Removing stickers from 6.0 windshields

Ecnal

Hey all,

I have a 6.0 with some nasty state stickers inside the windshield. I'm scared to grab a razorblade and start hacking, in case there is a coating or film, etc. Anyone have some info on the windshields or tips on removing stickers? Thanks in advance.

I posted the same question a while back, but mine had more to do with how the Lambo community felt about stickers vs no stickers.

It does give the car a newer look, but I find them annoying.

As for removing them... I did take the Air Bag one off the passenger side dash. It was real difficult and nerve racking. I ended up working the leather so hard that it was kind of warped after I finished.

It finally tightened back up. I tried everything from Goof-Off to acetone and nothing seemed to attack the glue.

Let us know how it goes removing the windshield stickers. I don't think it will be bad. Just cover the dash and keep the razor AWAY from the leather.

WOW! Is that Wharts old car? BTW, welcome back to lambo ownership! :icon_thumleft:

It looks like the car I ordered 6 1/2 years ago, from that same dealer incidently.

It looks like the car I ordered 6 1/2 years ago, from that same dealer incidently.

Really? Why didn't you go through with it?

Really? Why didn't you go through with it?

I canceled the order because I liked pearl yellow better. Now I wish I would have kept both.

I canceled the order because I liked pearl yellow better. Now I wish I would have kept both.

Is there a cat pic for that situation?

funny_cat_pictures_109.jpg

Is there a cat pic for that situation?

This is the only cat I have with both red and yellow. :eusa_think:

funny_cat_pictures_109.jpg

This is the only cat I have with both red and yellow. :eusa_think:

No kidding? Not being able to decide between two colors makes you a fag?!

combining these two colors in one car is. :lol2:

Has anybody owned such a car?

Yes, I'm an L-Fag.

yahoo.gif

combining these two colors in one car is. :lol2:

Has anybody owned such a car?

Just because you have a two toned lambo doesn't mean anyone else with any sense does!

I posted the same question a while back, but mine had more to do with how the Lambo community felt about stickers vs no stickers.

It does give the car a newer look, but I find them annoying.

As for removing them... I did take the Air Bag one off the passenger side dash. It was real difficult and nerve racking. I ended up working the leather so hard that it was kind of warped after I finished.

It finally tightened back up. I tried everything from Goof-Off to acetone and nothing seemed to attack the glue.

Let us know how it goes removing the windshield stickers. I don't think it will be bad. Just cover the dash and keep the razor AWAY from the leather.

any close up pics of the aftermath or the airbag sticker removed??

It is Whart's old car. He and the previous owners have kept it in nice shape. The color gets so many compliments I'm surprised there aren't more of this color out there.

Peter- You didn't happen to keep any of the ordering documents, did you? They would be neat to have.

i saw it in person after delivery.....it's breath taking.

ps: L, for my orange 6.0, i combined a razor blade plus goof-off to gentle scrap it off.... i, too removed the sticker on my airbag as well (no razor blade, of course.....). i agree. there are way too many stickers. they are distracting......

It is Whart's old car.

Peter- You didn't happen to keep any of the ordering documents, did you? They would be neat to have.

I have the paperwork in a box somwhere, but I talked to Whart and came to the conclusion that his car was an identical copy of the one I ordered, so there is one more car out there looking exactly like yours.