Ok now we know what we are dealing with the new Z06.

Allan-Herbie

A few weeks ago, when I discussed the Plastic mess-06 v. the Gallardo, you were all over me like white on rice. NOW you think it's an OK car ???

MY take: Lookswise :vom: Performancewise :thumb

P.S. I too like the rear fender flares.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get where the pos comes into effect, there are bad apples in every car line now and then. I would take it for the money, even given some of its shortcomings. But I still hate the nose/headlights :vom:

I like it.

For the money, thats a hell of a bargain. Even if the interior comes straight from a cobalt (i dont know, just assuming based on previous years with cavalier interior)

is it much quicker then Murcielago?

from 0-60, no.

from 60-100, yes by a second

but from 100-150 they are roughly equal

the new murcielago will eat this thing alive.

from 0-60, no.

Yeah for $200,000 more.

from 0-60, no.

Yeah for $200,000 more.

ya but if you are wealthy enough to afford a murcielago, why would you buy a POS over it? what does the POS have that the murcielago doesnt?

from 0-60, no.

Yeah for $200,000 more.

Whats price got to do with it?

I don't get where the pos comes into effect, there are bad apples in every car line now and then.

I'm not refering to one car, but overal build quality. Your right though, they seem like a good deal when you consider bang for the buck, but I don't like the level of quality. Plus I know that others have mentioned it here before, but I just don't like the fact that you will see yourself on the road at least 10 or 15 times a day.

Solid numbers.

Headers, a mild cam, a tune and a 100 shot=lots of pain for people on the street.

And someone brought up traction: youre right, not much tire on the back. When you get up past a certain amount of power, the compound and the flex in the sidewall starts to matter as much as the width. A set of blinging 325/30 R19s arnt optimal for a rocketship launch off a stoplight. Spin city.

However, the tall gearing is going to offset this to some extent. Apparently if you nidge the redline, you can hit 60 in 1st, and long gearing will certainly help the car hook up.

Again with the POS/Lambo debate? :roll:

And Nima, I told you last week that 18.4 time you keep quoting for the Murcie is badly off. Even an SV would have trouble hitting that, there's no way the far heavier Murcie could. It's in the low to mid 19s.

There is no doubt the new Plastic mess-06 is fast. Very fast. Lambo is in trouble, Ferrari is in the shitter.

Exactly. It's not like every POS-head should be over here lauding the Plastic mess-06 over Lamborghini, not when nothing Ferrari or Porsche makes is within range either.

Plus, when is enough enough? Hey a new Hayabusa came out last year that puts a beatdown on Lamborghini too, for just $15k. Oh noes!!!! What do we do now!!!!!!

We're living in an age where horsepower is a phone call away and is easily obtained. So many performance shops in Southern California alone that you can't take a piss without the splash hitting three of them. It's easy to get, therefore not a consideration anymore. If power is the only measurement, then lets all go buy a Viper TT and be done with it.

Enough. No P-Car, F-Car, or L-Car owner would trade his "slower" ride for the Plastic mess-06. That settles that.

There is no doubt the new Plastic mess-06 is fast. Very fast. Lambo is in trouble, Ferrari is in the shitter.

Where does that leave porsche, building SUV's? :shock: #-o :lol:

No P-Car, F-Car, or L-Car owner would trade his "slower" ride for the Plastic mess-06. That settles that.

I wouldn't trade any car I have or have had for a corvette. The funny thing is that every time I get near a new one, I try to be objective, but I always start laughing the more I look at the car, no joke.

I wouldn't trade any car I have or have had for a corvette.  The funny thing is that every time I get near a new one, I try to be objective, but I always start laughing the more I look at the car, no joke.

I do too, particularly the C5. When I see one I try to keep it unbiased, take a nice look, but I instantly start thinking of the various POS boards we've gotten into some very funny battles with, and the crazy near-illiterate posts in response to our flames, and I picture some mullet-having budweister chugging nascar fan getting out of it to try and choke me to death...hahahahah I'm laughing right now!

The C6Z06 is far nicer than any of the shitboxes Chevy produced previously, and I wouldn't be opposed to having one as a fourth or fifth car. But not in place of any Lambo, Porsche, or even say an Aston Martin.

It's simply not on that level, I don't care if it comes with interstellar warp drive.

Well, its evolution. The new Murci will no doubt be faster, so will the Gallardo because of cars like these. Its better for everyone. The Plastic mess-06 is nice, but, they will look like all the others. If i wanted pure speed, id just buy a Viper SRT, and throw on a Pxton 7psi kit. Completely reliable, i think the kit is less than 10K, buy a slightly used Viper, and for the price of a Plastic mess-06, i wont see myself coming and going.

But not in place of any Lambo, Porsche, or even say an Aston Martin.

Don't get me started with Aston Martin tonight. I drove my wifes car for the first time in three months only to find the passengers side foot well full of water (where the fuses and the ECU's are of course) and the transmision stuck in 4th gear. Of course the car has never spent the night outside and has been sitting in the garage for months w/o being used....

Don't get me started with Aston Martin tonight. I drove my wifes car for the first time in three months only to find the passengers side foot well full of water (where the fuses and the ECU's are of course) and the transmision stuck in 4th gear. Of course the car has never spent the night outside and has been sitting in the garage for months w/o being used....

Haha, well guess my wife wont be getting an Aston!

Don't get me started with Aston Martin tonight.  I drove my wifes car for the first time in three months only to find the passengers side foot well full of water (where the fuses and the ECU's are of course) and the transmision stuck in 4th gear.  Of course the car has never spent the night outside and has been sitting in the garage for months w/o being used....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you questioning the impecable attention to detail and overall ability level of British auto mfgs???

SURELY NOT! :mrgreen:

You know the brits invented the first vehicle anti-theft device?

Every time the humidity gets higher than 15% the fcuking car wont start....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm thinking about having it towed to the dealer and putting in an insurance claim. During the heavy rains from the recent storms, I left my boxster outside only to find the car the next day with almost 3 inches of water above the floormats. I took it to the dealer and they wrote a $9k estimate on the car. And to think I left the boxster outside and the Aston inside!

You are pretty funny for an Attorney.That is an awsome line :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And please guys,

Let's keep this thread short.It has been discussed so many times.We know the ZO6 is fast and is built like shit and is good value for the money and is not exclusive etc etc etc.

Allan

Stop it man.We have better things to talk about :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

i remember the bumper sticker on a vintage Jag:

"the parts falling off this car are of the finest british craftsmanship"