1320 video of the Underground Racing Huracan's at TX2K18

I have to say: respect to Bob in his red Huracan. It must be very dificult to focus on the light and have a great reaction time. It brought the man to the semi-finals. Wow! I have zero experience with fast cars but the way his Huracan pulled away from that 7's GTR in the quarters looked a lot faster than a 7 mph difference.

@UGR: Did you guys get frustrated when racing this Viper over and over again? I hope one day you guys line up this yellow Huracan next to a stock one. Just to put things into perspective. Great video by the way!

Peter

Helms let off a bit before the finish line or it would have been 223+

In regards to the wing issue, I've seen another aftermarket company crack the whole base plate above 160mph+. You have to have some kind of support and brackets to handle the heavy load that pushes on the rear OEM piece or even if its replaced in carbon I suspect that could crack to.

I'm trying out a small lip on the back of my car which I'm sure will be fine since I don't plan on going over 200mph. Go ahead and push on the rear OEM deck and so how it moves, while that happens as you speed a lot more.

In regards to the wing issue, I've seen another aftermarket company crack the whole base plate above 160mph+. You have to have some kind of support and brackets to handle the heavy load that pushes on the rear OEM piece or even if its replaced in carbon I suspect that could crack to.

I'm trying out a small lip on the back of my car which I'm sure will be fine since I don't plan on going over 200mph. Go ahead and push on the rear OEM deck and so how it moves, while that happens as you speed a lot more.

Chassis mounted is the only way to go if really serious. Even Voltex lost a trunk mounted wing at WTAC, and they had years of motorsports experience. Then the weakest link is the attachment to the wing itself. The motorsports stands are super beefy. Seeing those GoPro vids of the rear deck is a bit disturbing. You don't want your wing attached to that...

It does? I don't have a lambo. And if you look at my posts, I am one of UGR's biggest cheerleaders

I meant it all makes sense what happened to that wing because I’ve seen it come off the trailer and after that, I never saw it again.

I meant it all makes sense what happened to that wing because I’ve seen it come off the trailer and after that, I never saw it again.

Shit, sorry, misread you. I thought they took the wing off for less drag. lol. How did Elon put it? Rapid unscheduled disassembly

Great video by the 1320 guys. TX2k18 was such a great event. Loved the track prep. It was nice to be able to put down more than 70% of power in high gear vs non prep.quote]

Hi Kevin,

great video and performance of UR clients cars and drivers.

Congratulations and Full respect for Bob Helms and his driving. Knowing that Bob could have gone faster even more respect.

Shows that seniors can run with the young bucks. lol.

Gives me encouragement to enter the fray once again in half mile and 1000 metre standing start racing here in Australia in our very small pond.

cheers,

john

I guess in a sense its almost a testament that the aftermarket wing held up to 230mph lol. I mean lets face it even balls out a stock Performante cant go that fast no matter how much runway it has. So maybe for the 99.9% of people that will never go 230mph may not be a bad option.

Love the video and thank you for sharing! A HUGE congrats to UGR and their owners! That is just wicked fast!

I guess in a sense its almost a testament that the aftermarket wing held up to 230mph lol. I mean lets face it even balls out a stock Performante cant go that fast no matter how much runway it has. So maybe for the 99.9% of people that will never go 230mph may not be a bad option.

From the video it looked like it started to come apart at just before 200. That wing is junk. I wouldn't put it on a stock car unless it was just going to do the speed limit honestly.