Roy has a DD on ebay

vmanaktala

I think "vmanaktala" won the contest!

No. Peter2 won the contest. :eusa_dance:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The auction did not end early, it ran its normal time....high bid was 126,100.00

Not exceptable, so still for sale...

My bad, I forgot there was a day between Sat. and Monday. :eusa_wall: Stupid daylight savings time, that little hour must have really messed with my brain. Anyway, I hope you get what you're looking for. And congrats to Peter2!! :eusa_dance:

Sorry, been away for a while. 126 is low, but that appears to be what the bid was. I will post the final standings and PM the winner, I will also post pic of the prize won.

Thanks for playing, and since I need to get some closet space back, More contest will follow

Final Bids and results

Bids

vmanaktala $161,237

abolfaz $155k

red86dd $151K

emilio $160K (additional shipping fee may apply icon_mrgreen.gif )

topcarbon $137,800

terryjoint $172,500

redlambo $157,500

bestman06 $146,279

lambolp400s $117.800

dengordon7 $157,300

Isleroman $148,100

Ray G $163,000

samuel930 $147,000

Greg-Z $135K

Tony_lambo $146k

Lambo4ever $173k

chrisbarbers $153,999.97

enzo1317 $158,500

Phat Doung $140K

Peter 2 $134,100

Early Cat $142K

Looks like Peter 2 Won. If I would have stayed with my 1st bid, I would of had it :icon_mrgreen:

Peter 2 Pm me your address and I will mail you your Prize

Thanks everyone for playing.

post-1977-1173841236_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did this car ever sell? Looks good and does run strong, but what the seller is not saying on

his list is that this car suffered serious crash. Went off road and hit a fence! should have let it sell

for the 125,000 bid ebay. My fiend had pictures in of it in shop but they are not digital so can't post.

I did hear repairs turned out good for Steve. Must consider all facts.

but what the seller is not saying on

his list is that this car suffered serious crash. Went off road and hit a fence! Just consider all facts.

Did you expect any less?

Did you expect any less?

why are you such a dick?

All you do is badmouth Roy. We know you don't like him, we also don't care. You've made your point, so just shut your mouth now.

why are you such a dick?

All you do is badmouth Roy.

I'm a dick? I make noise when this guy is selling "story" cars and I'm the bad guy? Moderators, from now one whenever a member calls out a "Cats Special" change their title to DICK.

I'm a dick? I make noise when this guy is selling "story" cars and I'm the bad guy? Moderators, from now one whenever a member calls out a "Cats Special" change their title to DICK.

Guys,

Let keep this civil. Or the thread will be closed and the offending parties dealt with.

Thanks,

Vinnie

by keeping it Civil, I mean no name calling. Any information about this Countach or any other that is for sale is good for the community and is welcome here,

But name calling including calling others "a dick" ect will not be tolerated.

The truth on this car maybe as easy as a call to Al Burtoni as I think he has done some repairs on the DD that Roy is selling.

• 3 months later...

No kidding here. I know this car. I saw it while it sat at Al Burtoni's shop many times over several months. My car was in and out for things and I would check the progress on this Countach. I would say it sat there probably for around one year. It was a front end wreck, supposedly the owner lost control and went off the road and through some fence, poles, something like that I was told. To deny the accident history and merely pass it off as a front end respray is just plain raping another prospective Lamborghini owner. I hope no one gets cheated on this one. The repairs were looking good but I never again saw it at completion. Needless to say I would not mind having this car but to pass it off as a primo example of a DD and trying to get top dollar as such is plain bullshit.

Billy Boy

No kidding here. I know this car. I saw it while it sat at Al Burtoni's shop many times over several months. My car was in and out for things and I would check the progress on this Countach. I would say it sat there probably for around one year. It was a front end wreck, supposedly the owner lost control and went off the road and through some fence, poles, something like that I was told. To deny the accident history and merely pass it off as a front end respray is just plain raping another prospective Lamborghini owner. I hope no one gets cheated on this one. The repairs were looking good but I never again saw it at completion. Needless to say I would not mind having this car but to pass it off as a primo example of a DD and trying to get top dollar as such is plain bullshit.

Billy Boy

The truth always comes out in the end doesnt it?

Joe

www.joesackey.com

• 2 weeks later...

How bout I just trade you my 86 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park LS Wagon and we can be done with it!

:icon_mrgreen:

In any case, I'll guess $149,000

Thanks. :icon_super:

Billy Boy

*Ahem*.......

Mr. Billy Boy -

Since you ae passing along SUPPOSED stories, I will fill you in from the OWNERS perspective, since that was my car, and I sold it to Roy.

It was never a secret to anyone that this car had some front end damage history. I have photos, documents, etc. When you say "supposedly the owner lost control and went off the road "THROUGH SOME FENCE, POLES, SOMETHING LIKE THAT I WAS TOLD", maybe you'd like to know that a brake master cylinder failed, and the car went into a ditch at a T-intersection at about 15 mph. The car did not go through anything, let alone poles or fences. The car was driven out of the ditch and driven back to the house, and driven through town to get to the transport truck (albeit with a spongy brake pedal).

The car sat in que at Burtoni's place for a year, then Joe and Steve put on some new sheet metal (starting at about the forward edge of the headlights) and a new fiberglass nose bumper. The actual work took place over a month or two. The front bonnet was never even touched (and remains original). Obviously a new master cylinder was installed, and the rest of the brake system had since been totally rebuilt over the years at George Evans' shop.

There was no mechanical damage, and other than the master cylinder, nothing else was done at that time (I even still have the Gotti wheels that were on the car at the time - showing no evidence of any major impact). I have photos and video of the car for years after that point in open road rallies and other events doing what Countaches do best, cruising along at high speed with nary a shake or warble. Car ran beautifully.

Over the years I spent probably $60,000 on rebuilds, updates, refreshings, etc. I have never been in another Countach yet that is the mechanical equal of that car. I have never been in a Countach yet that develops the power and drives as well as that car.

Obviously, I have probably hundreds if not thousands of photos, receipts, documents, etc., through the years of what was done to that car and what that car would do. The (mostly original) paint shows the wear of being owned by an enthusiast driver, but FLA12830 is probably mechanically the best downdraft in the country. You can get in, light her up, and drive it hard and it will repsond in spades. The air blows hard and cold, it starts and idles perfectly, and develops monstrous power. Strong clutch, all fluid lines, all ac lines, all rubber, moany suspension joints NEW over the last few years. SO many more little things were done I couldn't begin to lost them all, but if any prospective buyers had questions about its history - I still have a full file and good memories.

If not for my desire for an SE30, I never would have let that car go. I doubt I will see one in as good mechanical shape til I buy another one and do it all over again (or get that one back one day).

Mike at George Evans' shop did most of the work on that car over the last 6 years or so (when the major work was done). Ask him how torn up or crappy or damaged it was. While I would concede that the paint is a LITTLE worn (though still quite good), the "best" examples of downdrafts around aren't half of what that car is. I would personally stand on stage and claim it to be a "primo" example and would happily debate anyone who questions that.

Maybe you shouldn't shoot your mouth off til you have FACTS.

The truth always comes out in the end doesnt it?

Joe

www.joesackey.com

Joe - remember years ago, when I was looking at the pearl white Paris show car that you had once owned ? The story came up that "that's a bad Countach - A BOAT FELL ON IT AND IT HAD TO BE REBUILT FROM THE GROUND UP !!! " .....

Well, I remember when I went to research that and talked with the shop that did the work. All I remember is the howls of laughter when, after catching their breath they said - "YEAH - A KAYAK FELL OFF A GARAGE RACK AND PUT A DENT IN THE QUARTER PANEL.... HHAHAHA !!! A BOAT INDEED!!"

I have no idea if you owned it when the boat incident happened or not, just goes to show how huge STORIES come out of such little items.

If these people have questions, let them be asked and let the HONEST answers be forthcoming, rather than this BILLY BOY throwing mud on a car HE DOESN'T KNOW on a PUBLIC FORUM. Shame on you, Billy Boy.

-Steve

Steve

I hope you have some stick time in a SE30. All U.S. SE 30 autos, came equipped with power steering. You may find the car boring and gentle, in relation to a Countach :icon_mrgreen:

Go mifune. how is the se30 doing? From last time we talked, there was some mechanical maintenance you needed to do. Dont mind Ralph, he is just a sucker for punishment.... :eusa_dance: On the qv, sad to see the car being sold. you should keep both cars....

When we talk about Lambos, "Urban Legend" come to mind.. Everybody have heard or know something about the car in question. Ever heard the saying: One feather become five hens? (Hope the translation from Norwegian of this saying is understandable/correct).

I was told by Al Burtoni himself about the car going off the road, through a fence, etc. I also recall him telling me the insurance company had paid out ~70,000 for the extensive damages sustained. No bullshit on my part. Going into a ditch and causing minor damage cannot justify $70,000 in repairs. Again, only what I was told. I saw all that sheet metal off the car, never saw the car immediately after the mishap. The car had sat there months already and I was back several times putting it into the one year perspective I mentioned. Post your photos is all I say. Words mean nothing right now. I posted what I saw and was told and only because Roy merely passed it off as a front end respray. That's all. Post your photos.

Go mifune. how is the se30 doing? From last time we talked, there was some mechanical maintenance you needed to do. Dont mind Ralph, he is just a sucker for punishment.... :eusa_dance: On the qv, sad to see the car being sold. you should keep both cars....

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Dominic

You are in a bind. - Don't forget your bianca bebe, in your garage. :icon_mrgreen:

I was told by Al Burtoni himself about the car going off the road, through a fence, etc. I also recall him telling me the insurance company had paid out ~70,000 for the extensive damages sustained. No bullshit on my part. Going into a ditch and causing minor damage cannot justify $70,000 in repairs. Again, only what I was told. I saw all that sheet metal off the car, never saw the car immediately after the mishap. The car had sat there months already and I was back several times putting it into the one year perspective I mentioned. Post your photos is all I say. Words mean nothing right now. I posted what I saw and was told and only because Roy merely passed it off as a front end respray. That's all. Post your photos.

Then either Al is a big fat liar or you are a big fat liar. Maybe we should ring up Al and see if he'll stand behind those words or if maybe you are embellishing a little ? Would he do that just to have me post a copy of the bill showing a very different number?

I'll dig some photos out when I get a chance.

Go tell stories about things you know for facts and not heresay stories. If you don't know for sure, keep you damn mouth shut.

-Steve

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Dominic

You are in a bind. - Don't forget your bianca bebe, in your garage. :icon_mrgreen:

:eusa_dance: oh I would never forget my bianca bebe.. I give equal attention to both of them :icon_mrgreen:

Is there any point in this guys?

From my perspective, the point is that Billy Boy shouldn't yap his mouth regarding items he doesn't have full knowledge of in ways that insinuate damaging or derogatory things (such as mis- or unerrepresenting facts about damage history). That's pretty serious stuff IHMO. I wouldn't say a thing other than that was MY CAR, and I have first hand knowledge of the UNTRUTHFULNESS that was said.

I usually stay very far away from the "monkey poop" fights I see on internet boards. I will respond however, when someone directly or indirectly says damaging untrue things about me or something I have represented - and maybe I have more than a little emotion left over that fabulous car.

Billy Boy, you are a COWARD if you are willing to say such things and then shrink down to saying " Again, only what I was told". So I guess you haven't seen Al lay down the BS before, eh? GUess you didn't pick up on it like everyone else who got sick of his stories. If it's only what you have been told, then STFU.

Steve Gleaner did the actual work - ask him if there was anything behind the forward edge of the front wheel arch that even got touched.

I am NOT saying it wasn't expensive sheet metal work, nor that it wasn't real damage. I'm just saying your characterization based on heresay is BS.

Anyone legitimately interested in buying that car from whoever owns it now or later - I have a vault of photos, documents, etc. I am happy to discuss and share.

I may go to the effort of scanning some of it and posting it here just to show your mischaracterization and your bullshit.