Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whatchu gonna do.....

ToofDoc

Got pulled over couple of days ago blown by a cop going 82 MPH in a 40 PMH zone, took him a little bit to catch up, but of course I saw the lights, I slowed down and stopped.

Cop: Where you going driving that fast

Me: I live right up the street from here, how fast was I going

Cop: I clocked you going 82 MPH in a 40 MPH zone. Registration and DL please

Me: Here you go sir, yeah, I'm not going to contest that, when I'm in this thing, it just goes!

Cop: Well, I like to go 82 MPH in that car too, but there a place and time for that. What does one do to drive one of these cars

Me: I'm ToofDoc

Cop: Well, ToofDoc, I'll be right back

a minute later

Cop: Well Dr. Toofdoc, I'm going to let you off on a warning, if I give you a ticket with double the speed limit, you will have a mandatory magistrate meeting! I will go ahead and inform the dispatch that it was an UFO sighting!

Then he goes on about the car....

Cop: Is it an automatic or stick shift

Me: It's neither, it's paddle shifter so it's a little of both

Cop: What year is it

Me: (thinking, you have my car registration right in your hand) It's a 2009

By this time, I had an audience of 4 to 5 spectators standing around, I pulled over in a residential street.

Cop: Well, try to go close to the speed limit and have a safe night

Me: Thanks officer Frankenberg!

Cop walks away from my car to go back to his car. He goes into his patrol car, then I shouted out of my window..

"Sir, Sir!"

Cop walks out of his patrol car and said....

"What can I do for you?"

Me: do you mind taking a picture of me getting pulled over by you with my cell phone?

Cop: You can do anything you like

Cop takes my iPhone and snap a pic

The whole pulled over experience took about 10 minutes and he was cool about the whole thing! My windshield tint was illegal, my tint everywhere was illegal, my G does not have a state inspection sticker, and I blown pass by a police car.....very lucky!

I here submit exhibit A

photo.jpg

way to anticipate the "pics or didnt happen" replies.

well played sir.

well played.

It is so nice when you run into (or blow by :icon_mrgreen: ) cops like that, really makes me respect them more then the cops that want to act all high and mighty.

Cool story, and I love that picture.

I had a run in with an officer last week and my story does not sound anything like yours :(

You must not had "blown pass" him fast enough to impress him! :eusa_think:

106 in a 65, Im positive I impressed him

Oh..yes you did! A little too much, I see! Hope you still have your DL!

why this happen, cause you a ToofDoc. Now he will show up at your practice for some fine dental work!

Great story!

Great story! I wish my cop was as nice and I wish I had asked for a photo too! Congrats on getting by with a warning only.

Some how I'm thinking NoseDoc and EarDoc is the same person since ear, nose & throat (ENT) is the same specialty! :eusa_think: :eusa_think: :eusa_think: and only has 1 post in this thread.

Roll call: EarDoc, NoseDoc, ToofDoc and of course EyeDoc. Am I missing any Docs out there?

uhm... me

:icon_thumleft:

Ha! Glad you got off with just a warning. I've been there when we didn't get off with a warning (paging DoctaM3) and I've been there when we have (thank you nice lady cop from University of Pittsburgh).

What I've learned is that it seems like the Cop has made up their mind before they even walk up to the car. The 3 times I have been pulled over I approached the officers the exact same way and once I was let off with a warning (stop sign) twice I have I had to go to court; Unsafe Conditions dropped to Disobeying a Traffic Control Device and Reckless Driving thrown out. Out of the 3 the Stop Sign was 100% legit and I should have had them throw the book at me. Was honest with the office and she let me off with a "keep your record clean" speech.