SLR horrible accident

porshh

Don't have much information about this accident, however, i was told the driver with 22 years old passed away right after the accident (accident accured less than 12 hours ago).

post-8623-1216111975_thumb.jpg

post-8623-1216112009_thumb.jpg

post-8623-1216112023_thumb.jpg

post-8623-1216112032_thumb.jpg

post-8623-1216112043_thumb.jpg

post-8623-1216112052_thumb.jpg

post-8623-1216112061_thumb.jpg

Oh dear... That is one horrible accident, indeed. RIP

Where did it happen? In Qatar?

yes, it actually happened today early am hours Qatar time

oh my god...! RIP....

I really want to know how it borke into a thousand pieces????

oh my god...! RIP....

I really want to know how it borke into a thousand pieces????

pieces were scattered for over 400m=1/4mile!!!! maybe 340km/h can do this?

RIP. At those speeds you have no chance of survival. Possibly went airborne and flipped, or just lost control and went off road.

:shock:

Definitely a vmax run gone bad. RIP

The CF tub held up well, but the SLR must have caught air and flipped end to end. The debris pattern looks similar to an airplane crash!

The CF tub held up well, but the SLR must have caught air and flipped end to end. The debris pattern looks similar to an airplane crash!

I don't think the SLR would flip over solely because of speed, it is a better car than that. Maybe he encountered some kind of bump in the road and that made it flip at high speed.

:iamwithstupid:

RIP

Oh that's horrible!

BTW, where is the police/investigators? In so many crash scenes from the middle east you see people strolling around the accident scene touching stuff and moving them around, but rarely any police etc :eusa_think:

Obviously the car was more than he could handle. Very sad to see a young person die with so much to live for.Can't imagine what his parents are going through. These photos are very disturbing and make me quite sad. Reminds me when I was 19 and saw one of my closest friends get decapitated from a motorcycle accident.

Oh that's horrible!

BTW, where is the police/investigators? In so many crash scenes from the middle east you see people strolling around the accident scene touching stuff and moving them around, but rarely any police etc :eusa_think:

these photos were taken hours after the accident, i doubt they will keep a police officer to secure what was left from the car!

I don't think the SLR would flip over solely because of speed, it is a better car than that. Maybe he encountered some kind of bump in the road and that made it flip at high speed.

:iamwithstupid:

QUOTE(RyanRo24 @ Jul 15 2008, 03:17 PM)

Drive like a dumbass and shit happens. You get what you deserve IMO.

No one deserves to die...

:iamwithstupid: Poor comment IMO. You do not know what happened, could have been a tire failure. If that was the case was he a dumbass? Or does shit just happen? Yes there is big risk traveling at those speeds. Did he accept those risks fully knowing the consequences more than likely not. But did he deserve to die IMO No especially if it was mechanical in nature. I'm not condoning risky behavior, but do feel sympathy for the loss of life may he RIP.

these photos were taken hours after the accident, i doubt they will keep a police officer to secure what was left from the car!

Placid was referring to the way a car crash of this magnitude would investigated in the west. Over here, the site would be secured with caution tape, and professional crash investigators called in to determine speeds, cause of crash, etc.

Drive like a dumbass and shit happens. You get what you deserve IMO.

Don't try to sound tough and be a dick. If you think you deserve to die for driving a car fast you shouldnt be anywhere near an exotic car website or even claiming to be an enthusiast. The accident was in the early morning so I doubt he was weaving inbetween other cars so he wasnt putting anyone else in danger. Besides, at the speeds it looks like he was traveling I don't think anyone would even try that. He was just doing what that car does best, and unfortunatly something went wrong. I don't think he deserved to die, no.

Don't try to sound tough and be a dick. If you think you deserve to die for driving a car fast you shouldnt be anywhere near an exotic car website or even claiming to be an enthusiast. The accident was in the early morning so I doubt he was weaving inbetween other cars so he wasnt putting anyone else in danger. Besides, at the speeds it looks like he was traveling I don't think anyone would even try that. He was just doing what that car does best, and unfortunatly something went wrong. I don't think he deserved to die, no.
He didn't say the guy deserved to die because he was driving an exotic. He said you do stupid shit and things like that can happen to you, and I fully agree. Darwinism at work.

Damn!!! RIP!!! Like I said on my SLR , all of a sudden it developed a huge bubble on the inside tire... gotta be carefull.