Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery?

gmendoza

My sister wrecked my Camaro, so while looking for a cheap daily driver, I came across a 928. I loved the way the car drove. I just had to have a 928 as a DD. I had almost given up on a 928 after looking and being dissapointed by every local 928 advertized due to their condition. Then I came across by accident a very clean '89 928. The rest is history.

DSCF8965.jpg

DSCF8967.jpg

DSCF8973.jpg

DSCF8972.jpg

DSCF8971.jpg

DSCF8969.jpg

DSCF8970.jpg

DSCF8978.jpg

DSCF8977.jpg

DSCF8976.jpg

DSCF8975.jpg

My coworkers joke around that my hobby is collecting old Porsches; they may be on to something. :help:

Thats funny. I was just telling my wife the otherday that I wouldnt mind having a super clean 928! Awesome car, and congrats and please thank your sister for wrecking that hideous camaro!

Fantastic looking car! I found working on a 928 a lot of fun actually. Tight in the engine bay, but come clutch time not so bad. Really cool cars. That sound! OHHHH THAT SOUND!

Esprit, 928 and 930. That is a happy garage! :)

I got my wife a red 1988 928 S4.. It had GTS cams, autoauthority chip... some other stuff.... I loved it.. car had like 24K miles, RUF rims... I loved it.. Wife hated it

Solution - give wife different car, drive 928, problem solved :)

Thanks again guys!

I got my wife a red 1988 928 S4.. It had GTS cams, autoauthority chip... some other stuff.... I loved it.. car had like 24K miles, RUF rims... I loved it.. Wife hated it

How long ago was this?

The odo on that car was turned back at least once a year before you got it. The car had tons and tons of mods though.

The odo on that car was turned back at least once a year before you got it. The car had tons and tons of mods though.

Ha.. I figured as much.. I never trust mechanical speedo miles.. It was in great shape though and ran great!

Ha.. I figured as much.. I never trust mechanical speedo miles.. It was in great shape though and ran great!

That car was felix's baby, the original owner gave it to him in exchange for maintaining his other porsches when it was near new.

Great car, great collection....congrats!

I got a chance to drive an '89 S4....very cool car.

BTW, what year was your Camaro?

Thanks. It was '98 z28 convertible.

That car was felix's baby, the original owner gave it to him in exchange for maintaining his other porsches when it was near new.

Ya I think something like that.. I paid like 24K for it.. traded it back to them, they gave me I think 22k towards a 91 NSX for 30K... Wife drove the NSX for 2 years and we sold that for 29K..

Ya I think something like that.. I paid like 24K for it.. traded it back to them, they gave me I think 22k towards a 91 NSX for 30K... Wife drove the NSX for 2 years and we sold that for 29K..

Did Brian sell it to you?

Thanks. It was '98 z28 convertible.

Maybe out of the box they aren't spectacular (esp. compared to some other cars you have), but I know these cars do well in the autocross circuit with minimal mods.

Coupes at least....convertible might be different story. :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Some may remember from my 930 thread where I mentioned I really wanted some Folger wheels for it. Well I bought some but the offset was all wrong for the 930 but the fit the 928 just fine. What do you guys think?

DSCF8991.jpg

DSCF8992.jpg

DSCF8984.jpg

DSCF8995.jpg

DSCF8985.jpg

DSCF8986.jpg

DSCF8988.jpg

DSCF8989.jpg

Maybe out of the box they aren't spectacular (esp. compared to some other cars you have), but I know these cars do well in the autocross circuit with minimal mods.

Coupes at least....convertible might be different story. :icon_mrgreen:

I autocross my convertible a few times. It did well.