FS: Rolex Daytona SS Black Dial--CHEAP!!!

Stryke

It's on my website under inventory specials.  $9,695 shipped and insured in the US.

Thats too much for a used watch.

Yeah, wouldn't step up to 3500 over sticker. I guess I will have to wait until someone will retail a new one to me. Very nice watch though, just the way I would have ordered it.

CHEAP?! I paid just under $7k for mine last april in SF. I've only worn it 4 times, anybody want to give me $10k?

I sell at least 3 a month at $10,500. In fact, I sold this one to a customer at $10,250 and he traded it back to me after wearing it once. If you feel it is not for you, no problem, but don't judge others because the market dictates pricing. I pay mid 9's for them all day long.

but don't judge others because the market dictates pricing.  I pay mid 9's for them all day long.

Stryke, I hope you didn't take offense because none was intended. I guess the reaction is to the market not to you or your store. Nice site BTW.

None taken. I understand the frustration with a product selling over MSRP but people have the false pressumption that I buy them at list and make $3,000 on them. I only wish. I often pay $9,500+ for them and really only deal Daytona's to keep customers happy. There's really no money in them. This one I took back to help my customer out of it since he is trading it for a new watch. The Daytona didn't appeal to him the way he had hoped. He only wore it once. :)

Early in 2005 they decided to listen to all the complaints of people having a hard time reading the time on a Daytona due to poor contrast between the dial and hands. They widened the hands and made them "fatter" in order to give them more contrast. When buying Daytona's people's first question these days is if they are the "fat hands" version. :)

Early in 2005 they decided to listen to all the complaints of people having a hard time reading the time on a Daytona due to poor contrast between the dial and hands.  They widened the hands and made them "fatter" in order to give them more contrast.  When buying Daytona's people's first question these days is if they are the "fat hands" version. :)

Interesting, I did not know that. And absolutely no offense on the pricing thing, I just can't imagine that they are that hard to get that they still command a huge premium. Glad people can get it though.

Not hard to get at all at market price. Price mis dictated by supply and demand. A guy on 6speed just paid $11K for a new one in SF.

daytona market price is always over msrp,has been around 2-3 years,as gil price is not a bad price for a 2005 daytona.

thanks

Thing I don't rate about the Daytona is that its a $6k watch thats artificially valued at $11k due to demand. You're not 'getting' an $11k watch in my opinion.

Blooming lovely though

You're not getting an $11K watch? Are you getting a $6K watch? Are you getting a $2K watch? What makes the value of it? Is it what a privately held company decides it is worth? Is it the cost of production or is it what you, the consumer, decides it is worth by paying a given price over and over and over and over for many years?

Luxury items have no "value" as regular items. I can get a watch for $100 that tells better time than any automatic. I can also buy a car for $2,000 that gets me to the same place as your lambo. We pay for luxury items because we can and we also know we can resell them.

I agree with Rico AND Stryke. A Daytona is not "worth" $11k by any strecth of the imagination. Nor is it worth $9k. Not even close. Far more compelling time pieces on the market that offer incredible exclusivity and avant-garde looks for that same level of cost.

But as Stryke mentions, something is "worth" what the market will pay for it, and if the market is willing to pay $9k+ for a Daytona, then that's what its cost should be.

You're not getting an $11K watch?  Are you getting a $6K watch?  Are you getting a $2K watch?  What makes the value of it?  Is it what a privately held company decides it is worth?  Is it the cost of production or is it what you, the consumer, decides it is worth by paying a given price over and over and over and over for many years?  

Luxury items have no "value" as regular items.  I can get a watch for $100 that tells better time than any automatic.  I can also buy a car for $2,000 that gets me to the same place as your lambo.  We pay for luxury items because we can and we also know we can resell them.

I just picked one up from Ben Bridge Jewlers, Retail. i guess I was lucky :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just picked one up from Ben Bridge Jewlers, Retail. i guess I was lucky :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I felt just as lucky when I got mine @ retail, but then someone told me that rolex had upped the production and to expect them at retail from now on... :(

Nice Marco, that always feels good. :)