The Benz Driver who killed the guy in Scottsdale

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is much different from the Canadian system in particular, where defendants names are protected from the press, etc... I wrote a law review article on the differences between the Canadian system and the US System in Law School.... I like the U.S. system more.

From my understanding the Canadian system has strong links (naturally) with the French legal system; which imo and experience is really shit - I am going through some stuff now to do with my family in France.

Yes the US system imo is better than the French/Canadian system in general but I really am shocked that such a revelation is released, surely a prosecutor would include this only in the trial and not prior to prevent the defendant claiming an unfair trial. I am not saying that the trials are held in private I am just surprised that details of the parties involved are release to the public domain prior to the trial.

But anyway we are diverting away from the topic content... still interesting though.

The Canadian and US systems are fairly close. The names of young offenders or victims who are minors cannot be released, everything else is fair game.

80% of Canada is based off a common law system, which is english. Quebec is based off the civil law code, which is french.

From my understanding the Canadian system has strong links (naturally) with the French legal system; which imo and experience is really shit - I am going through some stuff now to do with my family in France.

Yes the US system imo is better than the French/Canadian system in general but I really am shocked that such a revelation is released, surely a prosecutor would include this only in the trial and not prior to prevent the defendant claiming an unfair trial. I am not saying that the trials are held in private I am just surprised that details of the parties involved are release to the public domain prior to the trial.

But anyway we are diverting away from the topic content... still interesting though.

I've always wondered about this. Why does it make when the jurors receive the information. As long as it's ture then it wouldn't matter if they hear it before or during the trial, they would still make the same conclusion?

Would someones insurance umbrella policy take care of all this mess?

If he had a 3 million dollar policy I would think he would be ok financially but with weed in the scenario it might be a different ball game.

The Canadian and US systems are fairly close. The names of young offenders or victims who are minors cannot be released, everything else is fair game.

80% of Canada is based off a common law system, which is english. Quebec is based off the civil law code, which is french.

This is correct. The Canadian system is mostly based on the British legal system (or was atleast).

"The prosecution did not object as there is evidence that Van Brakel had trace amounts of Marijuana in his blood at the time of the accident. This could mean more charges and a new Grand Jury will allow the expansion of charges." :shock:

stoned.jpg

• 1 month later...
Theyre fucked.!

:iamwithstupid:

With this kind of driving record they don't stand a chance..

Court records shows that Aronica has been cited nine times for speeding and once each for careless and reckless driving since 2001.

Aronica has been cited in Michigan, Virginia, Florida and Maryland.

Five months before Holman's death, Aronica was cited for reckless driving for going 84 mph in a 65 mph zone in Greensville County, Va.

Aronia paid $906 in speeding tickets in six of the 11 cases. Fine amounts weren't available in the other five.

Van Brakel has a less-extensive driving record, but reached higher speeds.

In November 2004, he was clocked driving 120 mph in a 75 mph zone on Interstate 17 near Mayer.

He told the officer he was "trying out a new car," records shows. The ticket cost him $480.

In June 2004, Van Brakel paid a $293 fine for driving 67 mph in a 40 mph zone in Scottsdale.

• 1 month later...
Theyre fucked. And what happened to Juicee63? He dissapeared!

I thought the case was dismissed, at least that is what i read on the Maricopa County website.

HAHA ya you wish...

CR2007-182613-002 SE 09/25/2008

Docket Code 042 Form R000D Page 1

CLERK OF THE COURT

HON. TERESA SANDERS M. Brown

Deputy

STATE OF ARIZONA GREGORY R BIZZOZERO

MATTHEW PATRICK MACLEOD

v.

ROBERT HANK VAN BRAKEL (002) ROBERT L STORRS

DISPOSITION CLERK-CSC

VICTIM SERVICES DIV-CA-SE

MINUTE ENTRY

CASE DISMISSED

CR2007-182613-002 SE 09/25/2008

Docket Code 042 Form R000D Page 1

CLERK OF THE COURT

HON. TERESA SANDERS M. Brown

Deputy

STATE OF ARIZONA GREGORY R BIZZOZERO

MATTHEW PATRICK MACLEOD

v.

ROBERT HANK VAN BRAKEL (002) ROBERT L STORRS

DISPOSITION CLERK-CSC

VICTIM SERVICES DIV-CA-SE

MINUTE ENTRY

CASE DISMISSED

:eusa_naughty: :lol2:

:eusa_naughty: :lol2:

are you in disbelief or is the case not dismissed? I personally think its BS and that he should go to jail.

are you in disbelief or is the case not dismissed? I personally think its BS and that he should go to jail.

Sure, drag racing cases involving... death, drugs and multiple prior infractions usually get dismissed. :lol2:

Case wasnt exactly dismissed.... It was dismissed so that it could be REFILED.... Probably with the new drug charges people were talking about...

Here is the new case number... They are still VERY MUCH in the system, and if anything, the case has only gotten worse.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/dock...r=CR2008-031157

Guest skokos

Good. I about spit out my dinner when I read it was dismissed. Im glad they are refilling it with the new added charges

Now Juicefag can go back into his hole.

BTW... Juice.... your avatar violates our avatar policy.... And since youve proved time and again youre a member of the Blueballs cult, Im giving you the "Elrond Hubbard of Rivendale" avatar.

elrondhubbard.jpg