the street, if there is a contest to the start and there is a clear signs of a jump and the other party didn't chase. So a rematch is enforced, if other party forfeits and doesnt run the rematch then they lose or the pot gets dissolved back.

But that is how everyone raced all day. So by what you say even if Tony won the pot should be dissolved.

I didn’t hit the brakes until after I lost control. I almost did the same thing during qualifying earlier today but I saved it. I was WOT when ur went into a spin. Honestly I don’t even know why I’m arguing with you lmao.

I’m glad you are ok and congratulations on the win 👏👏👏

But that is how everyone raced all day. So by what you say even if Tony won the pot should be dissolved.

There are inconsistencies no doubt, the same behaviour was observed earlier and nothing was said as you pointed out even from the GTR camp against other GTRs, I am not sure what can be done at this point, but the event will be stained either way.

They should race from a dig and call it a day or run on a longer strip with a better staging distance and braking distance.

There are inconsistencies no doubt, the same behaviour was observed earlier and nothing was said as you pointed out even from the GTR camp against other GTRs, I am not sure what can be done at this point, but the event will be stained either way.

They should race from a dig and call it a day or run on a longer strip with a better staging distance and braking distance.

If I ran an event my rule would be...

If you sling shot your out. Like just turn your car around and head to the shop. You need a faster setup.