Z06 and the Gallardo

rampante

So you don't feel that Lamoborghini is in the performance category?

In addition to your "my-car-is-faster-than-yours insecurities", now you can't read. When did I say that?

And how is the Plastic mess-06 going to slow sales of Lambo's? If a guy who can afford a Lambo wants a Plastic mess-06, he'll get one, beat the snot out of it for shits & giggles, then complain about the plastic interior, shitty seats, creaky noises, jittery handling on less-than-ideal surfaces, and sell it in 1-2 years. Will that impact his future purchases of Lambo's? I certainly don't think so. On the other hand, people who cannot afford a Lambo or Ferrari, but can afford a Plastic mess-06, will buy one, chase around anyone on the street that will race them and swear that they would not have a Ferrari or Lambo over their Plastic mess-06.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POS = WT. Always says that to me.

And exactly right. If I want a POS, I'll get one and daily drive that plastic car all day and beat the crap out of it. You buy a lambo when you respect what went in to its production. - what it took to get that car into your hands. Its not a commodity. You don't go to visit the pep boys and put a bunch of plastic chrome louvers on the tail lights and a chain link license plate...

So you don't feel that Lamoborghini is in the performance category?

In addition to your "my-car-is-faster-than-yours insecurities", now you can't read. When did I say that?

And how is the Plastic mess-06 going to slow sales of Lambo's? If a guy who can afford a Lambo wants a Plastic mess-06, he'll get one, beat the snot out of it for shits & giggles, then complain about the plastic interior, shitty seats, creaky noises, jittery handling on less-than-ideal surfaces, and sell it in 1-2 years. Will that impact his future purchases of Lambo's? I certainly don't think so. On the other hand, people who cannot afford a Lambo or Ferrari, but can afford a Plastic mess-06, will buy one, chase around anyone on the street that will race them and swear that they would not have a Ferrari or Lambo over their Plastic mess-06.

Bro,

You win!!

You're right, I'm wrong

You're smart, I'm stupid

You're good looking, I'm not so attractive!!

:goodman:

Bro,

You win!!

You're right, I'm wrong

You're smart, I'm stupid

Well, at least you're funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bro,

You win!!

You're right, I'm wrong

You're smart, I'm stupid

Well, at least you're funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Man!! :lol:

Jason, owning your own R&D company you should understand economies of scale.

Lambo will never have the R&D budget of GM. Even if they did they would never recoup anywhere near what GM will from the POS (Despite charging 3x the price of the POS).

The Plastic mess-06 is derived from the base model which will sell in huge numbers. Despite some Canabalisation of Audi interior parts Lambo can never Amortize its costs to such a scale.

I agree with your point. And I will always press for more for my money. But I'm also realistic. When someone like GM wants to beef up one of its cars to match the supercars in terms of performance, they will. There's no way the exotic manufacturers can compete. So really the question should be reversed. Why isn't the Plastic mess-06 better. Why aren't the main stream manufacturers giving us more for our money?

One thing GM can't do is give u exclusivity. Something different. Something you won't see parked on every corner. The only thing that amazes me is that the Plastic mess-06 and other super car wannabee's from GM don't eclipse the exotics. Given their huge advantages in terms of R & D and amortization of costs they should. After all none of those cars on the list are far off the Plastic mess-06. And many of them are mid way through there life cycle now.

Would you ask Armani why his suits cost 10x the price of department store suit?

Dude, lets be even more accurate, Lamborghini has NEVER EVER made a profit. These cars are a labor of love and a DREAM to SOME DAY turn a profit. You think they charge a lot now? They'd have to double the price at least to start making money.

Lambo will never have the R&D budget of GM. Even if they did they would never recoup anywhere near what GM will from the POS (Despite charging 3x the price of the POS).

I tried to tell him that, but he for some reason has this idea that Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Merecedes, etc have more money than GM to invest. GM may have been in the red over the last few quarters, but they have huge cash reserves.

It is a shame i have been away all day otherwise this thread would not have lasted this long.I guess Jason the 1st doesn't understand english or doesn't take me seriously.

Nobody here cares the Plastic mess-06.We are sick of reading about it and of the endless discussions about the car.

BYE BYE Jason.You were warned

OK,

You guys win. I just wanted to talk about it. I think it's interesting.

Sorry.

jason 1st,

Forget it. They are the ones that don't understand. If another car comes along that puts a hurting on a Lamborghini, out come the excuses, and quotes like "...you must have ego problems...", ad infinitum.

OK,

You guys win. I just wanted to talk about it. I think it's interesting.

Sorry.

jason 1st,

Forget it. They are the ones that don't understand. If another car comes along that puts a hurting on a Lamborghini, out come the excuses, and quotes like "...you must have ego problems...", ad infinitum.

How come the only ones who UNDERSTAND are the non owners?

We understand just fine,we just are sick of hearing the same thing over and over again and just in case you didn't read my previous thread closely,WE DON'T CARE.POINT BLANK.END OF DISCUSSION