SLR vs Z06

lambornima

From a stop:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHBsfxnPXTo&NR=1

From a roll:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_lWKEG6LiM

aperantly the Plastic mess-06 is stock. BS. either way, I cant tell which one is the SLR and which is the Plastic mess-06.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plastic mess-06 is black

who knows which is stock or not

You can hear the Plastic mess-06 is not stock. No way will a stock Plastic mess-06 pull an SLR.

And by watching the "from a roll" vid a couple of times, it looks like the SLR drive might be lacking some balls.

If you look at the user who posted those videos, he's clearly a Plastic mess-06 fan based upon his 4 videos, all involving a black C6 Plastic mess-06.

I'd say if anything, both races should have been very close, with even a slight advantage to the SLR.

Both cars put up similar 1/4 mile times, with the SLR almost always having the higher trap speed. Given that, the McMerc should be pulling away from the POS, and not the other way around.

The effect of altitude on NA and forced induction should be negligible given Dubai's location, so in the end it should really boil down to each driver being able to draw the best performance out of each respective car.

The SLR will just about rape anything stock in a straight line but on a track i am so sure anymore.In was out at Mosport on Monday and the car was all over the road and very nervous.I am going to play with the suspension a little bit and see if it makes a difference but compared to the Gallardo it is a huge disappointment

The SLR will just about rape anything stock in a straight line but on a track i am so sure anymore.In was out at Mosport on Monday and the car was all over the road and very nervous.I am going to play with the suspension a little bit and see if it makes a difference but compared to the Gallardo it is a huge disappointment

the Gallardo is faster? :D

What can you possibly do to a ZO6 to outrun an SLR?

the LSx motors respond very well to breathing mods like intake and exhaust. IMO they are some of the best modable engines there are in terms of power, reliability, and price

I believe LG motorsports turned +40 RWHP with a full exhaust.

the LSx motors respond very well to breathing mods like intake and exhaust. IMO they are some of the best modable engines there are in terms of power, reliability, and price

I believe LG motorsports turned +40 RWHP with a full exhaust.

I dont know about any specifics, but some of the (more knowledgable) POS fans told me a tuner was making 700+ hp from the Plastic mess-06 without any forced induction.

I dont know about any specifics, but some of the (more knowledgable) POS fans told me a tuner was making 700+ hp from the Plastic mess-06 without any forced induction.

very possible (at the flywheel), I haven't kept up much with the LS7 though. 7.0L is alot to work it

What can you possibly do to a ZO6 to outrun an SLR?

HPE has a package (cam, intake, tuning, x pipe) to make 516 rwhp and that will beat an SLR. Or they also have a package to make over 700 rwhp! :icon_mrgreen:

the Gallardo is faster? :D

Not in a straight line but the way things stand right now around the corners yes and by a wide margin..Try slowing down from 290km/h for a corner and the car doesn't feel balanced.Downright scary.

I will get it sorted out.All it will take is a few days at the track and some adjustements

HPE has a package (cam, intake, tuning, x pipe) to make 516 rwhp and that will beat an SLR. Or they also have a package to make over 700 rwhp! :icon_mrgreen:

I don't think 516whp will be enough to beat the SLR.

Not in a straight line but the way things stand right now around the corners yes and by a wide margin..Try slowing down from 290km/h for a corner and the car doesn't feel balanced.Downright scary.

I will get it sorted out.All it will take is a few days at the track and some adjustements

Jeez. I did not know you could reach such speeds on the straight...that's a testament to the power of the SLR and the quality of Mosport. :)

-Olivier

whats more of a joy to drive?

whats more of a joy to drive?

Different cars.I like them both.

I actually like race cars the most.No compromise

I think it not beat, it would be neck and neck. I saw a Plastic mess-06 run a 12.6 bone stock, and thats not much slower than an SLR. And weighing 600 lbs less than the SLR, having about the same rwhp, it should be right up there.

I saw a Plastic mess-06 run a 12.6 bone stock

A stock C6 Z can run low 11's easy. With just drag radials one ran 10.98

But I bet the 722 has a higher trap speed. And an SLR with DR's would pull a crazy time

But I bet the 722 has a higher trap speed. And an SLR with DR's would pull a crazy time

Sorry, I meant 11.6. Ive also heard of 11.4's and 5's but Ive never seen verification.

645 at the crank is a 516rwhp car-should be enough to take it considering weight.

Or if you want to be sure, you can buy this:

577rwhp-na---721 at the crank w 20% loss

733rwhp-nos---916hp at the crank w 20% loss

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-C...114037405QQrdZ1

Weight:

SLR: 3732lbs

722: 3635lbs

Z-0-6: 3150lbs

Sorry children, lets get real here. The 10.98 that the guy ran in the Plastic mess-06 was on the perfect day, the perfect time, with a DA way BELOW sea level. The guy who did it is a Corvette freak, who is known to sit in his car, and practice shifting. Most people will tell you, that althought the Plastic mess-06 is fast, most people trap between 116-122, a couple as high as 124. Ill leave Ajglobals 115mph out( :icon_mrgreen: ). We have video of a bone stock SLR, on street tires in Florida, run an 11.40@ 127mph, not on the perfect day, not on drag radials, not with a driver with 100's of passes in experience behind the wheel of the car. Anyone who has driven the SLR will tell you, that traction is a HUGE issue. A set of drag radials would lower his time substantially. Regardless, the issue is that you cannot compare Corvettes drivers times, who spend countless hours drag racing, against the time of the SLR driver, who might go to the track once.

We have all seen video of the SLR vs the CGT, the 599, the CLK DTM, and we have seen it beat those. I guess that means the Plastic mess-06 will beat them even more. :eusa_think: :eusa_naughty: We have also seen that the SLR is atleast as fast as the Lp640 to 150mph. I guess the Plastic mess-06 will then beat everyones beloved Lp640. :eusa_think:

645 at the crank is a 516rwhp car-should be enough to take it considering weight.

Or if you want to be sure, you can buy this:

577rwhp-na---721 at the crank w 20% loss

733rwhp-nos---916hp at the crank w 20% loss

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-C...114037405QQrdZ1

Weight:

SLR: 3732lbs

722: 3635lbs

Z-0-6: 3150lbs

You have resorted to arguing with a guy, who not only races cars, has a race team, owns an SLR722, and has raced a 600+rwhp Ford GT in it.......... :eusa_think: :eusa_think:

There is more to speed than Hp. Gearing, aerodynamics, and TORQUE also play into the equation.

Sorry children, lets get real here.

I never said because of that time, it was faster than an SLR. I just used that as a reference for pretty much the fastest benchmark of the Z under perfect conditions. We haven't seen what an SLR can do in the same scenario.

There are far more Plastic mess-06's, and far more owners willing to track it, so we obviously have more data. I believe if the SLR could get off the line traction like that (with drag radials) It would cut a similar time, and a higher trap speed.