islero dreaming: this is for you

emilio

this one needs LOVE

the owner told me car was partially disassembled for a restore that never begin :(

if somebody wants to restore it or buy for parts let me know

i could ask him how much he wants to part with what previously was an islero

post-4328-1187800884_thumb.jpg

post-4328-1187800941_thumb.jpg

post-4328-1187800981_thumb.jpg

Thanks Emilio.

You weren't wrong about it rusting into the ground, what a waste!! Mind you, if it was local to me I could hide it away for a parts car for when I find the right one.

Thanks for the photos.

John

I want the steering wheel. They are works of art, love to have one in my office. See if he will sell it.

i don't think he wants to part it

It's probably worth more as a complete project than individual parts at this point, because of the poor condition of the parts. If this car were in the US, I'd seriously think about it. It's not worth going through the trouble of getting it here, though.

It's probably worth more as a complete project than individual parts at this point, because of the poor condition of the parts. If this car were in the US, I'd seriously think about it. It's not worth going through the trouble of getting it here, though.

i am not sure about it Udo

just selling steering wheel - instruments - engine -carbs - air boxes...could bring some $

and weren't these wheels and spinners the same as a miura?if it is true they should be worth some other $ to

Goddamn it!

Why do people let cars get that bad!

• 5 weeks later...
i would love to have this baby. what do you guys estimate resoration to be?

It all depends on whether you have the skills to do much of it yourself, or whether you're just going to write a lot of checks. If you do all the disassembly and reassembly, with the pros doing the body/paint and engine machining, then you might be able to do it for $50k. If you hand it to someone like Gary Bobileff for a full nut and bolt restoration, plan on something well north of $100k.

• 2 weeks later...

^ most of the enjoyment would be spent putting in the long hours in the garage...that's the fun. writing a check doesn't really create a bond with the car. especially with something like this. taking my time and doing it with compassion would make it worth wild

• 1 month later...

You can consider a budget in between 60 to 75.000 euro for complete restoration.

Olivier

LCB

i would love to have this baby. what do you guys estimate resoration to be?

Do you know its VIN number ?

Is it the one standing at Loris's place ?

Olivier

LCB

the owner told me car was partially disassembled for a restore that never begin :(

Olivier

LCB

i do not know VIN sorry,

Loris who?

Do you mean the one from Serge Koninkx ? Islero GTS #6507 .

Olivier

LCB

the owner told me car was partially disassembled for a restore that never begin

That thing needs more than love. That things needs respiratory revival and major heart surgery.

Does it have an engine, does the engine run? is it just in pieces and beat up? What's the full story? Hell even i'd take on a project like that if i could afford the project car in the first place if they didn't want some insane amount for it.

Correct, the one at Loris's place belongs to Belgian guy, Serge Koninckx.

I'm still waiting for pictures for months before going in Italy.

So I was expecting it may be that one located also in Italy...

Do you mean the one from Serge Koninkx ? Islero GTS #6507 .

Olivier

LCB

the owner told me car was partially disassembled for a restore that never begin

I have been mailing for almost a year with Serge to get pictures , when he said he got a cd with pictures send to him he stopt mailing , i think i send a few more mails but didnt get an answer so i stopt and lookt elswhere .

This is now more then a year ago .

Lou from the Islero site said he to was trying for months to get pictures .

Correct, the one at Loris's place belongs to Belgian guy, Serge Koninckx.

I'm still waiting for pictures for months before going in Italy.

So I was expecting it may be that one located also in Italy...

You can consider a budget in between 60 to 75.000 euro for complete restoration.

Olivier

LCB

Most likely, it will cost much more. I believe a lot of the cost depends, on if the engine turns over-is salvageable as-is, and if most of the project car is complete. A full engine rebuild, will likely take more than 50% of your estimate. A decent paint job, should start around 10k Euros. The hard to find significant Islero parts, will be expensive. Everyone is already informed, what I have mentioned in this post.

If someone is going to spend that kind of money on a restoration, it is more economically advantageous, to find a fixable 400GT 2+2. If you can take care of a lot of this work by yourself, and the engine (and turns over) and parts are complete, you may come out ok in the end. However your honey, is not going to like the fact, that you are spending too much time in the garage - That will cost you as well. :icon_mrgreen:

Most likely, it will cost much more. I believe a lot of the cost depends, on if the engine turns over-is salvageable as-is, and if most of the project car is complete. A full engine rebuild, will likely take more than 50% of your estimate. A decent paint job, should start around 10k Euros. The hard to find significant Islero parts, will be expensive. Everyone is already informed, what I have mentioned in this post.

If someone is going to spend that kind of money on a restoration, it is more economically advantageous, to find a fixable 400GT 2+2. If you can take care of a lot of this work by yourself, and the engine (and turns over) and parts are complete, you may come out ok in the end. However your honey, is not going to like the fact, that you are spending too much time in the garage - That will cost you as well. :icon_mrgreen:

Ralph, this is so true.. When Emileo contacted me about this car I thought it was very do able (I am comfortable with a lot of the practical restoration) but the tax situation here makes it very uneconomical - having said that I know that I will be upside down in any car I bring out of europe but that is what I face to get the Islero - I should have trumped Sam on the one he bought (stole!!)

As for a fixable 400GT - I think that we are talking Islero people here - similar but different people. I can appreciate it but I want the real thing..

John

Emilio,

If you can get the chance to identify this car : VIN number and the others details (missing parts ?) , please contact me or do it on this Forum.

I still believe a budget of 30€ engine + 25€ body + 7€ interior + 10 other mechanical parts = +/- 72.000 €

Cheers,

Olivier