Sacrifice ... Monterrey Blue LP640 Roadster for a Hurican Performante?

JonV8944s

So what’s your opinion of the P after the test drive ?

Fortis et al,

I'm not ignoring this question or the other about what I decided, I am just using the next 12 hours to let the answer settle in me, so I know for sure its my decision and explain.

Fortis et al,

I'm not ignoring this question or the other about what I decided, I am just using the next 12 hours to let the answer settle in me, so I know for sure its my decision and explain.

No rush nor obligation, we all here to have some fun so only do what makes you feel comfortable :icon_thumleft:

Ok, since i finally let the sales guy know my decision, I can share it here. I decided to take what I feel is atrong advice and keep the MB Murcielago Roadster. It’s certainly no replacement for the Performante, but then again nor is the Performante its replacement. Different cars altogether and I just love the Roadster too much to part with it, and I don’t love the Performante enough to justify the expenditure at my other car’s expenses. I just love my motley crew of cars too much right now. I’ll revisit the decision for another car after the demon comes in. Right now my current line-up stays. That said congrats to anyone who is getting the Performante, fantastic car!

Jon

^IMO, you, sir, have made the correct and wise decision. Not putting down the Performante at all but totally different cars for totally different purposes and to each its own.

^IMO, you, sir, have made the correct and wise decision. Not putting down the Performante at all but totally different cars for totally different purposes and to each its own.

Seconded.

Very true, totally different cars.

The MB Murci roadster is uber rare. The new Perf will be a dime a dozen! You made the same choice I would have

Appreciate all the support folks, I was pretty hung up on having the fastest factory track car (which for all accounts was the ACR) then the Performante beat it soI thought that was the high water mark but saddly the Porsche GT2 supposedly eclipsed it. That and everyone’s feedback here woke me up to stop chasing track Unicorns when I have a decent group of Unicorns already. Drove the Viper and Lambo Today and I was disappointed in myself that I had considered them for sale. Neither would I ever be able to get back. The GTR is a commodity car lol, that I could live without, but glad I dont have to, as I just threw a set of Michelin Pilot Cup 2’s on it this week and the fun quotient has increased a good bit. Now if the Demon would hurry up and get here, I’ll be so car drunk I can’t possibly look at another car. Oh wait, it’s an addiction, its never satisfied, all any of us can ever hope to do is manage it.

Again, genuinely appreciate everyone’s opinions/feedback, it definitely helped in my decision making process.

Thanks!

Jon

You can always count on your friends to help you spend your money :icon_mrgreen: sooo I just want to ask you, where did you test drive the Performante and for how long?

You can always count on your friends to help you spend your money :icon_mrgreen: sooo I just want to ask you, where did you test drive the Performante and for how long?

Lamborghini of the Carolinas, its been delivered now, so no more secrecy on it, but it went to UGR, they bought it. Lambo of the Carolinas has a pretty interesting street circuit track around their immediate area that leads right to Mexico. 😂😂

Lamborghini of the Carolinas, its been delivered now, so no more secrecy on it, but it went to UGR, they bought it. Lambo of the Carolinas has a pretty interesting street circuit track around their immediate area that leads right to Mexico. 😂😂

:lol2: I love that!

You need few hours with the beast on a track and/or your favorite roads then I highly doubt you will resist :icon_mrgreen:

I wouldn't give up the V12 Murci for it because that's a legend but any of the others you mentioned that you have would be peeling so fast out of my garage that I would have to have someone wirebrush the rubber marks out of the concrete for me.

:lol2: I love that!

You need few hours with the beast on a track and/or your favorite roads then I highly doubt you will resist :icon_mrgreen:

I wouldn't give up the V12 Murci for it because that's a legend but any of the others you mentioned that you have would be peeling so fast out of my garage that I would have to have someone wirebrush the rubber marks out of the concrete for me.

Fortis, you and I are probably in different places financially lol, I’d have to wire brush my own tire marks out if I did that. Congrats on your success btw, always respected your car choices. That said these cars just work for me, each is so unique and unsimilar in how they achieve their performance and what they are good at, that none are a replacement for the others. As an owner of at 2 lambos and life time of admiration for them (started when I was 7) I get the mystique, presence and respect the lambo brand has, but I wouldn’t ever consider it as my single source provider of all my car needs. Its like women, I like many different nationalities/ethnicities as they all have unique driving styles and ride characteristics, which makes each endearing in their own way. ;)

Giving me a couple hours on track with the Performante probably wasn’t an option for this dealership lol.

477FEDFB_4CCA_4E68_93AD_6ABA6CEA4619.jpeg

SO glad you decided to keep the MB Roadster! :) I think looking back you will be very glad you did.

Fortis, you and I are probably in different places financially lol, I’d have to wire brush my own tire marks out if I did that. Congrats on your success btw, always respected your car choices. That said these cars just work for me, each is so unique and unsimilar in how they achieve their performance and what they are good at, that none are a replacement for the others. As an owner of at 2 lambos and life time of admiration for them (started when I was 7) I get the mystique, presence and respect the lambo brand has, but I wouldn’t ever consider it as my single source provider of all my car needs. Its like women, I like many different nationalities/ethnicities as they all have unique driving styles and ride characteristics, which makes each endearing in their own way. ;)

Giving me a couple hours on track with the Performante probably wasn’t an option for this dealership lol.

That makes complete sense, thank you for the kind words and you are right, variety is the spice of life and looks like you are very good at the game, I have a lot of respect for you, keep it up :icon_thumleft:

I know the dealers don’t have the opportunity now to take customers to test them on the tracks but that’s where all test drives should happen with this model, around town they are just a slightly harsher (in Corsa) and noisier version of the standard car so it doesn’t tell you much, on track on the other hand the beast is unleashed.

I am sure in the future you will have the chance to track one, I would really like to hear what you think when that happens, until then you keep having a ball :icon_thumleft:

That makes complete sense, thank you for the kind words and you are right, variety is the spice of life and looks like you are very good at the game, I have a lot of respect for you, keep it up :icon_thumleft:

I know the dealers don’t have the opportunity now to take customers to test them on the tracks but that’s where all test drives should happen with this model, around town they are just a slightly harsher (in Corsa) and noisier version of the standard car so it doesn’t tell you much, on track on the other hand the beast is unleashed.

I am sure in the future you will have the chance to track one, I would really like to hear what you think when that happens, until then you keep having a ball :icon_thumleft:

Funny enough my buddy Moe txt’d me that he traded in his UGR aventador on one, and it arrives from Chicago this weekend or monday/Tuesday. He got a green one :). Now that certainly doesn’t mean I’ll ever get to drive his on track, but I’m hoping I get to do a little more then drool on it ;)

I agree completely on track vs street, your assessment is literally same thing I concluded, it sounds like a popcorn maker in corsa is what I told people lol, on track its gonna be a beast for sure. I dominated the track 3-4 weeks ago at VIR with my ACR-E, I am certainly sure had this been there in a capable drivers hands, I’d have not been so dominant. I look forward to seeing one on track.