Ok now we know what we are dealing with the new Z06.

Allan-Herbie

And please guys,

Let's keep this thread short.It has been discussed so many times.We know the ZO6 is fast and is built like shit and is good value for the money and is not exclusive etc etc etc.

Allan

Stop it man.We have better things to talk about :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:

Pops, dont get your panties ruffled. I only posted dyno numbers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And please guys,

Let's keep this thread short.It has been discussed so many times.We know the ZO6 is fast and is built like shit and is good value for the money and is not exclusive etc etc etc.

Allan

Stop it man.We have better things to talk about :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:

Pops, dont get your panties ruffled. I only posted dyno numbers.

This is your last warning son.You post more crap about ZO6 i am banning you.I couldn't care less about the dyno.You open up the can of worms every time and boy are there a lot of worms :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't get where the pos comes into effect, there are bad apples in every car line now and then.

I'm not refering to one car, but overal build quality. Your right though, they seem like a good deal when you consider bang for the buck, but I don't like the level of quality. Plus I know that others have mentioned it here before, but I just don't like the fact that you will see yourself on the road at least 10 or 15 times a day.

I understand what your saying.

Ok Guys,

Until we can get some tuning software Cold air induction or slide a new cam in this car we are at some sort of a limit.

And I mean "Some Limit". This is more than we ever thought possible. We have a total of 71 miles on the car now.

REDLINE OIL's President Tim Kerrigan is the owner of this car. So there was no question that we were going to change the fluids to REDLINE. We changed the engine oil to Redline 5w-30. We changed the trans fluid to Redline D4 ATF, and the rear end got 75/90 gear lube with redline friction additive.

I then put about 2 miles on the car and pulled it back on the dyno.

(the car went to the dyno all by itself without me touching the wheel)

We gave it a cool down period and did some pulls.

The results are that we have hit a new high of:

492.2 rwhp 472.3 rwtq

The results that this new Plastic mess-06 that GM has put out are nothing short of fantastic. The scary part is that it will probably get better with some proper break in miles. We did over 10 miles of dyno roller time which is usually very good break in time.

The other realization is the fact that when everyone gets LS-7 edit tuning software the bar will again be raised. how much, without going into the engine? I don't know. Of course the usual mods like cam and porting the heads, ported throttle bodies, cold air intakes etc will reap many advances.

I am looking forward to the arrival of my own Plastic mess-06 so i can be a little more unforgiving with the parts we deem R & D parts. My car will be the "Mule" where we will find out what works ( I will have the cam of the week) and then we can impliment them in our customer cars.

Further clarification and my thoughts

the air filter was removed but it was removed from the last posted numbers also.

I have to say that I attribute some of the gains over the 2 days and 22 dyno runs to break in and PCM learning. But regardless, the final numbers are incredible.

We looked at the timing with the tech 2 and the timing dropped to 21 degrees during the runs we recorded. Edit tuning will solve some problems and send this car to a new level again.

I hope I can clarify these results. I also know that the baseline from cars with miles on them should be much better.

--This post was taken from the owner of LG Motorsports after installing Headers, cats with 3" diameters, and taking out the air filter.

Which is 580 hp at the crank with a 18% drivetrain loss.