Is an 01-02 360 Modena Couple with the 6-speed reliable?

pakisho

What the title says.

I browsed F chat for a bit, 15k service for 2k and 30k service for 4-5k isnt so bad. Or am I missing something?

It is a big POS.

It is a big POS.

Details? Dont tell me its slow, I figured that already. I read about wonderful steering feel blah blah blah and they sound nice. What else?

What the title says.

I browsed F chat for a bit, 15k service for 2k and 30k service for 4-5k isnt so bad. Or am I missing something?

It's pretty reliable for a Ferrari, but it's very slow.

Details? Dont tell me its slow, I figured that already. I read about wonderful steering feel blah blah blah and they sound nice. What else?

Where do I begin, horrible build quality, looks like shit, runs like shit, slow like shit, huge maintenence costs, interior falls appart, looks like shit, runs like shit, slow like shit, has a dancing donkey on the hood etc etc etc etc

If you get one, I will ban you again.

Where do I begin, horrible build quality, looks like shit, runs like shit, slow like shit, huge maintenence costs, interior falls appart, looks like shit, runs like shit, slow like shit, has a dancing donkey on the hood etc etc etc etc

If you get one, I will ban you again.

:lol2:

I keep hearing that the 04-05 Gallardos had reliability issues, which of the two would be less of a headache?

I don't know if it's a typical experience or not, but I used to work with someone who had a 2001 F360 with the 6speed, but after about 4 months sold it and got a 550 Maranello because he was having issues with stupid little crap breaking on the 360 - some speedo sensor I think it was failed that took nearly a week to sort, and similar little things. As far as I know he never had anything major that made it undrivable he was the sort to be really picky about things - if a part of the interior was squeaking he'd take it to get sorted. But yeah, he got fed up with it after a fairly short time - I believe he said it'd spent a quarter of the time he'd had it back at the dealer - and did the swap.

I just sold my 360, it was a 99 6-speed. Fun car but huge maintenance costs. The prices you quoted are hugely underestimated. Figure on $4000-$6000 a year just to keep the car up to Factory spec. If you don't good luck trying to sell it. I had a hard time selling mine. Everyone wanted their own PPI on the car. Everyone wanted to look at the main. records, blah, blah, blah. Plus I don't like the dealers. The act like their s--it doesn't stink.

Figure on $4000-$6000 a year just to keep the car up to Factory spec.

per year? What do you have to do that racks that kind of money up?

Isnt the some maintaince problems depend on old owner's driving style. I mean some guys do not look after his car some do.

I ve seen many 360/00-01 cars in my friends auto-gallery, he owned several of them but if the car was in good condition it is a rare chance to make you in trouble.

However the best and clean 360 that i ve seen , the interior was look so bad. It was not because of bad use, it was because the interior quality is not so good after 3-4 years. IMO the interior become worse depend on years. It is worse in 00 low mileage car than 04 medium mileage car.

also i dont agree they are so slow, they are pretty good for a 400hp , 7 years old car.

4.5sec to 100kmh /Vmax 295kmh is pretty enoough to a 400hp car. Also with Tubi it has a good engine sound

clutch wear, brakes, timing belt every 3 years regardless of how many miles you drive. Which really sucks. 3 years sneaks up on you really quick and you have to pay 5500-7500 dollars for the stupid service. Also don't forget battery, oil, tires,misc issues. My Gallardo is so much cheaper to maintain. And the people at the dealership are so much nicer.

Junk. And even worse, slow junk. :lol2:

From years worth of posts on multiple L-car forums along with owner testimonials that number nearly a hundred, an 04 Gallardo is far more reliable and less costly than a 360 from any model year. It's not even close.

I'd challenge you to be more specific with your claims of "reliability issues" for the G that you've "heard", and from who, because in actually it's quite the opposite. By now all of those cars have had multiple warranty issues sorted out, along with Lambo's "pseudo TSBs" where dealers are discretely told to just take care of the problem on the sly (e-gear software, 6-speed clutches, rear deck lid screws, shock tower bushing thing, etc).

If anything an 04 Gallardo is more reliable than a new 07, simply because it's a known quantity and has been serviced by a dealer multiple times.

I don't recommend any F-car in your case, you're not a baller that can absorb "unexpected" $10k Ferrari service visits a couple times a year. A bad 360 could bankrupt you on what is likely already a fairly big reach for your finances...

It is a big POS.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

But it looks cool with the bodykit.

Junk. And even worse, slow junk. :lol2:

From years worth of posts on multiple L-car forums along with owner testimonials that number nearly a hundred, an 04 Gallardo is far more reliable and less costly than a 360 from any model year. It's not even close.

I'd challenge you to be more specific with your claims of "reliability issues" for the G that you've "heard", and from who, because in actually it's quite the opposite. By now all of those cars have had multiple warranty issues sorted out, along with Lambo's "pseudo TSBs" where dealers are discretely told to just take care of the problem on the sly (e-gear software, 6-speed clutches, rear deck lid screws, shock tower bushing thing, etc).

If anything an 04 Gallardo is more reliable than a new 07, simply because it's a known quantity and has been serviced by a dealer multiple times.

I don't recommend any F-car in your case, you're not a baller that can absorb "unexpected" $10k Ferrari service visits a couple times a year. A bad 360 could bankrupt you on what is likely already a fairly big reach for your finances...

Bankrupt me, hardly. But I'd certainly shit a brick if I shelled out 30k in one year to maintain a car. And most of the 04 gremlins are what Ive been told by first hand owners.

:lol2:

I keep hearing that the 04-05 Gallardos had reliability issues, which of the two would be less of a headache?

Gallardo wins easily.My 04 has been almost trouble free.I can't believe you would even consider a 360.It is a big POS.

I've had a couple of 360's, one f1 (POS) and the other a manual. I enjoyed the manual car... But fcuk the dealers and that fcuking belt service that has to be done every 2 years whether you drive the POS OR NOT!

I was just starting to have some respect for you, and you go and ask a dumb question like this and throw it all out the window.

I was just starting to have some respect for you, and you go and ask a dumb question like this and throw it all out the window.

He'll regret ever having made this thread the second he drives one. Talk about a let down.

He'll regret ever having made this thread the second he drives one. Talk about a let down.

Lol I shoulda said 355, damnit.

True, I havent driven one.

Lol I shoulda said 355, damnit.

True, I havent driven one.

That is what I was going to recommend. The 360 has a lot more room to fall, before it begins to level out. I believe they built approx 18,000 of those cars ? A very nice 355, is probably fully depreciated (except for the one's built at the end of the line / 98/99). If you want to mod the car, buy a 30,000 mile car, drive it, and sell it a few years down the road for the same amount you paid. The 355 looks ten times better, is lower, and has one of the best modern sound tracks around. For some of the F guys, the 355 was the end of the line, as far as what modern Ferrari designs have to offer.

I am not into modding cars, but I would "assume," for a little bit of money, you can make the 355 as fast as the 360. - Where Mako is concerned, that is not saying much. :icon_mrgreen:

355 is a pos too!

Alissa does not think so :icon_mrgreen: