My 720S and DoctaM3s new Performante at the drag strip...

FikseSTS

^ That's what I thought. I thought it would be MUCH faster than a H in a straight line.

Remember when Brooks dragged his STS with and without a wing. YUUUGE difference... I thought Perf would run hard with ALA open in a straight drag race. :(

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That's what I thought. I thought it would be MUCH faster than a H in a straight line.

Remember when Brooks dragged his STS with and without a wing. YUUUGE difference... I thought Perf would run hard with ALA open in a straight drag race. :(

you are 100% correct! on the back straight at PBIR I hit 160mph in the perf and low-mid 150's in the H and 650.

have to account for Lambo speedo error though.... :)

you are 100% correct! on the back straight at PBIR I hit 160mph in the perf and low-mid 150's in the H and 650.

have to account for Lambo speedo error though.... :)

wouldn't my old Huracan have the same speedo error.. 5-7mph difference on back straight for me.

yea, sounds about right, I had to push Perf to 158 and it registered just over 150 on the vbox... but the 650s isn't off like that...

wouldn't my old Huracan have the same speedo error.. 5-7mph difference on back straight for me.

yea, sounds about right, I had to push Perf to 158 and it registered just over 150 on the vbox... but the 650s isn't off like that...

ah, well my best times have been with the perf on that track by far and I hit 160mph for the first time on the back straight. I was blown away with the overall performance of this car. especially on corsa street tires.

yeah I thought the ALA isn't supposed to slow the car down straight line. seems like it still is creating down-force

yeah I thought the ALA isn't supposed to slow the car down straight line. seems like it still is creating down-force

Any penalty in straight line is more than made up for with cornering ability the ALA provides.

Not a drag racing car, on the road course, race tracks, twisties best new car your money can buy right now by a country mile!

Looks, sound, handling, reliability, build quality, availability (don't need to bend over in front of anyone to get one buy shitboxes you don't like to get an allocation, be member of any cult) and cheap for what you are getting, absolutely no brainer.

I better get out of here, I need to go earn more money so I can get another one to park in Europe at the bottom of Stelvio pass LOL

Not a drag racing car, on the road course, race tracks, twisties best new car your money can buy right now by a country mile!

Looks, sound, handling, reliability, build quality, availability (don't need to bend over in front of anyone to get one buy shitboxes you don't like to get an allocation, be member of any cult) and cheap for what you are getting, absolutely no brainer.

I better get out of here, I need to go earn more money so I can get another one to park in Europe at the bottom of Stelvio pass LOL

:icon_thumleft: :iamwithstupid:

Grab one for me as well, I'm in!!!

The 9 second pass in the 720S is UNREAL for a stock car. 0-60 on street tires in the 2.8s range is just nuts for a RWD car. Anyhow, my Performante (thanks to a friend we all know, I have a car coming) arrives end of this week/early next week. If she wasn't headed to Underground Racing and if I was a stock car guy, I would have purchased a 720S...

Peter

The 9 second pass in the 720S is UNREAL for a stock car. 0-60 on street tires in the 2.8s range is just nuts for a RWD car. Anyhow, my Performante (thanks to a friend we all know, I have a car coming) arrives end of this week/early next week. If she wasn't headed to Underground Racing and if I was a stock car guy, I would have purchased a 720S...

Peter

congrats on your Perf coming! I agree with all above if you are into straight line racing. what McLaren did with the traction and power delivery on the 720 is just awesome!

IMO the perf looks better, sounds better, has more emotion/raw feel. both badass cars but one is clearly faster in the 1/4 and one is faster on a road course.

I'm a fan of both cars, but right now the perf has my heart! maybe when the 720 spider comes out ill have both!

I also just heard they have a new model coming out "ultimate track weapon" that I'm sure will be insane as well!

Just because the 720S will out accelerate just about anything currently in production doesn't mean it can't handle itself on the road course... very few real world owners could push these cars to the limits needed to make a meaningful difference on a road course....

Just because the 720S will out accelerate just about anything currently in production doesn't mean it can't handle itself on the road course... very few real world owners could push these cars to the limits needed to make a meaningful difference on a road course....

agree, but the perf main intention was to kill ring times and it has done just that!

between the 720, perf, and gt2 it will all come down to driver skill. all great cars IMO

It can certainly handle itself when it doesn’t overheat and it needs to be parked aside to cool down (two instances that I know of) perhaps because of the higher local temps who knows? Also some cars are still riddled with electrical issues, 1st year production I assume, I really wanted a 720S because I like the look in certain colors, I had it all specced out but after test driving the Performante there was no way I wasn’t going to buy one.

The average driver will find the Performante the easier car to drive very fast, I can drive but I am not a pro my skills are enough for me to have fun but when I was behind the wheel it took my driving to another level, it’s hard to explain here how and why, it is also hard to comprehend how and why when you are behind the wheel, combination of a bunch of factors.

Either way all these cars are fantastic, it comes down to what excites you, type of driving you enjoy, roads you have access to, budget, garage space :icon_mrgreen: etc.

BTW I love your YouTube videos, you are such a cool down to earth guy, love watching your content, always extremely informative, thank you for your hard work I know it’s not easy and it’s kind of thankless other than the joy you get from driving and owning the cars, kept it up :icon_thumleft:

but it just got hammered by the GT2RS, I hope you're not selling the Perf for that souped up naca duct laiden 911 now... :) I'm so not a Porsche guy, except CGT and 918 of course.... :)

agree, but the perf main intention was to kill ring times and it has done just that!

between the 720, perf, and gt2 it will all come down to driver skill. all great cars IMO

thanks, I appreciate that feedback....

that's no fun with 720S cooling, I did see @bayareanady who seems like a pretty serious track guy lapping his 720S vs the Performante out in California, check him out, it's fun to watch...

mine has been great so far, but I imagine there will be issues here and there as with most 1st year cars...

I agree the Performante would be easier to drive fast on a road course for most people, the AWD inspires a lot of confidence...

With my GT coming next year, something has to go, I chose the Huracan last time and sold the 650S, this next choice will be tough.... I'm just super grateful I can have fun with these cars and have such choices...

It can certainly handle itself when it doesn’t overheat and it needs to be parked aside to cool down (two instances that I know of) perhaps because of the higher local temps who knows? Also some cars are still riddled with electrical issues, 1st year production I assume, I really wanted a 720S because I like the look in certain colors, I had it all specced out but after test driving the Performante there was no way I wasn’t going to buy one.

The average driver will find the Performante the easier car to drive very fast, I can drive but I am not a pro my skills are enough for me to have fun but when I was behind the wheel it took my driving to another level, it’s hard to explain here how and why, it is also hard to comprehend how and why when you are behind the wheel, combination of a bunch of factors.

Either way all these cars are fantastic, it comes down to what excites you, type of driving you enjoy, roads you have access to, budget, garage space :icon_mrgreen: etc.

BTW I love your YouTube videos, you are such a cool down to earth guy, love watching your content, always extremely informative, thank you for your hard work I know it’s not easy and it’s kind of thankless other than the joy you get from driving and owning the cars, kept it up :icon_thumleft:

but it just got hammered by the GT2RS, I hope you're not selling the Perf for that souped up naca duct laiden 911 now... :) I'm so not a Porsche guy, except CGT and 918 of course.... :)

no 911 for me.. a few seconds isn't hammered.. any driver on any track with any one of those 3 cars can win depending on the day.

for lamborghini to go out and accomplish that kind of run is VERY impressive, let alone still looking hot, sounding great, maintaining the lambo feel etc.. I'm sure porsche won't hold the record for long.. we will see.

Peter

Does that mean, there's a slightly used Huracan TT for sale ...

thanks, I appreciate that feedback....

that's no fun with 720S cooling, I did see @bayareanady who seems like a pretty serious track guy lapping his 720S vs the Performante out in California, check him out, it's fun to watch...

mine has been great so far, but I imagine there will be issues here and there as with most 1st year cars...

I agree the Performante would be easier to drive fast on a road course for most people, the AWD inspires a lot of confidence...

With my GT coming next year, something has to go, I chose the Huracan last time and sold the 650S, this next choice will be tough.... I'm just super grateful I can have fun with these cars and have such choices...

Your videos are great

Thx for making them

Best

Eric