Amex Centurion Black Card

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pass it on to the client...

Actually now that I think of it I did pay my property tax for my offcie building on it. Cost me like $50. Personal property taxes here are included in your mortgage payment as part of the escrow every month.

Actually now that I think of it I did pay my property tax for my offcie building on it. Cost me like $50. Personal property taxes here are included in your mortgage payment as part of the escrow every month.

Not always. I always choose no escrow when buying a property. I pay my taxes and insurance myself and only pay P&I to the lenders.

Not always. I always choose no escrow when buying a property. I pay my taxes and insurance myself and only pay P&I to the lenders.

I never asked if you can do it that way here. Don't think you can on residential property but again, I never asked.

I never asked if you can do it that way here. Don't think you can on residential property but again, I never asked.

I know that you can choose to waive escrow on property taxes in Michigan...I can only assume that you can waive escrow in AZ. I wasn't thinking clearly when I set my mortgage up this last time, I figured that I would carry escrow as it would be easier to pay my taxes one month at a time, turns out it has been nothing but a pain in the ass (plus the bank holds an additional monthly Tax and insurance payment in the escrow, so we are really overpaying our taxes) I would have to refi the whole loan to waive off the escrow and with the rate that I have on my current mortgage plus the whole property values in the crapper situation that we are in in Michigan we chose to not refi at the moment.

Lot of it depends on how much your taxes are, my home pays $37k per year and one of my buildings pays $51k per year. Its easier for me to just pay the escrows and not have to worry about a big chunk of change at the end of the year, not to mention certain banks won't allow you to waive your escrows...

Do the interest rates depend on the individual or is there a single fixed rate for all that get the black card? What is the limit on this card if there is one, what perks.. god damnit I should just get them to send me that USB thing!

There is no interest rate as Amex is not a credit card, it is rather a charge card. Your balance is due in full every 30 days. Limit is not pre-set so you determine a limit by your spending habits. Perks are way too extensive to list but are only essential if you are invited and trying to decide if to take it or not.

How do you get one?

A guy I know has one and said that you have to spend atleast $100,000 in a year to qualify. But I thought I read different numbers somewhere else. So....

I Have a black card also my wife has the black card. most of my friends have the black card its not so special anymore they need a new one. i want to get a green card because you never see them anymore.

I Have a black card also my wife has the black card. most of my friends have the black card its not so special anymore they need a new one. i want to get a green card because you never see them anymore.

:iamwithstupid: It was special back in '99 when I got mine (as special as it can get while still having to pay off the balance every month). I always joked about wanting a green one and this year I decided not to renew my membership, so they gave me the platinum instead! At the end of the day, your spending limits, points, etc do not depend on the color of the card, but your account history. I couldn't see throwing away the annual membership money anymore.

The only reason to have a black card is for the service thats it. btw how many black cards do you think they have given out. and Not the business card. I think when AX made the black business card it killed the exclusivity of the card.

I think when AX made the black business card it killed the exclusivity of the card.

No doubt. I was shocked when I saw a black business card.

How many black cards do you think where issued?

How many black cards do you think where issued?

A lot. Probably at least 10,000.

Business or not make no difference. Most of my friends with personal cards use them for business purposes and have the company pay their bill. I like the business card better because it does not show up on my personal credit report. Anyone with a business can run business expenses on the personal card and get reimbursed.

Business or not make no difference. Most of my friends with personal cards use them for business purposes and have the company pay their bill. I like the business card better because it does not show up on my personal credit report. Anyone with a business can run business expenses on the personal card and get reimbursed.

I too use all my cards as personal cards and let my business pay the bill. The points system for rewards in some cases is worse on a busniess card than a personal one. I have not looked into Amex's system so much yet as I just started useing it recently but I know my visa that I have had for years was set up that way.

Good for you Allen, Hard work is rewarded thru its benefits! I am sure there are a lot of others that would love to qualify for one. "Black Is Beautiful" Good for you!

Get a Blue one, I dont see them much around here. Ive had a few people comment about mine.

Ive got a question about AMEX for al the experts. Why should I spend $170(or whatever it is) for the Gold Charge card? Is there any benefits that you get with the Gold that you wouldnt with the Blue? I pay it off every month so thats not a factor.

:iamwithstupid: It was special back in '99 when I got mine (as special as it can get while still having to pay off the balance every month). I always joked about wanting a green one and this year I decided not to renew my membership, so they gave me the platinum instead! At the end of the day, your spending limits, points, etc do not depend on the color of the card, but your account history. I couldn't see throwing away the annual membership money anymore.

Im lost on this, I asked the difference to amex between a platinum and black, and the idiot woman didnt know, but she did say its 25K yearly? no thanks.

You know you have arrived when you get one of those in the mail. You have to admit, when someone pulls out one of those at the dinner table everyones face is like :unsure:

How much is the annual fee?

annual fee's 2500.00

I'm fine with Platinum, the black cards kinda crazy!

Here is the DL on the Centurion (black card) today.

All grandfathered members will now pay the same $2,500 annual fee and all new members will pay a one time initiation fee of $5,000 plus the $2,500 annual fee.

The requirements currently are a 12 month rolling average of $250,000 per year on your Platinum card with a perfect payment history and never late. Credit score needs to be above 730 and you need to demonstrate a "need" for the card and it's services such as extensive travel, large purchases, etc. in order to be invited.

For the future they are planning to raise the requirements as they are aware of the "dilution" factor that has happened recently. I had a lengthy conversation about it the other day with my concierge about how it is not what it used to be and the first step they took is taking away the grandfathered fee to make those who do not use it enough cancel.

so Im a bit lost, what benefits do you get over the platinum if you DONT travel....?

• 7 months later...

Have any of you guys ever gone to any of them? I am considering the NA Auto Show one in January and wanted to know if they were really all that "exclusive" and nice. I heard that the U.S. Open one in Pittsburgh with Tiger Woods turned out to be great but I wasn't sure if that was a "diamond in the rough" situation.

Any info would be appreciated!