79 for sale

Peter K

The dupont add has the wrong vin# listed. The vin for this 79 is 1121036. It is a two owner car with 9 k miles. Imported into California. It has never left California. The second owner never drove the car with his shoes on...the interior is like showroom. Nice catch for someone.

If you own or have a monetary interest in this car, You should have disclosed it from the start, Or keep your post about this CT in classified.

I reread the whole thread and never realized you were the owner or part owner of this car. Did anyone else think he was an owner of the Countach, before it was posted?

The car is beautiful and congrats on the sale, but to sit here posting like you are a 3rd party when you are not is misleading. You had no problem adding your "unbaised" opinion that the car was perfect, then give the FU to Tony when he gives his opinion. Seem like a double standard to me?

As far as "your" Countach goes it is, in my opinion, way undervalued even at 200K, I would give a kidney to have a S1 in that condition, so I am not "Bashing" your car.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Problem, No I don't own the 79.I wish I could have afforded to buy it and let it sit for a few years.Did I see it , Yes.Was it the closest to new that I have ever sceen for that year, Yes. Just describing it thru my eyes. You are correct, Perfect is a word that is easily debated, so I will pick a different word from now on.I will not mention anything about the 79 CT again...let the numbers speak for themselves. My comments are nothing personal and I don't get pleasure from throwing "Shots", it just seems from reading the posts, that there are couple of members ,(and only a couple)that for the most part, don't have anything nice to say about other people's cars, that is of course, unless the CAR is something THEY want or OWN. Scott did find the Malcom Forbes Diablo for me, as he found a " F" car that I'm buying tomorrow. So, there will be no more name calling, that is unless someone else throws the first volley.

nice car

from e bay pics it looks like a very nice original car

i had an offert -declined- for the same amount for mine some months ago (car unseen, only from posted pics) so i think this is more or less what you have to aspect to pay for a nice original S1 in today's market

Big Fu-kin deal...you know Tony I'm just describing it like I see it ...I guess I'm not a PROFESSIONAL like you. Guess what if you pressure wash the bottom of the car it can look like new. A little sepage of oil is no big deal.For Christ sake a certain few on this forum are like a bunch of "old Ladies" that have nothing better to do than criticise. And nothing personal, but you are one of them.You know, like mother said...if you don't have anything nice to say...SAY NOTHING! This car is a one of a kind...I haven't seen one better. If you think its a piece of shit, guess WHAT! Someone who is a Dealer paid 180K for it. I Think they know more than you and I about the MARKET! You could have bought this car as an investment...it will only go up in value. Criticise as you may...watch what this car sells for! By the way, fasten your seat belt there is another on the way!!

Relax. When people dissect a car, it is not just an attempt to bitch about this and that. A lot of the criticism, is the forum itself actually giving advice on how to put the cars back, in the original factory condition. - For the members that want an original car. I talked about my radio on F.C., and a few people their mentioned that it was not original. I went back and forth, and attempted to give my reasons (with facts), about why it was in fact original. After awhile, the conversation began to run out of steam. In the end, I might have raised a few eyebrows with some of the members, but most likely most of them will leave the room thinking, that I do not have an original radio in my car, that I am striving to make original. In the end, who cares ?

....it will only go up in value ? NOBODY knows the long term direction of the market. This car could be worth 1/2 million in five years, and it also could be worth 75,000 in five years. At one time in the early 90's, an F-40 was worth 1.3.

Bitchin and moaning should not be taken personal. When the upskirt pics that were not posted on eBay suddenly appear, and the car was claimed to be perfect, one must expect a few incoming darts to be received. - Especially when the member has a financial business interest in the car. The members will review dealer cars with less finesse, than enthusiast owned vehicles that are posted for the sole enjoyment of the forum.

I do know that I try my best, to not offend any enthusiasts on the forum. If a car is posted for the sole reason of making a profit (nothing wrong with that), it should be expected to be critiqued in a more harsh fashion. If I give opinions about why the Silhouette, is not going to head for the stars, I usually mention in the post, that I have nothing against their personal car and or the cars themselves. If we just pat each other on the back, this place will become as exciting, as an insurance seminar on a Saturday morning. I always give my thumbs up, to anyone that buys a 2wd manual steering Lamborghini, that was built before 1995 :icon_mrgreen:

Big Fu-kin deal...you know Tony I'm just describing it like I see it ...I guess I'm not a PROFESSIONAL like you. Guess what if you pressure wash the bottom of the car it can look like new. A little sepage of oil is no big deal.For Christ sake a certain few on this forum are like a bunch of "old Ladies" that have nothing better to do than criticise. And nothing personal, but you are one of them.You know, like mother said...if you don't have anything nice to say...SAY NOTHING! This car is a one of a kind...I haven't seen one better. If you think its a piece of shit, guess WHAT! Someone who is a Dealer paid 180K for it. I Think they know more than you and I about the MARKET! You could have bought this car as an investment...it will only go up in value. Criticise as you may...watch what this car sells for! By the way, fasten your seat belt there is another on the way!!

Ya know Phil... you type just like Scott talks. Every word you type I have heard from Scott on the phone.

My guess is that you let him use your log in to post.

You missed everything nice I had to say about the car, that is too bad, because I had a lot of nice things to say, very few things wrong. Don't ever pressure wash under a car, but if you cleaned it up it would still not look like some of the pictures we have seen of the restored cars. This forum is a place where we talk about the Countach. It does not matter who owns it or who sells it, it's just talk about cars. You can not get all pissed off when we are having an open discussion about a car. I thought I made my peace with Scott, I hope I have. I am not going to start a new war with another member. As Scott says " life is too short" :icon_mrgreen:

Ya know Phil... you type just like Scott talks. Every word you type I have heard from Scott on the phone.

My guess is that you let him use your log in to post.

In this thread, Phil has used three different IP addresses.

64.252.xx.xx

64.12.xxx.xx

205.188.xxx.xx

I dont know what to say anyomre. I HAVE come to the conclusion in this business of cars, NEW or USED, the WORD PERFECT does not exsist.......HELL it doesn't even for a "elf" anymore.

I think each car holds a different defenition for a differnt buyer and or seller.

On this car, I have not see it first hand. I do know my buyer is happy AND thats all that really matters.

I can not recall the last time anyone bought a car to make their neighbor happy???

After all it is his money and his car........

:iamwithstupid:

I've seen 2-3 year old cars that (to me) look show room new yet I've seen people tear them apart for some hair :icon_rolleyes: found buried in the seat.

No Problem, No I don't own the 79.I wish I could have afforded to buy it and let it sit for a few years.Did I see it , Yes.Was it the closest to new that I have ever sceen for that year, Yes. Just describing it thru my eyes. You are correct, Perfect is a word that is easily debated, so I will pick a different word from now on.I will not mention anything about the 79 CT again...let the numbers speak for themselves. My comments are nothing personal and I don't get pleasure from throwing "Shots", it just seems from reading the posts, that there are couple of members ,(and only a couple)that for the most part, don't have anything nice to say about other people's cars, that is of course, unless the CAR is something THEY want or OWN. Scott did find the Malcom Forbes Diablo for me, as he found a " F" car that I'm buying tomorrow. So, there will be no more name calling, that is unless someone else throws the first volley.

Scott found the car ? Not really. I found the car and told Scott. Hmmm still waiting for my commission.

Next time i have a Diablo for 50k and Scott begs me for the number and promises to take care of me... i guess i will keep my mouth shut.

Have I missed yet where the car is going? I saw staying in USA the other day, but that's all.

Also, is the seller the same Scott that had 1056 with the door speakers for sale? If so how in the world did he have 2 around?

Congrats to the new caretaker of this one, she is beautiful, even with the cute little oil stains!

Since we are all talking about perfect cars, AFAIK the world's best LP 400S1 is Bill's X, # 1121086

Bill, I hope you get another car !

John, PLEASE CALL or PM ME, if YOU HAVE A 50K Diablo, or any good deal for that matter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John, PLEASE CALL or PM ME, if YOU HAVE A 50K Diablo, or any good deal for that matter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No CRAP, my phone is all the time as well!!

JOHN

I WILL STEAL ROY'S POST, I AM A CASH WHOLESaLE BUYER !!!!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

JOHN

I WILL STEAL ROY'S POST, I AM A CASH WHOLESaLE BUYER !!!!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

You should have seen the two guys who owned the car...

Thats because Phil has 2 computers at work and one at home.