If you really got to have a vector....

abolfaz

....The car was a success, but the owner of Vector made a bad decision to allow an investment group to come in, they leveraged their investment in to a hostile takeover. They then proceeded to trash the company and its owner.....

....Vector had standing orders and a long list of buyers by 1992, The hostile takeover destroyed the company, the Indonesians tore the place apart a long ugly battle ensued and the Indonesians ended up moving everything to Florida except the people who built the cars. What they produced was a complete abortion known as the M12 which was given the distinct title of the worst car ever tested in the history of Autoweek.

People who don’t know what actually went on with Vector, associate the M12 abortion with the Vector Aeromotive car company, which it actually was not built by. It was built by Mega Tech LTD. No affiliation what so ever with the original All American Car Company....

It's great chatting with a Vector owner and fellow fan of your knowledge and stature -- thank you very much for sharing your knowledge, experience, and insight into these cars!

I've always been infatuated with the W8's since first laying eyes on a pair of them in a magazine write-up (R&T or MT...can't remember) back in the late 80's IIRC. Would love to see one "in the flesh" one day.

As you previously mentioned earlier (and quoted above), I vividly remember when the Mega Tech takeover occured, as it coincided with Lamborghini USA moving it's headquarters / shipping port to here in Jacksonville, FL (late 80's / early 90's). The first M12 I ever saw was on display at the International Auto Show at Prime Osborne Center (parked next to a Diablo), and it appeared to be in a rather "rough" unfinished form -- and had the Lambo 12-cyl. engine installed.

Then I found out that Mega Tech had set up its production operation just down the road at the Clay Port facility in Green Cove Springs, FL (about 10 miles away). Even though we did a lot of work there at Clay Port, I never got around to paying a visit to the Mega Tech building. People I spoke with around there mentioned that they occasionally saw the cars being tested out on the abandoned airstrip there.

I recall seeing several M12's out and about here in Orange Park and parked at local restaurants, etc. -- they were very hard to miss. Then, around the mid-90's, the cars and Mega Tech sort of vanished.

The W8 is the one that really appeals to me the most, however.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard through the grapevine that one of Jerry's prototype cars might be for sale, in case you guys interested.

Jerry puts a for sale sign on the Avtech cars about once a month. They are never truly for sale for any reasonable amount of money. He usually does it in an attempt to stir interest in one of his more recent projects. Usually Jerry figures if you can entertain buying one of the Prototypes, you have enough money to invest in what ever he is working on. I have seen stranger things happen. He did have PP002 (the last W8 in his possession) He did end up selling that car to someone.

So I wont say it couldn’t happen, its just unlikely. I really like the W8 design a lot better than either of the Avtech cars. I just like the hard-edged styling of the W8, I guess the same way I like the Gallardo. The W8 just has more raw sex appeal than the softer Avtech cars do. But that is just a personal preference on my part.

^^^^^

Kurt, that is just insane... you know... cirtifiably crazy :P

Ever since I first started discussing the W8 with you,  I have a massive want for one in my garage too... the car is just so incredible.

and the more i think about it, Yellow seems to come to mind ;)

If you ever purchase the one Yellow W8 that is out there, I will be more than happy to help restore it back to its former self. Just make sure you get it for a decent price and come prepared to invest some money in her to get her back to what she once was. :)

The yellow Vector W8 will never for sale, owner have too much cash. By the way which is the white Vector used for crash test, and who said I'm selling my car, be gentlement stay off business.

What is amazing to me is that while you have enough cash to properly maintain that car in the appropriate manner, you have taken it to a Hummer dealer to have it worked on. The engine removed from the car and lord knows what kind of parts put back in to it. Last time I checked, the Vector factory did not train any Hummer/Lamborghini/Ferrari mechanics on how to properly rebuild a Vector engine. This is especially perplexing when you live within 150 miles of the only Vector service center on earth and the Engineer who actually brought your car to life. You have spent more money having the car rebuilt/modified at the dealership you took it to than it would have cost to have the car completely restored to perfection by the man who created it. Good money thrown after bad results does not make that a properly maintained car. Send it home to David Kostka.

Claims that it is the fastest Vector out there leave me a little perplexed also, as each Vector W8 from the factory is capable of reaching its top speed factory stock. "Fastest" is not achieved by sheer horsepower and torque numbers. It is a function of Engine RPM and final drive ratio. With 650+Hp from the factory the cars have plenty of power to motivate their 3250lbs to a predetermined top speed. Acceleration is achieved by the amount of horsepower and torque combined with final drive ratio and gearing to achieve faster acceleration. Your car might and I say might very loosely, be slightly quicker than any of the factory stock Vector’s from 0-top speed. But no faster than any of the other Vectors as they came from the factory unless your engine is capable of turning 10,000 RPM. I would love to see a dyno curve on your particular car to see if it is actually producing more or less power than any of the other “factory stock” Vector W8’s.

As for the white car used in the crash test, It was later painted red for the movie Rising Sun and cut apart to accommodate explosion canisters for the crash scene in the movie. Car 003 was utilized for the chase scenes in the movie. It used to sit out behind the Vector Factory Composite Shop after the movie was filmed. When the Indonesians moved everything to Florida they disposed of the car and treated it as scrap. Instead of the piece of movie memorabilia that Vector treated it as.

As for business, 012 was Vector Business long before she traded hands to her 3rd owner.

The yellow Vector W8 will never for sale, owner have too much cash. By the way which is the white Vector used for crash test, and who said I'm selling my car, be gentlement stay off business.

as a strictly got-to-have it factor, not even a black W8 comes close to your? yellow W8 IMHO.

It would be my hope/dream that one day the owner feels it boring, and no longer suitable for thier collection; and at the same time my own funds are sufficiant that I may own her.

this car's history is a faciniating one, to say the least

My money and that is my choiced for those guys worked on my car, same as Wayne his money and also his choiced to have Jose worked on his car. If I decide to put a VW engine on W8 and again that is my choiced. May be Vector is your pride and joy, but to me just another old school toy.

My money and that is my choiced for those guys worked on my car, same as Wayne his money and also his choiced to have Jose worked on his car. If I decide to put a VW engine on W8 and again that is my choiced. May be Vector is your pride and joy, but to me just another old school toy.

Nice

if that were the case, why on earth would you want it? let alone, want to keep it?

...And I thought that beef existed only in the Lambo world... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately not. And just think. This is his outlook on a $448,000 car, just imagine how he treats his $200,000 Gallardo or any car that is less expensive................. :axe:

Unfortunately not. And just think. This is his outlook on a $448,000 car, just imagine how he treats his $200,000 Gallardo or any car that is less expensive................. :axe:

How he threats it is entirely his business but I would expect more respect for a car made in 18 copies only.

It's like keeping an original Picasso painting in your bathroom.. :lol: :lol:

How he threats it is entirely his business but I would expect more respect for a car made in 18 copies only.

It's like keeping an original Picasso painting in your bathroom.. :lol: :lol:

rakjoe, so true, so true........... :vom:

if that were the case, why on earth would you want it? let alone, want to keep it?

Excellent question.

I'm sure he appreciates and greatly enjoys his Vector.. He’s making a point that its his car to do with what he pleases.

I'm sure he appreciates and greatly enjoys his Vector.. He’s making a point that its his car to do with what he pleases.

I dont know Tony, nor is it my place to judge him based on anything but what i have seen him write... which isn't entirely fair.

but when somebody is saying 'mabey the Vector is your pride and joy, its just a toy to me' .... 'my money to do whatever i please' I have to ask "is that really enjoying the car? do you get a kick out of not being able to drive? At that point, its a 1:1 Ricko die cast model IMHO...

i dont see any posts in this thread about him loving his Vector, besides not wanting to sell it because he has plenty of money.

I'd like to be proven wrong :)

Here are some of the documents proving price and specification from Vector Aeromotive Corporation dated 02/25/1991.

1) It's not a $448k car, per Vector price sheet date 02/25/1991 is $250k.

2) Zero to 60 MPH...... 4.2 second, not 3.9.

3) 30 Million Dollars from investers never went into these Vectors, but instead went to their own personal uses like: Luxury RV's, other sports cars, Fancy houses.

4) Think how most of these Vectors ended up in their employees garages?

5) The Vector was never tested for top speed-I don't know any W8's owner that have actually driven top speed.

6) Vector Company refused to supply me with parts, since I declinded investing in their company.

7) Why doesn't the W8's owner like Vector M12? remember this is the Italian forum

8) Yes, parts for vector can be bought off the shelf.( I do have a list of parts, if needed)

All of the above statements are factual and can be proven with documents.

To proven you're wrong...

Firstly why is vectow8015 bad mouthing my car? is there a reason? is it because I declinded investing with them. Did you ever see me looking down in any cars on this forum. Why is vector8015 also bad mouthing about Vector M12's? is not that I don't care about the Vector cars, it just that peoples from the Vector Co.(thieves)

Here are some of the documents proving price and specification from Vector Aeromotive Corporation dated 02/25/1991.

[/qutoe]

While i have no documentation; various research has shown the price when new was thereabouts 440k... why would so many other sources (magazines, and the Intardnet) lie for so many years?

[qutoe]

you ought to know as well as anybody, 0-60 sprints are very dependant on the driver, the weather conditions, and the surface tested on. On day one, over at Milan dragway it could be 3.9 seconds, while in somewhat different conditions over at Martin Dragway it could be 4.1 seconds. Read any current automotive periodical, and you will see 0-60 times varying by nearly .5 seconds, and sometimes even more for the same car.

To proven you're wrong...

Firstly why is vectow8015 bad mouthing my car? is there a reason? is it because I declinded investing with them. Did you ever see me looking down in any cars on this forum. Why is vector8015 also bad mouthing about Vector M12's? is not that I don't care about the Vector cars, it just that peoples from the Vector Co.(thieves)

what does that have to do with you loving your W8?

I do have all and every brochures from Vector Co. and can be fax to you if needed. Do you ever owing a limited production car with out help from their company? because I refused investing in their co.? yes I bought this car is already had problem from day one, it took me almost five years went from shop to anothers and no help from Vector Co. and ton of money into the car. After many headachesand sleepless nights I decided work on the car by myself and with a help of god...Finally I get this car in running condition since 07/2005 and she still run until today.

3) 30 Million Dollars from investers never went into these Vectors, but instead went to their own personal uses like: Luxury RV's, other sports cars, Fancy houses.

4) Think how most of these Vectors ended up in their employees garages?

5) The Vector was never tested for top speed-I don't know any W8's owner that have actually driven top speed.

6) Vector Company refused to supply me with parts, since I declinded investing in their company.

7) Why doesn't the W8's owner like Vector M12? remember this is the Italian forum

8) Yes, parts for vector can be bought off the shelf.( I do have a list of parts, if needed)

All of the above statements are factual and can be proven with documents.

Oh lets play the Vector Documentation game............ Mr Ta, what model year is 012? 1991 or 1992?

Here is the original Vector order sheet for a 1992 W8.........More documents to follow.

I do have all and every brochures from Vector Co. and can be fax to you if needed. Do you ever owing a limited production car with out help from their company? because I refused investing in their co.? yes I bought this car is already had problem from day one, it took me almost five years went from shop to anothers and no help from Vector Co. and ton of money into the car. After many headachesand sleepless nights I decided work on the car by myself and with a help of god...Finally I get this car in running condition since 07/2005 and she still run until today.

And the beat goes on with Road & Track............Pay particular attention to the second paragraph on page 56............. My fictitious numbers seem to repeat themselves.........