What is the best price for murci clutch replacement?

jess996

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll check, but I'm pretty sure I have a clutch that is 95% new (about 4,000 miles on it) that I would sell to you for much less than that.

I just had mine replaced by Lamborghini Ohio and I'm sitting here looking at the bill. Here goes...

Clutch Assembly parts.... $4099.46

Labor For Clutch replacement..... $3480.00

The total for this excluding tax was.... $7579.46

As mentioned, the labor is high because the engine is removed to replace the clutch.

I'm paying about $4500 for the labor, including rebuild to new type clutch, guess that's about right then. Don't even ask what I payed to for the rebuild assembly kit... :aiwebs_005:

why the hell did i hear 12k for a new Murci clutch :eusa_think:

considering what i paid, that sounds like the price for the whole assembly (everything in the clutch house), not just a replacement kit.

how many miles do you guys have on your cars that you are in need of clutch replacement?

All depends on how you drive the car. I have 7000 miles on mine and the cutch still feels good.

Clutch should last maybe 20,000 miles no?? Unless you launch the car often or are 6speed handicaped I guess.

I think a good independent job could get that done for $5,500 but until that time comes I guess I will find out , Right now my clutch is pretty strong

Good Luck

Just out of curiosity, aren't there any after market clutches and flywheels for our cars or is the market that limited?

All depends on how you drive the car. I have 7000 miles on mine and the cutch still feels good.

i know. but i am assuming that the owners here drive their cars normally and not abusively. i have 7600miles and the clutch feels excellent. it's just in the US market, i see a lot of murcies with low miles and having done a clutch replacement and i find it weird as its rather soon. i hope my clutch lasts over 20000 miles. sometimes i am thinking that the dealers might be saying they need a clutch replacement when in reality there is a lot left.

you gotta remember there are always people who have never owned a powerful 6 speed car or a manual car at all and they have no idea how to drive stick because all they ever drove was their escalade to work. they get in it and basically learn how to drive on a murci clutch and therefore you have some early clutch replacements. as far as e-gear cars sometimes the settings are not perfect and it causes the clutch to wear out faster...

My clutch was replaced with under 5000 miles on it (2006 Murci Roadster E-Gear). The car wasn't abused, was never launched and I've owned multiple exotics and have been driving manual transmissions since my very first car. The clutch suddenly started to slip. When I took it into the dealer, the computer was showing that the clutch still had at least 50% of the wear left in it. Here was the problem. With 50% of the clutch left, the dealer could not adjust the e-gear to eliminate the slip. The factory sent them several software changes to try to eliminate the slipping but they just couldn't get it worked out and finally they suggested changing the clutch. The clutch was grabbing great after first gear... 2nd to 3rd, downshifting, etc... But there was terrible slipping at takeoff. A clutch with 50% of the life left in it shouldn't be slipping in my opinion. My argument to Lamborghini was that if the clutch has to be replaced this soon, the adjustment in the egear was wrong to begin with. I had a decision to make, let the clutch wear some more or replace it. I decided to replace it just in case there was some other transmission problem causing the premature clutch wear. If there was another problem, I wanted to be sure that I found it before warranty expiration. Also, I couldn't stomach the thought of driving a Lambo with a slipping clutch. I have other cars with manual transmissions with far more miles on them with strong clutches.

Needless to say, I think this will be my last e-gear.

My clutch was replaced with under 5000 miles on it (2006 Murci Roadster E-Gear). The car wasn't abused, was never launched and I've owned multiple exotics and have been driving manual transmissions since my very first car. The clutch suddenly started to slip. When I took it into the dealer, the computer was showing that the clutch still had at least 50% of the wear left in it. Here was the problem. With 50% of the clutch left, the dealer could not adjust the e-gear to eliminate the slip. The factory sent them several software changes to try to eliminate the slipping but they just couldn't get it worked out and finally they suggested changing the clutch. The clutch was grabbing great after first gear... 2nd to 3rd, downshifting, etc... But there was terrible slipping at takeoff. A clutch with 50% of the life left in it shouldn't be slipping in my opinion. My argument to Lamborghini was that if the clutch has to be replaced this soon, the adjustment in the egear was wrong to begin with. I had a decision to make, let the clutch wear some more or replace it. I decided to replace it just in case there was some other transmission problem causing the premature clutch wear. If there was another problem, I wanted to be sure that I found it before warranty expiration. Also, I couldn't stomach the thought of driving a Lambo with a slipping clutch. I have other cars with manual transmissions with far more miles on them with strong clutches.

Thats really fustrating. Oh well at least you know now.

8k is the magic number. You will not find it much less. With tax you are looking at about 8300-8500 bucks.

Like I said, if you want a virtually brand new clutch, just PM me. I only pulled mine because I needed a stronger one given my increase in power.

I'm paying about $4500 for the labor, including rebuild to new type clutch, guess that's about right then. Don't even ask what I payed to for the rebuild assembly kit... :aiwebs_005:

photos please....

do you have a complet list of clutch and assembly kit? what type of clutch is the car born with, the same as on a Diablo '91?

What was wrong after they pulled the engine?

What caused it to wear out that fast?

photos please....

do you have a complet list of clutch and assembly kit? what type of clutch is the car born with, the same as on a Diablo '91?

I'm going down to see my car on sunday (it's 300 km away atm). Hopefully the engine will be out, and I'll get some good shots at both the parts and the engine, as well as the part list.