SLR vs Z06

lambornima

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were also talking about what you can do to a Z to beat an SLR. I mean, come on, we all know an SLR will walk a stock Z :D

Of course you can make a Plastic mess-06 beat an SLR. But then again, there are quite a few mods for the SLR too! :eusa_dance:

stock vs stock, SLR WILL WIN!! if anyone has doubt in the SLR get the renntech and make it "722" hp and if you still doubt the SLR is that fast....your on crack

• 4 weeks later...
Different cars.I like them both.

I actually like race cars the most.No compromise

Nice.

Did you ever give thought to the 360 CS/proposed 430 CS?

Nice.

Did you ever give thought to the 360 CS/proposed 430 CS?

English please??????

English please??????

since you said you liked the none compromised race cars the most, he wanted to know what you thought of the 360CS (if you have driven it) and whether or not you will be looking to buy the upcoming F430 CS/LP. am I right Fellippe? :icon_mrgreen:

I'd be very surprised if a 500rwhp C6Z06 that weighs significantly less than an SLR wasnt able to easily outrun it, all other things being equal.

I'd be very surprised if a 500rwhp C6Z06 that weighs significantly less than an SLR wasnt able to easily outrun it, all other things being equal.

I can tell you that anything above 130 or 140 in my Plastic mess-06 and the car starts to feel kind of scary. It likes to dance all over the place. Once you reach those speeds you need a car that can settle down and run smooth. I've pushed the Plastic mess-06 to 150 or so and its down right scary. It gets there real fast and starts to feel real uncomfortable almost like its going to lose it at any moment. I do that in the Aston or the G and its like gliding on a sheet of ice. I could hold on to the wheel with 1 finger if I really wanted to and not be afraid in the other two cars. The SLR I'm sure feels the same way and gets better from what I've heard above 150 in a straight line so I don't think a Plastic mess-06 even modded has what it takes from a stability stand point to out run the SLR.

I certainly dont doubt that the SLR would be more stable at high speeds. Im referring to whether or not the Z has the muscle to pull away from the SLR on the big end.

Im surprised your car felt unstable. Then again, youre benchmarking it against some pretty serious high-speed machines.

I certainly dont doubt that the SLR would be more stable at high speeds. Im referring to whether or not the Z has the muscle to pull away from the SLR on the big end.

Im surprised your car felt unstable. Then again, youre benchmarking it against some pretty serious high-speed machines.

If I remember in another thread you said you were or may be in the market for a used G. Once you drive your G up to around 150 or so several times you'll feel the difference too. Its like night and day.

Oh, I dont even need to go past 100mph to agree with that. Ive driven a Gallardo once and been a passenger a couple of times, and it feels far more connected to the road. That has been a criticism of the Plastic mess-06 for a long time....the limits are high, but exploring them doesnt inspire confidence. You have to convince yourself the car will stick/track straight, and it does, but it doesn't scream "I can go faster!" of its own accord. Ive had my car up to 195mph and it did it with no drama, but on the road, I never find myself thinking "lets cruise at 120mph for a bit."

The SLR will just about rape anything stock in a straight line but on a track i am so sure anymore.In was out at Mosport on Monday and the car was all over the road and very nervous.I am going to play with the suspension a little bit and see if it makes a difference but compared to the Gallardo it is a huge disappointment

I love that track! Good ol' Bowmanville Onatrio. Did you tune your suspension at all yet?

Oh, I dont even need to go past 100mph to agree with that. Ive driven a Gallardo once and been a passenger a couple of times, and it feels far more connected to the road. That has been a criticism of the Plastic mess-06 for a long time....the limits are high, but exploring them doesnt inspire confidence. You have to convince yourself the car will stick/track straight, and it does, but it doesn't scream "I can go faster!" of its own accord. Ive had my car up to 195mph and it did it with no drama, but on the road, I never find myself thinking "lets cruise at 120mph for a bit."

Exactly, and in the G you automatically find yourself cruising at 100 or so without any effort.

Hey AJ,

When I had my Plastic mess-06, I lowered it just a tad using the stock bolts and got my alignment re-done, and honestly, it rode just as smooth as my CLS63 at high speeds. Doesn't take much time, and gives a better stance (look wise), I think.

It isn't unstable in a straight line.It's the corners that are tricky

thats seems to be true in the case of the 485 rwhp Plastic mess-06 the Mboard guys used against the SLR and CGT.

since you said you liked the none compromised race cars the most, he wanted to know what you thought of the 360CS (if you have driven it) and whether or not you will be looking to buy the upcoming F430 CS/LP. am I right Fellippe? :icon_mrgreen:

Yes. Sorry for not being clearer.

Regardless, the issue is that you cannot compare Corvettes drivers times, who spend countless hours drag racing, against the time of the SLR driver, who might go to the track once.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

You have resorted to arguing with a guy, who not only races cars, has a race team, owns an SLR722, and has raced a 600+rwhp Ford GT in it.......... :eusa_think: :eusa_think:

There is more to speed than Hp. Gearing, aerodynamics, and TORQUE also play into the equation.

Allan,

I have learned not to argue with dad, or he will get upset a LOOONG time ago and this defintately is not an argument.

The SLR IS A Faster car. Without a doubt. I was just noting that with the car I posted at 900+rwhp and the SLR wouldnt be a race if it could hook well. Sure then you could renntech the SLR and throw nitrous in it, but not many besides yourself would do that to beat a Z. Plus you are talking about blowing a $18k motor vs. a $250k motor it is a big difference. I will stop benchracing now as that typically causes issues. :icon_thumleft:

Allan,

I have learned not to argue with dad, or he will get upset a LOOONG time ago and this defintately is not an argument.

fcuk

Keep this up and i might actually like you some day :icon_mrgreen:

:brownnoser:

fcuk

Keep this up and i might actually like you some day :icon_mrgreen:

:brownnoser:

Dad can I borrow the 722 now :icon_mrgreen:

...and has raced a 600+rwhp Ford GT in it.......... :eusa_think: :eusa_think:

For those of us who missed out on that, how did that work out?