My 720S and DoctaM3s new Performante at the drag strip...

FikseSTS

LOL some of you guys crack me up. Look at it this way...in MY OPINION, the car is slow. I do not road race anymore. I like power and speed. I love how the Performante looks, I just want it to be faster. Therefore I'm going to turbo the car....and get this, now you're gonna think i've lost my mind......I'm going to put HRE's on it and coilovers and drop it. Imagine that!!!! LOLOL :)

I've grown up around speed. My whole life i've dreamt of owning a Lamborghini (like many of you, I too had a Countach poster on my wall as a kid) and am lucky to have owned 9 of them. I'm also lucky enough to be able to dump a $100k into the car to make it a VEYRON/CHIRON/P1/La_Ferrari/918 killer....all for a FRACTION of the cost of those cars. Do I appreciate what Lamborghini did from the factory? Yes for sure. Will I change my mind one day and want a stock one? Maybe. And if so, I'll buy one. For now, i'm enjoying cars, enjoying life, and can't wait to feel 1300 HP in a Perf.

Peter

:icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL some of you guys crack me up. Look at it this way...in MY OPINION, the car is slow. I do not road race anymore. I like power and speed. I love how the Performante looks, I just want it to be faster. Therefore I'm going to turbo the car....and get this, now you're gonna think i've lost my mind......I'm going to put HRE's on it and coilovers and drop it. Imagine that!!!! LOLOL :)

I've grown up around speed. My whole life i've dreamt of owning a Lamborghini (like many of you, I too had a Countach poster on my wall as a kid) and am lucky to have owned 9 of them. I'm also lucky enough to be able to dump a $100k into the car to make it a VEYRON/CHIRON/P1/La_Ferrari/918 killer....all for a FRACTION of the cost of those cars. Do I appreciate what Lamborghini did from the factory? Yes for sure. Will I change my mind one day and want a stock one? Maybe. And if so, I'll buy one. For now, i'm enjoying cars, enjoying life, and can't wait to feel 1300 HP in a Perf.

Peter

Thanks for giving us the benefit of a qualified opinion ...

It appears my attempt to be clever with my reference to F1 may have gotten us in the weeds ...

Which led us to the back and forth about road courses, braking points, accelerating off corners ...

The reality is there's a reason you don't see videos of TT Lambos running around road courses ...

Because the overwhelming majority of the owners buy them for ...

1/2 mile competition, TX2K roll racing, local roll racing bragging rights, and soon 1/4 mile racing ...

The point is you need big power and in each of those cases, and you can use it ... Every bit of it ...