my first exotic coming this spring... 1993.5 lotus esprit!

shadeone

:shock: Dammmn that Ebay one looked like an AWESOME deal! I had no idea older Lotus's coudl be had for that cheap! Clean, black w/tan leather and only 44,000 miles for 23k!!!! That would be an AWESOME choice for a first exotic car! :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i know!!!! did you see the amp and cd changer in the trunk?!?! not to mention the nice cpeaker right behind the seat! grrrr! heh

anyways, jjbest bank just got back to me and im pre-approved for another lotus when the right one comes up, but i tihnk im gonna wait till this spring since i gotta save some other money up for my move to vegas next autumn.

shade

1) Go tell the Ferrari owners that your LOTUS has more soul and see how far that gets you.

Funny Story- We did a car show last June for Make A Wish. My wife is working the registration table, and asks a Ferrari Owner (308) If his car was a Lotus. Man he was pissed. I thought is was pretty funny.

Flip side: I went to a car show in September in my Lotus, guy at the registration table wanted to park me with the Pontiac Fiero's. One of the Porsche guys working the show got it sorted out and said he was very sorry about 10 times.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Espri...597303117QQrdZ1

17k miles!!!!! price is a little too steep for me though..

anyways, i just thought of something... why dont more people customize lotuses, they look so good droppeda little with some bigger rims.. this one here, even though its the post-93 style that i dont like as much, this one would be more then enough to stop me dead in my tracks and make me drool:

DraganOgric_01.jpg

its got gazzard adjustable shocks....

shade

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Espri...597303117QQrdZ1

17k miles!!!!! price is a little too steep for me though..

anyways, i just thought of something... why dont more people customize lotuses, they look so good droppeda little with some bigger rims.. this one here, even though its the post-93 style that i dont like as much, this one would be more then enough to stop me dead in my tracks and make me drool:

DraganOgric_01.jpg

its got gazzard adjustable shocks....

shade

I don't know, for some reason most Lotus guys don't like to mod. Ask Allan, he'll tell ya. :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...
heres the x180r:

Hate to drag an older thread up but do you know were that pic was taken? I think that is my old x180r at road atlanta. I loved that car was Zach Zacaludus (sp?) personal old car one of Docs factory co drivers and Doc had signed the dash. Once I find a Gallardo I may put one of my other cars up for sale and get another newer esprit I really like those cars for the price. Good luck on yours a nice start into the exotic game.

• 2 weeks later...

That one on e-bay is a 93 not a 93.5

The 93.5 has the window switches right by the shifter. ( I may be wrong but that was how it was explained to me)

yep, correct! there are a few other differences as well that i have written down at home somewhere... but it doesnt matter to me about teh .5 difference or not.. as long as its open backed without the glass as well as the slightly higher spoiler...

i only want red now. its just traditional to me for sports cars ;)

oh, enzo, i may be purchasing ray kangs car possibly... its only a 1991 but its got REALLY low miles and is pretty immaculate from waht i hear... hes not in the LOON roster anymore but still has the car... who knows, maybe i can find another rear hatch and 1993 wing and "create" my 1993 out of his :)

shade

thanks for the replies guys....

my last car that i just got rid of was a 1964 chevy impala... FOURTY years old :) and boy let me tell you about "money set aside for repairs" lol! every other friggin week with that thing! so yeah im used to it :)

anywho, i kinda figured in the repair/maintnence $$ in my budget and thats half the reason that im stretching my wallet and cant take the step up to the s4... oh well, im getting a lotus and thats all that matters now! im happy!

shade

I love Impalas, and the 64's are really nice. Got any pics and details? Don't bother posting if it's a 4dr. :anal :mrgreen: :finga:

Congrats! You will miss the 64 from time to time but the Lotus is a blast. I was in the same spot as you 1 year ago. Got rid of my 66 Pontiac ragtop for the Lotus and have never looked back.

You must be Pat?

sure! check my website here: http://www.geocities.com/shadeone but its probly unavailable due to high bandwidth usage.. check back every hour if you get that message...

shade

p.s. vinnie is probably lookin at my future lotus as we speak right now! :)

Well I might as well post a few pics, This might be Shades next car :cherry

i dont know but thats one of the first things im gonna adjust... most all of the SE's ive seen that have the s4 rims in plcae of the standards have this little gap....

this guy on this site here: http://www.lotus-esprit-se.de/ added gazzard adjustable coilovers and made it so there is no room to fit even a finger in between the wheel and car.... also his car has 25mm spacers on each wheel to push the wheels out more into the arches... gotta do that too :)

shade

Why one seat with a seat cover??? You should try to get a look under that...

i tihnk vinnie did when he was there and saw that it was in excellent condition or even better then the drivers seat... somthing like that...

shade

The passengers seat is perfect under the cover.

BTW there was a guy with a 87 Esprit taking drivers school at the track today. It was nice but did look dated. The 93.5 looks much fresher

thanks for the replies guys....

my last car that i just got rid of was a 1964 chevy impala... FOURTY years old :) and boy let me tell you about "money set aside for repairs" lol! every other friggin week with that thing! so yeah im used to it :)

anywho, i kinda figured in the repair/maintnence $$ in my budget and thats half the reason that im stretching my wallet and cant take the step up to the s4... oh well, im getting a lotus and thats all that matters now! im happy!

shade

I love Impalas, and the 64's are really nice. Got any pics and details? Don't bother posting if it's a 4dr. :anal :mrgreen: :finga:

Congrats!  You will miss the 64 from time to time but the Lotus is a blast.  I was in the same spot as you 1 year ago. Got rid of my 66 Pontiac ragtop for the Lotus and have never looked back.

You must be Pat?

Yes I'm why? Do we know each other?

Enzo-

Maybe, I’m Chevarri (Jaime) from FC

When I saw the Pontiac Drop-Top and Lotus I knew it was you, I always liked that car and it was nice to see a American classic car owner on that site.

Shadeone-

Love the Impala, its gorgeous, esp the color! My sister has a 64 but no where in the cond of yours is/was, actually at one time it was, but it's been neglected over time (poor car). I'm sure you could tell I'm a fan of lowriders based on my avatar, Bronze 66 Impala Sport Coupe, 327, blah, blah, blah, however the car will have to wait a frame-off like I want but I’ll still get a few things taken care of in the mean time. As far as the 64 went the color looks great, nice choice there, at first I thought it was Roman Red, but upon closer inspection I see it was a custom choice, btw I chuckled when I saw the "shields", nice touch! ;) I saved the pics, def worthy of my HD space (I'm very picky). Did you happen to find the build sheet under the rear seats? They were commonly placed there at the fact. and I think it's a nice Easter egg to find. Were you very active on chevytalk? I was active on CT months ago (6-8) and had been their since 2k1, but I had a fallout with the sites members and their ideologies so I left. It is unfortunate that lowriders are becoming more mainstream, and a lot of enthusiasts deplore the idea of it becoming popular and would rather it stay “underground” so to speak and what to keep the 20’s and bigger wheels away from being assoc w/lowriders. What’s nice to know though is that all the people who are only interested it because it’s mainstream will move onto other things and leaves the cars for ppl who really appreciate them.

update! JJBest approved te loan for the lotus but now i need 20% downpayment.... tomorrow is "skip work and find money" day for me!!!

Suprassing_The_Heavens- didnt find any build sheets... my car was built in janesville wisconsin and they were one of the plants that didnt put any build sheets in cars.. that was more of the west coast plants doing that i believe... i only posted a few times on chevytalk due to their views on lowriders and customizing. more posts on layitlow then anything...

by the way, i work for a place that specializes in early 60's impalas so if ya need anything give me a call... we mainly have stuff for 64 and older but we might have some NOS parts for 66's like yours...

South Side Automotive - 612-727-2404, ask for Jamie (good name huh? lol)

ill keep you guys updated on the lotus situation!!

shade