Will a regular Gallardo left fender work on a LP Gallardo?

JohnN

Looking for an actual experience versus guessing. I'm not getting any solid answers from guys with experience in this department...

Thanks in advance.

You looking for a direct fit OEM replacement? Because of the changes from the pr-LP to LP styling of the Gallardos, I'd venture to say it won't work as a direct bolt on fit and finish.

Now aftermarket kits? Maybe, but that would be more likely i'd guess.

Cabbe, I am 99% positive the difference in headlight shape from G to LPG is only on the hood side. Not next to fender. Not positive though.

Glen, i know you were one of the "hell no" answers i got.

But i have heard from a few other credible guys that sell used parts, that it does work with very minor modifications. However, I'm looking for someone who has actually done it.

Cabbe, I am 99% positive the difference in headlight shape from G to LPG is only on the hood side. Not next to fender. Not positive though.

Glen, i know you were one of the "hell no" answers i got.

But i have heard from a few other credible guys that sell used parts, that it does work with very minor modifications. However, I'm looking for someone who has actually done it.

John, my apologies.

You might be right. It will be really interesting to find out for sure.

I can say for sure that the left fender will NOT fit on the right side of the newer Gallardo.

(This message brought to you by two glasses of 2014 Villa Del Lago cab sav, one glass of 14 Dalla Valle cab, after 14 hours of juggling kids so wifey could have a good mother’s day)

• 3 weeks later...
No unless you are trying some aftermarket modification kits. Not recommended.
:offtopic:

I see your web site references “LAMB0STUFF” which was autocorrected by this site to “please check with our franchised Lamborghini dealer sponsors”

IIRC Lamb0stuff used to be owned by MAG and was their in-house parts distributor.

Are you affiliated with a dealer or with Lamborghini NA? Are you independent?

There was no info on your web site “about us” other than FAQ which only explain policies - but nothing about bullstuff as an organization (the people, any affiliations, the story...)

To mods: if this crosses a line into the “what-do-you-do-for-a-living” territory then disregard/delete. I figure since Audrey is putting the link in the signature - the question is fair game.

:offtopic:

I see your web site references “LAMB0STUFF” which was autocorrected by this site to “please check with our franchised Lamborghini dealer sponsors”

IIRC Lamb0stuff used to be owned by MAG and was their in-house parts distributor.

Are you affiliated with a dealer or with Lamborghini NA? Are you independent?

There was no info on your web site “about us” other than FAQ which only explain policies - but nothing about bullstuff as an organization (the people, any affiliations, the story...)

To mods: if this crosses a line into the “what-do-you-do-for-a-living” territory then disregard/delete. I figure since Audrey is putting the link in the signature - the question is fair game.

:iamwithstupid:

Good call cake.

And Audrey's 14 posts are not exactly "inspiring" either. They are like telling people the Earth isn't flat...

Back on topic: I've had an 04G, 06GSE, 08GSL & 10LP-SL. No, it will not fit.

• 3 weeks later...

A regular Gallardo front fender WILL work PERFECTLY on an LP Gallardo.

It bolts up at all brackets PERFECTLY, except 1 down below by the bottom of the side skirt. Extremely easy modified and installed PERFECT.

The front edge is NOT shaped differently. The fenders are identical minus the lower bracket i mentioned.

The car is now completely repaired, painted and everything lines up incredible. Arancio Borealis matched to perfection as well.

Hopefully this thread will help someone else in the future.

Now if my picture uploading would work....

• 7 months later...