Damn Replica!

Smash Boy

Those wheels don't look like 15 inch wheels.

Dont look wide enough either.... But otherwise looks spot on.

To be honest, it would be kind of cool to have something like that, with say 1000hp, that no one could tell is fake and just blow everyones doors off. But then again, youd be scared that at any moment it would fall appart.

To be honest, it would be kind of cool to have something like that, with say 1000hp, that no one could tell is fake and just blow everyones doors off. But then again, youd be scared that at any moment it would fall appart.

Another clip of the same car sounds nice and it would' t fall apart if I built it , looks pretty close to the real mc coy and nicely finished, someone put a lot of time into that, and probably a few dollars as well.

Regards

Lambolexus

Doesnt that apply to every well done replica Allan, or just ct's? It pretty spot on except for the wheels (which its probably better off with!) and the double dash.

Did anyone happen to to hear all the squeaky noises that it made while it was moving? I think I would have to replace a few of the suspension parts to keep that from driving me nuts.

Picture it:

Driving along in your home built Countach and there seated next to you, your dream girl. Bleached blonde hair, deep blue eyes (contacts of course), a smile of perfectly veneered teeth, nicely done aftermarket double D package, butt cheek implants, lee nails, a 4 carat cubic zirconium with matching 1 carat earrings, sensuously clad in a black synthetic silk spaghetti strap dress with imitation anaconda skin stiletto pumps and a repro Gucci bag.

Damn life's good. I'm styling. :icon_super:

In the words of David Byrne, "How did I get here?"

Picture it:

Driving along in your home built Countach and there seated next to you, your dream girl. Bleached blonde hair, deep blue eyes (contacts of course), a smile of perfectly veneered teeth, nicely done aftermarket double D package, butt cheek implants, lee nails, a 4 carat cubic zirconium with matching 1 carat earrings, sensuously clad in a black synthetic silk spaghetti strap dress with imitation anaconda skin stiletto pumps and a repro Gucci bag.

Damn life's good. I'm styling. :icon_super:

In the words of David Byrne, "How did I get here?"

:lol2: :lol2:

It is much better to pay between 25-35K for a 930 Turbo, which is essentially one of the true early 80's supercars.

I'm one of those people that has never understood lusting after a replica. I agree with the 930, a great car for reasonable money. A 356, Austin Healey, Alfa's, Lotus Esprit, there are many fun cars.

I personally would rather have a nice classic of any type than a kit. There are so many great cars out there. Someone who has the ability to build a car from pieces has the potential to resurrect a basket case of something worth saving. I really enjoy seeing pictures and talking to people who cared enough to save a classic regardless of make. I think most of us respect that.

So, I guess I will never receive this Best of Show award for kitcars/replicas.

au_turd.jpg

I'm one of those people that has never understood lusting after a replica. I agree with the 930, a great car for reasonable money. A 356, Austin Healey, Alfa's, Lotus Esprit, there are many fun cars.

I personally would rather have a nice classic of any type than a kit. There are so many great cars out there. Someone who has the ability to build a car from pieces has the potential to resurrect a basket case of something worth saving. I really enjoy seeing pictures and talking to people who cared enough to save a classic regardless of make. I think most of us respect that.

:notworthy:

Years ago on ebay, some Cn seller claimed to have over 100K in a Diablo kit. :dumbass: I could not tell from the pics, if it was the real item or not. The kit owner, sourced geniune parts. He did not put a lot of money into the engine. He paid a lot of money for genuine parts, with the hope of fooling a person who had some idea of what the real car looks like. He mentioned several times in the listing, how reliable the car was.

I guess if he would have purchased a clean and serviced 1991 Diablo, he would have done much better economically. A kit with over 100K in receipts, is not a very good deal - even if it is reliable.

both Ralf

i could not agree more

a 930 turbo, a nice jalpa or sil., an esprit, a de tomaso there are so many better options available i could not understand the replica thing at all