877 rwhp on Super G!!!!

g-force

IMO the G engines of the Heffner tuned cars have been stressed plenty enough to prove their reliability. I dont think constant high speed autobahn driving will do anything to the engine as the car already can sustain high speeds without turbos. It's not like the engine is under full boost 100% of the time just because you are driving at 180 mph. As part of the tuning package, engine internals are beefed up to handle the extra power, and max boost is relatively low compared to what other tuned cars are running. Your point that, "there must be something up if audi is unable to build such car," is pretty weak. If that was true everyone should and would just leave all their cars 100% stock. At least Heffner stands behind his work and offers a 1 year warranty on the engine.

the warranty is cool, I was actually considering having a twin turbo upgrade but I live in Europe and shipping the car back and forth is kind of pain, not to mention that no matter what you say I am sure I would be able to blow the engine in 1 week the way we drive here :)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see no problem in making 3000 miles on this car, 4 vmax runs or a few quarter miles runs. I meant a constant high speed driving for 30 minutes and more :) I know you or anyone else never tested that, it gives a lot more stress to the engine than a 'few runs'

I am beginning to think you don't know what you are talking about...... by you own logic, your stock G should blow its engine after a half an hour of high speed cruising on the bahn. It takes exactly the same amount of energy(ie heat) to propel a stock G down the road at a constant velocity(at whatever speed) as it would for a twin turbo. The real stresses on a TT engine occur during hard acceleration, when you use all of the available power.

I am beginning to think you don't know what you are talking about...... by you own logic, your stock G should blow its engine after a half an hour of high speed cruising on the bahn. It takes exactly the same amount of energy(ie heat) to propel a stock G down the road at a constant velocity(at whatever speed) as it would for a twin turbo. The real stresses on a TT engine occur during hard acceleration, when you use all of the available power.

That is exactly what I was saying in my post. :iamwithstupid:

That is exactly what I was saying in my post. :iamwithstupid:

:icon_thumleft:

btw, less than 30 days for the article to come out. As for a vmax run being a walk in the park.....2 out of 5 contestants did not finish due to engine malfunctions!!

I am not a mechanic, but I thought even at constant speed there is some boost used? I would love seeing someone coming over here with his TTG and testing it on roads without speed limit :P

I am not a mechanic, but I thought even at constant speed there is some boost used? I would love seeing someone coming over here with his TTG and testing it on roads without speed limit :P

Speed Limits in the US? What speed limits? :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid:

Why would the car blow up? I ran my 89 Porsche 930 Turbo, with roughly 3 times the amount of power it came from the factory with stock, I ran it for years, we did high speed passes (200mph plus all the time) and It never blew up. Dodge Vipers have been known to run over 4x their initial power outputs. Also, its usually not the motor that blows, its the next weakest link.. ie transmission, axels etc.

If the TT Gallardo was running 30lbs of boost to make its power, Id say yes, it wont last long. But at the 9-10psi they are running it should have no problems whatsoever. People said my SV would never be able to run nitrous, well, they were wrong too.

I spoke to Gary today..... He says he needs to get a TT Gallardo. Another Heffner FGT/Viper customer recently bought a orange SE egear which will be converted soon.

Someone NEEDS to do a Nera. No more SE's. Too many SE's being done. It's almost a production car at this point if Heff gets a few more. :lol: If I had known that everyone with an SE was going to get it done, I'd have bought the Nera instead. :P

Of course I meant Autobahns in Germany :)

My point was. Not many people with Lamborghini's follow the speed limits anywhere there is one in the US, or anywhere else. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

Disclaimer: You should always follow posted speed limits. :icon_mrgreen:

All this TT talk with the G car makes me want to do the conversion.. :icon_thumleft:

very tempting :icon_super:

Do IT!!! You know u want to.

Someone NEEDS to do a Nera. No more SE's. Too many SE's being done. It's almost a production car at this point if Heff gets a few more. :lol: If I had known that everyone with an SE was going to get it done, I'd have bought the Nera instead. :P

Tell that to Gary Javo because he just sold his TT Viper!! :lol2:

I just had a ride in Ripper02's TTG. You will be impressed VegasSE, that car is crazy fast!! Jason was telling me it put 20 lengths on a modded FGT(that ran a 10.80@132mph) as well as a few lengths on Javo's ex Viper. :icon_mrgreen:

someone do a Superleggera! :icon_super:

Some one is doing..... in fact two are being done, one for a Middle Eastern customer and another SL for a lucky guy in the northeast. Also, a couple of Canadian cars are in process. Twin Turbo Gallardos are going international! Be way cool for a European to step up to the plate next. We need to run this beast on the ring! :icon_thumleft:

Some one is doing..... in fact two are being done, one for a Middle Eastern customer and another SL for a lucky guy in the northeast. Also, a couple of Canadian cars are in process. Twin Turbo Gallardos are going international! Be way cool for a European to step up to the plate next. We need to run this beast on the ring! :icon_thumleft:

When can it be ready?

I just had a ride in Ripper02's TTG. You will be impressed VegasSE, that car is crazy fast!! Jason was telling me it put 20 lengths on a modded FGT(that ran a 10.80@132mph) as well as a few lengths on Javo's ex Viper. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm thinking about doing something else as well. As much as I hate to say it, the TT Gallardo conversion is becoming a little too "main stream" for my taste. I don't like having things that a ton of other people have. It's time to come up with something REALLY unique. ;)

I'm thinking about doing something else as well. As much as I hate to say it, the TT Gallardo conversion is becoming a little too "main stream" for my taste. I don't like having things that a ton of other people have. It's time to come up with something REALLY unique. ;)

I got just the thing for you, PM me if you want lots of headache and less $ in your bankaccount...

I got just the thing for you, PM me if you want lots of headache and less $ in your bankaccount...

:lol: Doesn't sound too appealing. :P I'd like to do something really different. The only issue is that it's not worth it for Jason to do it unless it's going to be something he can do a LOT of, which is exactly what I DON'T want. It's a tough situation where I may have to pay an astronomical amount of money to make SURE nobody else can have it. ;)

:lol: Doesn't sound too appealing. :P I'd like to do something really different. The only issue is that it's not worth it for Jason to do it unless it's going to be something he can do a LOT of, which is exactly what I DON'T want. It's a tough situation where I may have to pay an astronomical amount of money to make SURE nobody else can have it. ;)

I've done things to cars years ago that people still haven't done.. You know where to find me :icon_thumleft:

\

do you think he will get a G?

Is this for sure?

Are the cars at Heffners?

:confused:

There's what, 10.. maybe 15 TTG's? That's mainstream?