6.0 owners I need help!

abolfaz

I dragged my car out today and took it around the block a few times for the first time since I deleted all 4 cats. Problem #1, the passenger side seat belt will no longer retract all the way, is there a separate warranty for the SRS/seatbelt systems in these cars? I know the emissions equipment have a 10 year or so warranty, do the seatbelts and airbags have the same?

Problem #2, I had a guy flag me down and tell me that my car was on fire, come to find out that I had flames shooting out of my exhaust when I decelerate. Has anyone else with a 6.0 deleted all four cats? Is this normal?

Problem #1, the passenger side seat belt will no longer retract all the way, is there a separate warranty for the SRS/seatbelt systems in these cars? I know the emissions equipment have a 10 year or so warranty, do the seatbelts and airbags have the same?
Extended emission warranties are Federal EPA related. There is no similar extended federal warranty covering SRS but some states do deal with SRS warranties. Regardless, I would be surprised if any state extended SRS to the actual seat belt.

-mick

Mike, does it pop or spit back ? I have seen a few Gallardos with exhaust spit flames but i dont remember ever seeing a Diablo shoot them out ?

THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_wall: :icon_mrgreen: :lol2: (but it does sound great)

There is no similar extended federal warranty covering SRS but some states do deal with SRS warranties.

I had an 8 year old porsche airbag replaced under warranty a few years back because the cover had cracked as well as a clock spring (thats what they call what connects the airbag/horn to the column) on another car out of warranty, thats why I assumed the SRS system had a different warranty than the rest of the car.

I think the car is shooting flames because it's angry at you for never driving it.

That leaves me with two questions:

1- has anybody else removed all 4 cats?

2- does anybody else have seat belts that no longer retract all the way?

2- does anybody else have seat belts that no longer retract all the way?

1- no

2- no

No - I was told the car would shoot flames and I didn't want that. :icon_mrgreen:

-mick

I had an 8 year old porsche airbag replaced under warranty a few years back because the cover had cracked as well as a clock spring (thats what they call what connects the airbag/horn to the column) on another car out of warranty, thats why I assumed the SRS system had a different warranty than the rest of the car.
The clock spring is 100% SRS. And there could be extended SRS warranty coverage in Florida - just don't know. All I know is that there is no Federal level warranty like there is with emissions.

-mick

No - I was told the car would shoot flames and I didn't want that. :icon_mrgreen:

-mick

:lol2: :lol2:

my passenger seat belt doesnt always retract easily, and when it does its usually kinda slow, but it does go back

I think I just had my clock spring replaced in the air bag, does this mean I can get my money back and have it covered under warrenty??? I know another 6.0 owner that paid like $400 to have it fixed plus shipping

-mick

I just found out that the 02 simulators that I used aren't working correctly and are causing the car to run WAY too rich.

I have no cats and no mufflers, just straight off the headers and I was told by several guys I drive with, that it spits flames on both accel and decel.

I just found out that the 02 simulators that I used aren't working correctly and are causing the car to run WAY too rich.
Makes perfect sense. I guess I do not understand why normal O2 sensors are not being used in these type of circumstances. They provide THE critical feedback to the FI system.

The only thing an O2 simulator can do is stop a check engine light from coming on. It can't make the engine run right.

-mick

1- no

2- no

I'm very surprised that you couldn't find a cat to express yourself with...

I have no cats and no mufflers, just straight off the headers and I was told by several guys I drive with, that it spits flames on both accel and decel.

:icon_thumleft:

:icon_thumleft: it has to be quite a sight....and a sound to :icon_super:

And then we have a cat too close to the flames...

-mick

post-79-1177007618_thumb.jpg

The o2 simulators only go on the o2 sensors behind the old cats

The simulators keep the voltage the same as when the cats were on so you don't get a check engine light

I don't think they have anything to do with fuel management

Only the front set of sensors are supposed to control fuel

I only have the 2nd set of cats removed so I don't speak from experience.

Keep us informed.

crap,

i just found out form my friend that I let use it when he wants that the passenger seat belt had stared not retracting too :(. I guess its intermitent though, so Ill pray it doesnt come back....well my passengers should pray :)

now I got the problem with the passenger belt :(

at first it wouldnt loosen to be buckled in, so I had to pull it out from between the light box in center and the belt pully thinging, then to get it to retract I had to push it back in through the same place and its still not completly in :(

OK, now I've been informed that its not the 02 simulator, but the temp sensors. I was told that I have them installed too deeply in the bypass and that I need to back them as far out as possible. Makes sense, but I was told to expect the flames with this type of exhaust set up. :surprised:

• 14 years later...
On 4/19/2007 at 12:46 PM, Peter2 said:

funny_cat_pictures_047.jpgyoueatedcookie.jpg butter.jpg whoopedeefuckingdoo.jpg

Here are all 4 cats, just like you requested.

:eusa_dance:

butter.jpg

Well then there is your problem!!!!!!! One of your cats is running too rich!!!!! Too much butter?!!!!

I know this thread is old but I have the same issue with my Diablo 6.0 No Cats and no muffler (Straight pipes) Exhaust was spitting out flames and black smoke, OBD said the both banks were running too rich and too lean at the same time. I replaced all 4 O2 sensors Now my Bank 2 is clean bit bank 1 still shows "running to rich and running to lean" at the same time. The black smoke is far less and the flames are far and rear (Uhmmm pun intended)  So what was the outcome? What did you do to resolve this?

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2007 at 11:32 PM, abolfaz said:

I removed the rear cats and put them back as it was to annoying to drive without them.