Bargain or disaster?

topcabron

Maybe just a bad time of year to sell a car or just a very realistic price to move inventory. Did you see the 512BB with the Twin Turbo TR Motec Norwood motor that sold for $80k a couple of weeks ago? Explain that?!

Maybe just a bad time of year to sell a car or just a very realistic price to move inventory. Did you see the 512BB with the Twin Turbo TR Motec Norwood motor that sold for $80k a couple of weeks ago? Explain that?!

Simply modified too much for a semi-classic. If you want a hot-rod, don't modify a Boxer. In addition, what is the mechanical condition of that car ?

Jason

With the Countach, don't become emotional. If you want it, ask to buy it under the assumption, that it passes your mechanical inspection.

Hate those sills (makes the 1988.5 sills look good :icon_mrgreen: ), but you can't beat the price if its not a leaking, smoking wreck. I think right now is a bad time to sell a car. It's coming into winter, so in 3/4 of the country you can't drive collector cars now, and I think people are still taking a wait and see attitude because of the housing market crash. I took it in the shorts on my 911 I just sold, but I needed to liquidate. If I had to sell the CT right now, which fortunately I don't, I'd probably be taking another big loss. The CTs Roy practically gave away at Monterey didn't help values right now.

Simply modified too much for a semi-classic. If you want a hot-rod, don't modify a Boxer. In addition, what is the mechanical condition of that car ?

true, from a value point of view these mods don't help the car

if it runs well otherwise it should be a great FUN car though and i'd like to own it :icon_thumleft:

I don't like the rockers or the after market antenna on the left rear quater, but other than that it looks like a really good deal. The add says nothing about the car, so it could have some issues. PPI!

It would be great if someone in the area could check it out

and report back..... as suggested, get a PPI because it can't hurt.

(Roy only gave away one countach and that was still in the 85grand range)

(problem is, it was an S1)

Someone know about the car/s Roy "gave away"? Would like to see ads or photos of the cars in question to see what these buyers got for their money.

Someone know about the car/s Roy "gave away"? Would like to see ads or photos of the cars in question to see what these buyers got for their money.

I think it was at Monterey.

The car Roy "gave away" was an S1 but was not an original car.

It was worth more than the $88,000 that the buyer paid but it was not worth more than $100K at that time. One day it will be.

There is an S1 for sale now for $110K but needs about $70K to re-do it and at this time there are no takers.

I could spend $20K on the ebay QV to make it right... but why? I can find 10 of them that need less work that don't have aftermarket add ons.

You get what you pay for... trust me I have owned 5 Countachs and it has been a real education.

So Roy only sold one Countach at the Monterey auctions and brought the other

two back home. I bought the one (88) and it looks like he recently sold Steve Lefferts

old car but I don't know where it went.

Lefferts car did sell. I know where it is but won't say because maybe the owner doesn't want anyone to know. Not sure how much.

Rumor has it that the headgaskets are shot on both sides and it leaks a lot of antifreeze. I hope whoever bought it picks up on that.........going to be costly. Thats why it is priced accordingly.

There is an S1 for sale now for $110K but needs about $70K to re-do it and at this time there are no takers.

Where??

Where??

Are you looking for another?

It is a private seller I am not at liberty to say, I also have nothing to do with it.

I know yours has been offered for sale and I know the price but I will not say that as well.

People call me to ask my opinion on a lot of S1's based on the condition and what I paid for mine.

Not to mention my experience after owning 5 Countach.

:)