Another aventador breakdown

phoenix

I know one that went bang in a big way within 20 miles of collection. It happens in all cars i don't think anyone should panic yet.

Not good but I'd much rather see a Lamborghini that simply breaks down without drama than a Ferrari that just bursts into flames.

Not for the price of one. And not when Audi has their hand in almost everything Lambo does. If this were 1985 or even 1995 I'd say fine. But when Lambo's flagship becomes something as "engineered" as the Aventador - without the superlative wings and actually trying to be taken seriously - this shit is unacceptable. I'd expect it from a small boutique manufacturer like Pagani or Koenigsegg.

Not for the price of one. And not when Audi has their hand in almost everything Lambo does. If this were 1985 or even 1995 I'd say fine. But when Lambo's flagship becomes something as "engineered" as the Aventador - without the superlative wings and actually trying to be taken seriously - this shit is unacceptable. I'd expect it from a small boutique manufacturer like Pagani or Koenigsegg.

I'm okay with a pricey car going "bang" so long as it rarely happens. With the delays, there aren't that many of these suckers actually on the road. We've got the story from Alan (true or not...) and we have this dude (what are the odds?), and we have the guy in this thread knowing of one that went down after 20 miles.

I would have to say, the odds don't look good. These cars can't have more than a few thousand miles on them. How are they going to survive 50k+ as they should?

welcome to the perils of buying a first year production car.

I've had a lot of first year production cars, including the 458 Italia with all the "burst into flames" issues. Never were there as many major breakdowns this early on (including bursting into flames).

Such is a peril of buying a Lamborghini.

I've had a lot of first year production cars, including the 458 Italia with all the "burst into flames" issues. Never were there as many major breakdowns this early on (including bursting into flames).

Such is a peril of buying a Lamborghini.

Would love to know the exact total of 458s that had to have major warranty repair work done in year one, worldwide, which you're implying you somehow have access to.

PS - Ironic that we're talking about this today, after $6.6M worth of exotic cars just burned to the ground this morning in the Ritz Carlton Paris (garage).

ALL of these cars have been prone to this behavior, both Ferrari and Lambo alike, and choosing one of the other and claiming that it somehow only happens to the rival company is short-sighted.

Infant mortality in a first edition of a small production supercar? I don't think it's that far off base for expectations. These aren't six sigma engineered Japanese production accords.

Infant mortality in a first edition of a small production supercar? I don't think it's that far off base for expectations. These aren't six sigma engineered Japanese production accords.

:iamwithstupid:

Agree. You want space-shuttle speed you'd better be ready for space-shuttle complexity.

Plus overall it's MUCH better now than it was 20 or even 10 years ago, let's not forget.

Agree. You want space-shuttle speed you'd better be ready for space-shuttle complexity.

Plus overall it's MUCH better now than it was 20 or even 10 years ago, let's not forget.

Still, Audi released a whole video bragging about quality:p

Still, Audi released a whole video bragging about quality:p

German Quality=lol

Italian quality= lol lol lol lol

German Quality=lol

Italian quality= lol lol lol lol

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It's funny because not that long ago Audi was considered the red-headed step sister of the "German luxury brands" in America, one that you only bought if you couldn't afford a BMW or Mercedes. It wasn't even a test drive consideration as you shopped for a new super sedan a decade ago.

Now they compete head to head and are killing it in sales, but the old niggling quality concerns still remain. A friend just bought a new A8, guess what failed on it first...of course, the pop up f-ing NAV motor that raises the screen.

Little shit like that they just can't seem to get right.

Hell, it's not like BMW is any paragon of quality either, but compared to Audi they're bulletproof...

If you guys don't think that this happens with EVERY SINGLE MANUFACTURER, you are crazy. I have seen it with every car that likely every one of you have bought, or at least heard about it. Some manufacturers are just better at covering it up. Even with the 458 friends.

If you guys don't think that this happens with EVERY SINGLE MANUFACTURER, you are crazy. I have seen it with every car that likely every one of you have bought, or at least heard about it. Some manufacturers are just better at covering it up. Even with the 458 friends.

Well, stuff always goes wrong. Popup nav screens, my 997.2's engine needed replacement when one of the cylinders decompressed. Really tons of things, Maserati's more or less have permanent service lights on for whatever reason.

But it's different when a car just flat out stops on you. That really sucks. Most other "niggling" quality concerns are laughable, like dashboard trim on Aston Martins coming loose, etc. Even when my engine was replaced, the car didn't stop, it simply deactivated a cylinder.

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable driving a car through the desert (which is quite common if you live in the CA area) or into the snow during off hours if there's a risk of it flat out stopping on you. Plenty of people have died from getting stuck in the snow, let alone having their car just flat out stop on them in the snow.

I can deal with niggling problems, odd engine sounds, transmission hiccups, but for a car to just flat out stop after a month of operation is a pretty major problem.

It seems far more insidious than Ferraris "bursting into flames." It ended up just being some tape that could be swapped out. I doubt these Lamborghini breakdowns are so easily fixed as swapping some tape for a metal piece.

Well, stuff always goes wrong. Popup nav screens, my 997.2's engine needed replacement when one of the cylinders decompressed. Really tons of things, Maserati's more or less have permanent service lights on for whatever reason.

But it's different when a car just flat out stops on you. That really sucks. Most other "niggling" quality concerns are laughable, like dashboard trim on Aston Martins coming loose, etc. Even when my engine was replaced, the car didn't stop, it simply deactivated a cylinder.

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable driving a car through the desert (which is quite common if you live in the CA area) or into the snow during off hours if there's a risk of it flat out stopping on you. Plenty of people have died from getting stuck in the snow, let alone having their car just flat out stop on them in the snow.

I can deal with niggling problems, odd engine sounds, transmission hiccups, but for a car to just flat out stop after a month of operation is a pretty major problem.

It seems far more insidious than Ferraris "bursting into flames." It ended up just being some tape that could be swapped out. I doubt these Lamborghini breakdowns are so easily fixed as swapping some tape for a metal piece.

Dear Sir,

Sorry for reposting this response, but after much research you are our ideal candidate. Pardon the redundancy of this post, but we are approaching lunch and they only ordered one pizza for the whole office.

Look it's completely obvious you hate your Aventador and made the wrong choice. I'll gladly relieve you of your burden and take it off your hands. Your message has come in a very timely situation as I have been authorized by her Royal Highness Queen of Nigeria to purchase your car and rid you of your burden. I have been designated an off shore escrow account to purchase your Aventador. I will wire the money to you and upon delivery to me and my impoverished (impoverished as we have no Aventadors to speak of) state your funds will clear. Her Majesty has appointed me with this task in order to free the world of buyers regret concerning the purchase of first year production cars. Please respond in a timely fashion as we have been overwhelmed by buyers as yourself and being a small principality our funds are limited. I'll send you the shipping information as soon as I hear from you, please don't forget to include your wire instructions.

Takes Care,

Suq Mahdiq

Appointed by HRQ of Nigeria

Formally of the Kony children's fund

Only one charge of wire fraud (it's only a misdemeanor)

welcome to the perils of buying a first year production car.

Looks like our phoenix friend gets really hung-up on "bursting into flames". Hmmm, phoenix + flames :eusa_think: :lol2:

When Lambo had their "private" showing of this thing, Roy and I went and had a few (a lot) of drinks after and the first thing we both said was there is no way in hell I would buy the first year of production of this car. It was common knowledge that they had rushed it into production and there was so much new equipment and electronics that you just knew it would be a problematic nightmare.

All new cars go through a teething process, only ones that are improperly funded (Lamborghini) by their incredibly rich parent (VAG) have more problems than most.

When Lambo had their "private" showing of this thing, Roy and I went and had a few (a lot) of drinks after and the first thing we both said was there is no way in hell I would buy the first year of production of this car. It was common knowledge that they had rushed it into production and there was so much new equipment and electronics that you just knew it would be a problematic nightmare.

All new cars go through a teething process, only ones that are improperly funded (Lamborghini) by their incredibly rich parent (VAG) have more problems than most.

I would wait for the update like they did with the Gallardo in 06.

We've seen our first engine/transmission out. Actually not a big issue in itself. Just a leak. :) The ISR transmission was pretty cool to see up close.

post-1638-1331744272_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1331744280.jpg

post-1638-1331744287.jpg

"without the superlative wings and actually trying to be taken seriously"

WTF ??? It's exactly this that has given them the kudos they have.............mad as hell.

Plus they are clearly aware of the importance of this looking at the last two models.........the 670 SV & the Avent.....both turned up to 11 after the more mainstream Murcie...

Missiles and sharks teeth on the next one please... :icon_mrgreen: