Alfieri Bomb

Allan-Herbie

is it a one off Countach or a modded Diablo?

the side windows are a nice touch, but the ass of the car from the doors back looks like a Diablos profile. its hard to see from the pic, and i don't know much about cars in this league. very attractive garage though.

is it a one off Countach or a modded Diablo?

the side windows are a nice touch, but the ass of the car from the doors back looks like a Diablos profile. its hard to see from the pic, and i don't know much about cars in this league. very attractive garage though.

Confuscious say, " How can it be a modded DIablo, if it is a Countach?"

Confuscious say, " How can it be a modded DIablo, if it is a Countach?"

yes, i understand, but you an i both know there are some weird real cars out there. my question should have been more along the lines of " why ? " do this to a Countach.

i am off to go see JFRAZAR's 85 LP5000 he just bought. this will be the first C/T i have seen since i was 17/18 years old. i will try not to stain the paint !

:icon_super:

Thank you Ics.. that is the page I tried to link

You have to press the "shift up" and then click on the link, then the link opens in a new window and you can easily copy the URL from the adress line... (IE)

This car has chassi L150. What does this means? Was the chassis built especially for this new model? Why did not they take a production chassis (i.e: HLA12xxx) and use that?

IMHO I think they styled it much nicer than they did to the anniversary cars.

:iamwithstupid: Unfortunately I don't think the side windows actually worked.

L150 is the project code like 112 was for the CT L147 for the Diablo, L140 for the Jalpa successor.

Ok. So if I understand 150 is not the chassis code as labeled on the japanese site and in the registry

First on the CT ( LP400 and LP400s till 1982) it was also the chassis code (1120001-1121490)

Later the international VIN-Code was used.

I have a Japanese video on this L150, bought it in a Japanese Convenience store in 1989. I have watched the video maybe

1000 times. I can understand what the video says, it was purchased through a Japanese Journalist who initially was not getting anywhere with the Lamborghini Factory people until he showed a book on Cars he wrote. They allowed the car to be

known by the Japanese enthusiasts community was bought and brought to Japan. It is a one off, (prototype), that was a study for the next evolution of the Countach. It is fuel injected, has only one radiator (One side) and the side "gills" open automatically to allow air to the radiator. The windows open almost half way, and everything else is pretty much like a fuel Injected US market CT. The driving impressions are, very light clutch, smooth and progressive acceleration, they compare it to a Ferrari feel more than the regular carburated CT. The comentator says even a lady would find easy to drive.

If anybody wants more details, I can explain. There is a big Japanese community of Lamborghini owners and enthusiasts.

They have a club (JLOC) Japan Lamborghini Owners Club. I can make a copy of the video if anybody is interested...

I like the lp500 prototype intake.

I have a Japanese video on this L150, bought it in a Japanese Convenience store in 1989. I have watched the video maybe

1000 times. I can understand what the video says, it was purchased through a Japanese Journalist who initially was not getting anywhere with the Lamborghini Factory people until he showed a book on Cars he wrote. They allowed the car to be

known by the Japanese enthusiasts community was bought and brought to Japan. It is a one off, (prototype), that was a study for the next evolution of the Countach. It is fuel injected, has only one radiator (One side) and the side "gills" open automatically to allow air to the radiator. The windows open almost half way, and everything else is pretty much like a fuel Injected US market CT. The driving impressions are, very light clutch, smooth and progressive acceleration, they compare it to a Ferrari feel more than the regular carburated CT. The comentator says even a lady would find easy to drive.

If anybody wants more details, I can explain. There is a big Japanese community of Lamborghini owners and enthusiasts.

They have a club (JLOC) Japan Lamborghini Owners Club. I can make a copy of the video if anybody is interested...

Luis, I still have the copy you gave me many years ago........very amusing......even though I understand nothing said.

• 3 years later...

Err, just found this thread, do you still have the video, I'd love to get a copy & find out more about the car. All I have are some small/blurry shots of it at the factory in a car magazine from the late 80's... The main idea apparently was to seriously improve the aerodynamics and practicality (hence the change to the more steeply angled, one peice, fully opening windows) It may actually have been capable of the holy 200mph..?

My information is that they made two, one being retained (originally) by Patrick Mimram.

Jonathan