If you really got to have a vector....

abolfaz

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its quite amazing to speak with Kurt, and I think most people here are beginning to realize how much of a true gentleman he really is.... even among the abuse that gets dished out, nothing inflmatory comes from the keyboard on his side.

btw I just found this....

That year he sold a black W8 to famous tennis player Andre Agassi. Since Vectors were hand built, it took time to build one, but Agassi demanded that the company deliver his W8 regardless.

They delivered the car as promised. They told him that he could display it, but warned him not to drive it until the final work was completed. He ignored the warning, though, and drove it hard around his yard. As a result, the car's 600+ hp engine backfired, causing the destruction of the exhaust system and the rear interior.

He complained to Vector Aeromotive, causing Wiegert to give a US$455,000 refund to Agassi so he could avoid any negative publicity from the media. This attempt failed, however. Top Gear published an article comparing Wiegert to Peter Pan and compared the Vector headquarters to Never-Never Land.

Full article:

http://www.answers.com/topic/vector-supercars

hehe, that isn't the story I heard.... in fact, the only thing that seems accurate is that the car wasn't finished, he caused a massive failure, and he demanded his money back... beyond that, the story is very very very mis-informed :P

i've got a lot of reading to catch up on from you, Kurt... I'll give you a ring sometime soon :)

hope things are going well on your side

Cheers

-Isaac

I kinda like that car, interior does look like early 90's GM cars but that's part of the heritage of that car I guess.

I would much rather own a Vector then any Ferrari of that time (excluding F-40).

:D

There is one car (W8!) for sale right now.

Any seriously interested buyer can contact me at: [email protected]

PS:

Hi Kurt . Nice to meet you here.

J

I kinda like that car, interior does look like early 90's GM cars but that's part of the heritage of that car I guess.

I would much rather own a Vector then any Ferrari of that time (excluding F-40).

:D

There is one car (W8!) for sale right now.

Any serious interested buyer can contact me at: [email protected]

PS:

Hi Kurt . Nice to meet you here.

J

Hi J, Whos car do we have for sale? How have you been my friend? Send me an email. Not much new here, just wondering when you are going to find some time to come back here and visit? Hope all is well with you!

Hi J, Whos car do we have for sale?  How have you been my friend? Send me an email. Not much new here, just wondering when you are going to find some time to come back here and visit?  Hope all is well with you!

Actually the white 008 is up for sale and 002 may or may not change hands next week.

We´ll know very soon.

BTW, here are some French Vector forums with loads of photos:

http://www.autotitre.com/forum/Vector-Et-s...t--32390p34.htm

http://www.supercarfrance.com/forum/viewto...t=323&start=300

http://vector.photosgc.com/index.php?sid=1...e380d3abdc9bdec

There is a rare photo of the red W8-003 in this thread: (check out pages 1 and 2!)

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...ighlight=vector

This is the original movie car from "Rising Sun" with Sean Connery and Wesley Snipes

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=vector&model=

In the movie the VECTOR is chased through the night by the police and explodes in a big fire ball.

Its quite amazing to speak with Kurt, and I think most people here are beginning to realize how much of a true gentleman he really is.... even among the abuse that gets dished out, nothing inflmatory comes from the keyboard on his side.

That year he sold a black W8 to famous tennis player Andre Agassi. Since Vectors were hand built, it took time to build one, but Agassi demanded that the company deliver his W8 regardless.

They delivered the car as promised. They told him that he could display it, but warned him not to drive it until the final work was completed. He ignored the warning, though, and drove it hard around his yard. As a result, the car's 600+ hp engine backfired, causing the destruction of the exhaust system and the rear interior.

He complained to Vector Aeromotive, causing Wiegert to give a US$455,000 refund to Agassi so he could avoid any negative publicity from the media. This attempt failed, however. Top Gear published an article comparing Wiegert to Peter Pan and compared the Vector headquarters to Never-Never Land.

Full article:

hehe, that isn't the story I heard.... in fact, the only thing that seems accurate is that the car wasn't finished, he caused a massive failure, and he demanded his money back... beyond that, the story is very very very mis-informed :P

i've got a lot of reading to catch up on from you, Kurt... I'll give you a ring sometime soon :)

hope things are going well on your side

Cheers

-Isaac

Hi Issac. Nice to see you out here too.

Full article:

Not quite accurate, a few items in there are, but very few.  :D  

Hi J, Whos car do we have for sale?  How have you been my friend? Send me an email. Not much new here, just wondering when you are going to find some time to come back here and visit?  Hope all is well with you!

Actually the white 008 is up for sale and 002 may or may not change hands next week.

We´ll know very soon.

BTW, here are some French Vector forums with loads of photos:

There is a rare photo of the red W8-003 in this thread: (check out pages 1 and 2!)

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...ighlight=vector

What is he asking for the car?

We´ll know very soon.

What is he asking for the car?

Check your email.

Well I was wondering about A's car and what ever happened with that transaction. I am actually hoping that it doesnt sell. But that is just because I would like to have it sitting in my garage next to 015.

Well I was wondering about A's car and what ever happened with that transaction. I am actually hoping that it doesnt sell. But that is just because I would like to have it sitting in my garage next to 015.

Then you would have to start saving faster than me ;)

002 would my first candidate, too.

(Besides, would it serve justice if there were two W8s in YOUR garage and none in MINE ? ;) )

Welcome to Vector-Power.com gentlemen. :supz: :partyman:

It's nice to see an exotic that is no longer produced being adored like that by enthusiasts around the world, I guess there was something after all behind the radical and controversial design.

Welcome to Vector-Power.com gentlemen. :supz:  :partyman:

indeed! someone rattled the vector boys cages. :)

ps. vectorfiles... that website you link to is HORRIBLE. popup popup popup "please install this" "your computer is at risk". :butthead: :butthead:

VectorW8015,

Thank you for responding to my post.

I think you are correct about GM and other manufacturers bad mouthing the vector.The vector was using highest quality parts like aerospace technology.

I know Andre Aghasi bought one but he was not happy with it.Can you shed some light into the story?What happened?

When you say 114 octane,do you mean leaded or unleaded?Becaue it's very hard to find 114 octane unleaded.And using 114 leaded could damage the O2 sensors and the cats.Can you explain further.?

Thank you

Tony

Welcome to Vector-Power.com gentlemen. :supz:  :partyman:

indeed! someone rattled the vector boys cages. :)

ps. vectorfiles... that website you link to is HORRIBLE. popup popup popup "please install this" "your computer is at risk". :butthead: :butthead:

Sorry for that.

I started the VECTORfiles website in 1996 and hope to launch a completely new design for the 10th Anniversary in September !

After I had my first ride in a Vector in 1999 I rather focused on tracking down all the cars rather than playing with the design of the website, always hoping to find someone more experienced with website design since I am a computer illiterate.

So please take my apologies for the messy design which was also caused by two removals of the site to a new server.

Each time I lost a lot of links etc.

In the past 10 years I have collected information and memorabilia on VECTOR like noone else on this planet.

If I was to put all the stuff on a website it would fill thousands of pages.

A friend of mine from Switzerland, being a VECTOR nut ,too, has scanned all the international magazine articles on VECTOR from my collection, totalling 1300 pages so far. In the meantime I purchased another 50-100 magazines (from Japan, Europe, Australia, US) plus posters, videos etc etc.

I have seen in person 13 of the 17 existing W8 production cars and driven a few of them. Out of the existing 17 W8 prodcution cars I tracked down 16 of them.

The last one missing is chassis No 011 (the red brochure car) which had been sold to the Middle East in the early 90s and ended up in the Royal Saudi garage.

It would be great to locate the car today.

Any help to find this car is appreciated.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to get any info from Saudi Arabia or even the Royal family.

VECTORW8015 and myself organized the 2003 VECTOR 25th Anniversary Reunion at the 2003 Concorso.

I intend to set up another event with even more Vectors to attend within the next two years.

2008 would mark the 30th Anniversary of the first VECTOR prototype roll out in 1978.

w2protomotos77nologo4xd.th.jpg

This shot shows the mockup car in 1977.

Sorry for that.

I started the VECTORfiles website in 1996 and hope to launch a completely new design for the 10th Anniversary in September !..................

wow, you're certainly a nut for the car. thing is, i didn't even look at the website for more than 10 seconds because of all that ad crap. but yeah, if i had that much of a database of stuff i'd make something useful out of it, be good to have a definitive resource.

Its good to know that there is that much information out there on these vehicles out there still!!!

Im VERY anxiously awaiting the site re-vamping!

i know there were lionks to some other forum threads about the vector posted, but is the vector aeromotiveclub.com site ever coming back? is all the data from that site backed up anywhere? Would be a shame of some of those pics and info from that site were completely lost...

that message board was fun.

shade

Its good to know that there is that much information out there on these vehicles out there still!!!

Im VERY anxiously awaiting the site re-vamping!

i know there were lionks to some other forum threads about the vector posted, but is the vector aeromotiveclub.com site ever coming back? is all the data from that site backed up anywhere? Would be a shame of some of those pics and info from that site were completely lost...

that message board was fun.

shade

For the moment there are no funds for a new VECTORaeromotiveclub.com message board.

In the meantime enthusiasts can follow the French boards:

or this bilingual (French/English speaking) one, by the webmaster of www.300kmh.net:

Ok J the race is on. I am trying to pay off a lot of debt. You better start saving. I was thinking XJ220 next, but if another V-car is available, I may end up like Dr-T and have two in my garage. :)

^^^^^

Kurt, that is just insane... you know... cirtifiably crazy :P

Ever since I first started discussing the W8 with you, I have a massive want for one in my garage too... the car is just so incredible.

and the more i think about it, Yellow seems to come to mind ;)

I heard through the grapevine that one of Jerry's prototype cars might be for sale, in case you guys interested.