Cocaine Cowboys...

matthend

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not seen this documentary, anybody knows where to find it ?

Do you know how to use torrents!? It downloaded quite quickly for me. www.isohunt.com

-Olivier

I was here in Mia, but I was just a kid and had no clue.

very interesting...

Same here. I had two friends in grade school and my parents would never let me go to their houses (very nice ones at that!). It made no sense to me at the time, but I asked them about it a few years ago and they were both moving considerable weight and ended up in jail. Now the question is.... How did my parents know this? :shock:

And what about Cocaine Cowboys II: The godmother returns, is that movie available somewhere? They stated it will be released in 2007.

And what about Cocaine Cowboys II: The godmother returns, is that movie available somewhere? They stated it will be released in 2007.

Last I heard it will be released in June 2008

I saw this a little while back. Great documentary. When the pilot was describing how the Colombians came along and offered him $3,000 per kilo, which amounted to $1.2 million per flight (!) . . . :shock: What small plane pilot working 9-5 is going to be able to turn that down??

When the pilot was describing how the Colombians came along and offered him $3,000 per kilo, which amounted to $1.2 million per flight (!) . . . :shock: What small plane pilot working 9-5 is going to be able to turn that down??

Why does everyone think Mickey was a pilot? He was not a pilot, I guess you could say he was in charge of logistics, his partner (who wasn't mentioned in the movie and asked to be kept out) was the pilot. In reality, Mickey and Jon Roberts did not get along and Mickey did what ever he could to put distance between themselves, in his mind he believed that Jon was going to be his undoing. To get a better idea of what happened to this group and what caused their downfall you should read "the man who made it snow".

• 4 weeks later...

For those interested in this topic I recommend watching - American Drug War available on Showtime ondemand right now. It definitely puts things in perspective.

For those interested in this topic I recommend watching - American Drug War available on Showtime ondemand right now. It definitely puts things in perspective.

What section? I just looked and didnt see it

Why does everyone think Mickey was a pilot? He was not a pilot, I guess you could say he was in charge of logistics, his partner (who wasn't mentioned in the movie and asked to be kept out) was the pilot. In reality, Mickey and Jon Roberts did not get along and Mickey did what ever he could to put distance between themselves, in his mind he believed that Jon was going to be his undoing. To get a better idea of what happened to this group and what caused their downfall you should read "the man who made it snow".

I just ordered the book from Amazon. Thanks for the heads up.

You could see in the movie the completely different styles of people they were. When they recall the first time they meet, it's redneck vs mafia/baller type guy. I'm 100% sure that, if it was only for Mickey, they could have done this for 20 years. He did not seem to care about the flash, recognition, etc that much. Just a low-key, smart, hard-charger that would deliver the goods and take care of logistics. Jon was probably more into the selling/distribution once it got to Miami. A good duo all things considered, but for the long-run, Mickey would be the better of the two IMO.

-Olivier

• 1 year later...

Sorry for resurrecting, but I thought I found some interesting stuff on YT, so I wanted to share it with you guys.

great docu, loved it

the sequel however was just mostly in name only, they talk about the godmother a lot

• 3 months later...

Just rewatched it again, had to find the deleted scenes,

What this guy is saying is really really smart, I am sure he could be successful at almost anything with such intelligence and planning

edit- just remembered this quote by Abolfaz:

Thats nothing, I've known Mickey since the mid 80's, you have no idea what a genius the guy is and the kind of things he had come up with

Isn't there another movie coming, or the Hollywood version?

Isn't there another movie coming, or the Hollywood version?
a hollywood version would be interesting but dull compared to the real thing. the sequel was made by different people, they talked about the godmother a lot and her hitmen. if there is a third, i would probably watcht it.